Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:07:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130597 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: September 14, 2014, 08:43:53 AM »

I was just kidding guys!  I'll update in this thread.

Anyway, I am awake for church this morning and can't wait to worship my God this morning.  I am also looking forward to Week 7 of work beginning in under 23 hours!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 04:58:42 PM »

For the first update of Season XVII, I will say that I did take nearly a 4 hour nap this afternoon.  It sure felt good.  I could have slept all night, but I wanted and needed to get up for the evening service at church starting at 1800.  Also, since I am working until 1700 tomorrow evening, the beginning of work night 30 is pushed from 1630 to 1700 tonight.  So, it begins in about 2 minutes.  Again, my plan is to work 0730-1700 for the first four days this week and that way I only have four hours to work on Friday.  The same will be repeated in Week 8 next week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 07:59:05 PM »

I speak as someone who cannot nap... but surely four hours is not a nap?

Plus, how the hell were you so tired from doing nothing that you could sleep for four hours on a Sunday?

It's Bushie's body fighting off him eating more garbage.

Actually, last night for supper, I had a roast beef dinner with a baked potato, corn, ranch style beans, and a lettuce and cheese salad with no dressing and unsweetened iced tea.  I didn't have anything this morning and just had left over roast for lunch.  I don't know why I was so tired this afternoon, the only thing I did this morning was go to church for 3 hours, definitely not enough to get me all worn out.  Then again, for some reason I'm normally more tired on Sunday than the other six days.  Who knows.  I had a McDonald's cheeseburger this evening for dinner, but again no fries.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:06:48 PM »

A McDonald's cheeseburger is such an unsatisfactory meal. It's not big enough to satisfy anybody over the age of 10, but is also loaded with refined carbs. I know I'm repeating myself, but I object to the superwhite fluff bun much more to the burger or the cheese, although they are not without their own nutritional problems. No actual food has the consistency of those buns, and I also hate the way they stick to the teeth and to the tongue. They're a total abomination. Did you really only eat one? It's not very much food, clocking in at only 300 calories according to google. Not much of a dinner.

I had a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese.  The menu says 750 calories.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 08:16:53 PM »

Did you cook the roast beef and baked potato yourself?  Have you used your oven or stove yet?

I was at my grandmother's for a family dinner.  No, I have not used them, yet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 08:47:36 PM »

Actually, last night for supper, I had a roast beef dinner with a baked potato, corn, ranch style beans, and a lettuce and cheese salad

A burger and fries is beef, cheese, lettuce, wheat, potatoes. Corn is a grain equiv to wheat.

So basically you had a burger and fries with beans on it. Congrats on eating less healthier than usually. I can't imagine how many servings you had, too.

Why are you attacking me for potatoes when you yourself recommended a steak with MASHED POTATOES from Texas Roadhouse over Labor Day weekend?  Plus, you said a complete meal is better than a burger and fries and now you're attacking me over a complete meal.  You have no credibility left with me.  I am no longer listening to anything you have to say.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 09:12:51 PM »

Actually, last night for supper, I had a roast beef dinner with a baked potato, corn, ranch style beans, and a lettuce and cheese salad

A burger and fries is beef, cheese, lettuce, wheat, potatoes. Corn is a grain equiv to wheat.

So basically you had a burger and fries with beans on it. Congrats on eating less healthier than usually. I can't imagine how many servings you had, too.

Why are you attacking me for potatoes when you yourself recommended a steak with MASHED POTATOES from Texas Roadhouse over Labor Day weekend?  Plus, you said a complete meal is better than a burger and fries and now you're attacking me over a complete meal.  You have no credibility left with me.  I am no longer listening to anything you have to say.

I recommended steak, with some potatoes and VEGETABLES. Broccoli, spinach, carrots, green beans. You ordered potatoes and mac and cheese. You never listened to anything I had to say.

You did not eat a complete meal at your grandmothers. You had no greens, no oranges, no purples, no nothing. You had carbs, fat, carbs, fat, and carbs. Same as it ever was.

You will never lose weight because you ignore vegetables. Your complete meal was more carbs and more calories than most McDonalds combos.

I think he's miffed at you because he did have lettuce. 

He has lettuce on his burgers. Lettuce is not going to help him unless it's a rough lettuce like spinach or kale. He needs actual vegetables.

It's all part of his selective editing of advice he receives. I tell him steak, potatoes, and broccoli is a complete meal and he translates that as steak, potatoes, gravy, beans, corn, cheese as a complete meal.

Steak, beans, and broccoli is complete meal. Steak, corn, and snap peas is a complete meal. Steak, cheese, and asparagus is complete meal.

No veggies, no exercise, no weight loss. That's a fact.

You've lost all credibility, so you might as well save your breath and go back to the bleachers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 10:17:18 PM »

I really am looking forward to going back to work tomorrow to begin Week 7.  It's like a fresh start.  We moved offices Friday afternoon and the rest of the team completed the move over the weekend.  I am looking forward to opening up the new office tomorrow morning at 0730.  I may try to get there a few minutes early so I can get things set up in my own cubicle so I can have the most optimal working conditions that I can have.  It may take me a few minutes to get set up, but I should be able to pick up where I left off in my current project pretty quick.  I will work until 1700 tomorrow, so I'll get an extra half hour to spend in the new office.  I am really looking forward to this new office.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 07:00:25 AM »

Good Monday Morning!  I am awake and ready for Week 7 to begin.  I can't wait to christen the new office this morning.  Tonight is Monday Night Football.

Lief - I did get to hang out with JJ.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »

Lunch time!  This has been a really good first day in the new office.  I have a little more privacy than I did in the old office, but everyone is still accessible.  My boss wants me to leave at 1600, not 1700 all week because of logistics.  I may be able to work til 1700 next week.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 01:04:04 PM »

Before I get back to work, I must announce that as of midnight tonight there are only 100 days til Christmas!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 02:00:56 PM »

While I'm waiting for my computer to reboot, the logistics is that there is no phone line or internet, yet in this new office.  It's been ordered, but not yet installed.  So, my boss is having to stay at the old office to man the phone line.  Because of that and the fact that I'm not quite independent, yet, he doesn't want me here when no one else is here.  Everybody else leaves at 1600 or around there.

King, I do not briefly relax at work.  I'm not that dumb!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 02:02:04 PM »

Grumps, I have a better chair that covers my entire derrière.  So far it's a lot more comfortable.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 04:49:00 PM »

Good Monday Evening!  I am home from a great day at work.  Week 7 is off to a stellar start.  I got a lot of stuff done today on the project I was working on late last week.  Tonight, it is time for Monday Night Football with a projected bed time around 2245.  I hope to get as much done tomorrow as I got done today.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 06:42:09 PM »

Grumps, I have a better chair that covers my entire derrière.  So far it's a lot more comfortable.

This?

I'm not near that fat.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 07:34:44 PM »

I'm just about a week removed from the poor review.  It is very apparent that my boss is very intentional about working with me.  It makes me eager and willing to work with him.  Since the review, I have had four excellent days.  Now, I'm not naive enough to think the review has been forgotten, but the fact that he's willing to work with me tells me that he hasn't made up his mind to put me out to pasture.  Today, I was able to work unsupervised.  I only had to ask for help twice on my projects both by phone.  Both times were just to make sure I was on the right track.  I was both times.  Tomorrow should be a similar day.  I got a lot of stuff done today on the project I was working on late last week.  I should be able to move onto another project sometime tomorrow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 07:01:42 AM »

Good Tuesday Morning!  I am awake and ready for Day 31.  Tonight, I need to make a quick run to Walmart and then I'll watch two episodes of Big Brother (Sunday and Tuesday).  No games on tonight.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 12:46:22 PM »

Lunch time.  Today is going really well.  I've finished the project I was working on the last few days and now I'm helping one of my coworkers with his project due to the time critical nature of this project.  We need to get out this transmitted by tomorrow, so we're having to finish it up today.  My part is fairly simple, but requires a lot of math and critical thinking and problem solving.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 04:33:58 PM »

but requires a lot of math and critical thinking and problem solving.

What kind of math, just to get a general idea?

A lot of algebra and some trig.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 04:38:37 PM »

Good Tuesday Evening!  I am home from a very good day!  I finished the project I was working on today.  It was in two parts and I did the first part before lunch and the second part after lunch.  I decided to skip Walmart for the evening and instead I'm just going to relax and watch Big Brother.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »

Are you good on math, Bushie? Do you need to brush up on anything? I imagine you haven't done exercises in it since you were a college freshman.

I'm pretty good in math.  I went all the way through Calculus AB in high school.  I've done quite a bit of math in the 6 1/2 weeks I've been at this job, so I'm up to snuff again on my math skills.  There's really nothing to practice at home as I have to dig a little bit on the drawings and even look at master drawings to find the measurements that I need.  I mainly have to calculate lengths and weights to get the exact figure.  It's a bit more involved than general textbook math.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 05:19:10 PM »

I'm guessing that King isn't encroaching on the 300 lb marker.  He should have a heck of a lot more credibility in your mind than you do (which is quite sad).  King didn't just recommend steak and mashed potatoes; anyone with some basic problem solving skills could realize that if he wants you to stop eating fries, you shouldn't go around eating mashed potatoes instead.  You need to cut the starches way down.  I would've advised against potatoes entirely, but he's still way more credible in the nutrition realm than the 250+ pound guy who can't stop eating crap.

Lunch time.  Today is going really well.  I've finished the project I was working on the last few days and now I'm helping one of my coworkers with his project due to the time critical nature of this project.  We need to get out this transmitted by tomorrow, so we're having to finish it up today.  My part is fairly simple, but requires a lot of math and critical thinking and problem solving.

Do you honestly consider yourself good at those things?

On the weight, I am not encroaching on 300 lbs, either.  I may be a lot closer to it than King, but I'm backing away from 300 lbs slowly but surely.  I'm down to 280 lbs and have my sights set even lower.  Plus, on the potatoes, you eat what your grandmother puts in front of you.  You are not picky because you are on a challenge or a diet.  She worked hard cooking a delicious and nutritious dinner, it is only right to honor her and eat what you have been served.  I'm sorry if it doesn't meet the forum's definition of a nutritious meal, but I frankly do not care.  I care far more about hospitality than I do about diets or challenges.  That may sound old fashioned, but old fashioned ideals is generally so much better than most modern day ideals.  I ate the meal, then I got back on the challenge on Sunday.

I am good enough at those things to do this job, so yes, I do consider myself good at those things.   Inks, I have a lot of confidence in my abilities.  Your point seemed to say I am dumb and unlearned.  I don't think you meant that, but I am extremely smart and intelligent.  I have a darn good head on my shoulders.  I mostly make very good decisions.  I am not perfect, but I am not an idiot.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 06:37:50 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2014, 06:40:18 PM by Christmas Bushie 2014 »

If your grandmother cared about you, she'd respect that you'd need to change your eating habits.

It goes both ways.

No, that's not really fair either. I honestly don't believe people in Oklahoma know what garbage they consume in virtually all of their meals. I'm sure his grandma wanted to make him a tasty meal. I doubt she knows what's healthy and what isn't. It's a way of life that only education (and the will to be educated) can solve.

Now, you're calling my grandmother dumb.  Good job for insulting an 88-year-old lady who knows much more about healthy cooking than you do.  I hope you are proud of yourself.

You are all acting like uneducated, spoiled children by insulting and viciously attacking fellow human beings.  I am coming out of this looking like the adult here.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 06:47:05 PM »

C'mon guys, the way to talk about things is not by constantly attacking each other or their family members.  If you have something to say, can you talk about it like an honest, caring, sincere adult?  That is, without verbal attacks?  You guys are better than this.  I am better than this.  Some of you do talk the way adults should, but some of you talk like spoiled rich kids.  I don't go around insulting any of you at every opportunity.  Just because I am very transparent doesn't mean I open myself up to verbal attacks and insults.  I expect people to act like adults.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 06:50:16 PM »

If your grandmother cared about you, she'd respect that you'd need to change your eating habits.

It goes both ways.

No, that's not really fair either. I honestly don't believe people in Oklahoma know what garbage they consume in virtually all of their meals. I'm sure his grandma wanted to make him a tasty meal. I doubt she knows what's healthy and what isn't. It's a way of life that only education (and the will to be educated) can solve.

Now, you're calling my grandmother dumb.  Good job for insulting an 88-year-old lady who knows much more about healthy cooking than you do.  I hope you are proud of yourself.

You are all acting like uneducated, spoiled children by insulting and viciously attacking fellow human beings.  I am coming out of this looking like the adult here.

Does she though?

That's not attacking at all... trust me I'm capable of far worse.

All of my childhood she has insisted on green vegetables every day.  She normally fixes green beans with every meal, and the only reason she did not fix them last weekend is that when she went to the store to get the food, she thought she already had green beans or, at least, English peas, but when she got home she found out she had neither one, so the ranch style beans were a last-minute substitution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies