Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:15:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130602 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

« on: September 14, 2014, 06:21:47 AM »

I also support this real Update. The other title suggests imminent job loss, which is too much of a spoiler.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 08:05:15 PM »

A McDonald's cheeseburger is such an unsatisfactory meal. It's not big enough to satisfy anybody over the age of 10, but is also loaded with refined carbs. I know I'm repeating myself, but I object to the superwhite fluff bun much more to the burger or the cheese, although they are not without their own nutritional problems. No actual food has the consistency of those buns, and I also hate the way they stick to the teeth and to the tongue. They're a total abomination. Did you really only eat one? It's not very much food, clocking in at only 300 calories according to google. Not much of a dinner.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 08:13:21 PM »

A McDonald's cheeseburger is such an unsatisfactory meal. It's not big enough to satisfy anybody over the age of 10, but is also loaded with refined carbs. I know I'm repeating myself, but I object to the superwhite fluff bun much more to the burger or the cheese, although they are not without their own nutritional problems. No actual food has the consistency of those buns, and I also hate the way they stick to the teeth and to the tongue. They're a total abomination. Did you really only eat one? It's not very much food, clocking in at only 300 calories according to google. Not much of a dinner.

I had a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese.  The menu says 750 calories.
Never mind. Complete dietary Armageddon.  Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last.  Have you no sense of decency?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 05:55:40 PM »

Bushie mostly makes good decisions?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 08:00:03 PM »

A brick costs about 15 cents. How is that not cheap?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 10:45:11 PM »

Oh my goodness, Mr Moderate.  Did you really have to condemn my food choice for tomorrow night?  At least it's not a large burger and large fries.  I see nothing wrong with spaghetti.

As long as the meat is lean and the sauce is based on actual real tomatoes....

It's usually 97% lean meat and it is traditional Ragu pasta sauce like you would find in the grocery store.
97% lean? I've never even heard of that and I do quite a bit of cooking. Even the sirloin stuff is usually about 90% lean. Also, I don't care much for the "traditional" sauce. I like my sauce chunky!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 08:55:07 AM »

My lord ... making fresh sauce with tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine and little stock is NOT hard.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but how does one do it?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 08:09:19 PM »

As somebody with a major sweet tooth, I feel compelled to point out the horribleness of Poptarts, not from a nutritional standpoint, but just from a taste perspective. They always taste dry and gross. If you want something bad for you in the form of a preserved baked good, go for a Nutrigrain bar or one of those plastic wrapped blueberry muffins. Poptarts are completely inedible. There's so much better junk food on the shelves of WalMart.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 09:19:26 PM »

So Mama Bushie denied his request to cook? He's still not allowed to use the stove?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 08:07:58 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dceBTg2S5k
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 09:35:14 PM »

Sounds like an ultimatum to me. Get right or be gone by Nov 1.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 08:07:59 PM »

Somebody's coming out of the closet, perhaps?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 10:20:47 PM »

Bushie is for gay marriage because the majority of the forum is.
This pattern of mindlessly taking cues from others applies to most of the Forum as well. I remember back when I was in the minority here, supporting marriage equality in the face of "The Dems have to nominate a Southern Blue Dog for President if they ever want to win". Quite a few forum moderate heroes would go as far as Civil Unions, but that was it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 07:16:09 PM »

Looks like we have serious mystery angle going on this season. Interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QUq72fla3o
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 09:29:08 PM »

Is it just me or did Bushie delete the post on Facebook? This is all getting very mysterious.

Yeah, I think he mentioned that the mystery family member told him to delete it.

What a strange story. At first I thought and worried it was a death in the family or a very bad medical diagnosis, but I don't know why he'd be so secretive about something like that. Hopefully it is just something silly like his cousin coming out.

Let's not be so cavalier about something as grave as a gay trying to live openly in Oklahoma. 

That's true. In some parts of Oklahoma, you have a higher life expectancy getting diagnosed with cancer than you do "the gay."
And nobody blames your cancer for enormous disasters. Being told you're responsible for Hurricane Katrina and 9/11 has to be emotionally devastating.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 10:35:07 AM »

Bushie, have you ever eaten at Buffalo Wild Wings?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 10:04:38 PM »

1. Are men and women not permitted to study the Bible together?
2.  It's only 3 hours from OKC to Dallas. Go see a damn Cowboys game before you die of a heart attack at age 37. I bet they sell cheeseburgers at the stadium.
3. What are your thoughts on the best way to do a cheeseburger? What kind of cheese do you like? Condiments? Bread? As I've mentioned previously, I am very opposed to the super fluffy fast food style bun. I find them to be abomination.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 10:25:20 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2014, 10:33:40 PM by memphis »

What sort of cheese and bread to like with your burger?
After a quick google search, I found out that they do indeed sell burgers at AT&T Stadium, home to the Dallas Cowboys. Here is a pic of one.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 10:31:48 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2014, 10:35:45 PM by memphis »

Dang that's a good looking burger. What is that, pulled pork?
•  Fire-roasted double cheeseburger, $15: Angus chuck and Angus brisket topped with garlic aioli, aged cheddar and caramelized balsamic onions.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09/05/6095846/att-stadium-goes-full-flavor-with.html

Also, regarding traffic, to quote wikipedia
You must be logged in to read this quote.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 11:34:21 PM »

Morden, I've watched probably 12-15 hours since Thursday.  With this situation, football has been my release mechanism.

Besides my alma mater, the last football game I've attended was a University of Oklahoma game back in the late 80's/early 90's when Cale Gundy was at QB.  I have never attended an NFL game.  I've attended two Oklahoma City Thunder NBA games and one New York Mets MLB game, and a couple of minor league baseball games.

LMAO!  Have you really?

Can someone photoshop Bushie into this picture next to me?  

I have a bad feeling that kid in the white t shirt is about to get loved on.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 10:03:05 AM »

I wouldn't dare google "loving on kids" lest I fall into some sort of secret Attorney General watchlist.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 07:58:06 PM »

Sorry to hear about your uncle. When I was a child, I had an aunt die of lung cancer at the age of 57. It was a shocking thing. Back then, you could still smoke in hospitals, and she smoked until the very end. Crazy how much things have changed. Are you physically going to be able to do the pallbearer job though? You may want to practice walking carrying something that weighs about 50 lbs and see how you do.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 09:03:24 PM »

On a somewhat lighter note, are there any gays in your family?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 09:18:22 PM »

Bushie, outside of the Atlas, have you ever known a real life gay?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 08:46:32 AM »

But a week of bereavement time for an Uncle is unusual.
^^^^^^^^^^^
This is absolutely true. I think Mr. Boss is trying to get to Nov 1 as painlessly as possible and then he will unload Bushie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies