Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:36:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130681 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: September 16, 2014, 06:56:10 AM »

Good Tuesday morning! It was a late night last night but it was worth it as I watched my Philadelphia Eagles absolutely wallop the nauseating Indianapolis Colts! It was a real thrashing. During the game, I enjoyed some grilled chicken, corn and MASHED POTATOES, washed down with some good, old fashioned H2O.

The Champions League returns this afternoon at 2:45:00 PM ET so I'll probably watch one of the matches at a nearby watering hole.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 07:02:45 AM »

then I'll watch two episodes of Big Brother (Sunday and Tuesday).  No games on tonight.

Yes, same here!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 06:43:05 PM »

If it makes you feel any better, Jeff, the old Moderate Hero Franzl would have insulted your grandmother but would have still been undecided on whether or not he'd vote for her!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 06:48:25 PM »

No, they're really not better than this, Jeff. Most of them are pathetic themselves and need an outlet.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 09:02:28 PM »

Ok, so who is changing their username to "Spinach and 3 or 4  glasses of tea?"
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »

I would like to see Our Dear Friend apply for a job in the office of future Senator Lankford.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 01:15:23 AM »

I would like to see Our Dear Friend apply for a job in the office of future Senator Lankford.

Bushie should work in government.  Back when I worked as an intern for Senator Lautenberg in 2008, they sometimes said even if I wasn't that great with constituents who called the office with questions (it was the first time I'd ever had to talk to people over the phone regularly) they would keep me around just because I livened up the place with political banter and could hold my own in a discussion of current events.

The only problem with that is that working in a elected official's office, it is a lot of call center work trying to answer questions about the official's positions and then GOTV efforts.  That's a call center.  Lest we all forget the lesson learned from my previous employment attempts - BushOklahoma and call centers don't mix.  We're not friends.  If I take a call center job, no matter the nature, it's a matter of time before we sing this same song again.  My old man told me this evening not to ever go back to customer service!!

Ok, I understand how it's call center-esque but just so I'm clear: my point was that you'd try to work for him after he wins in November. You'd have nothing to do with "GOTV efforts" while trying to help Eskimo Joe with his Social Security Disability claim.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 08:53:19 AM »

I think we found what Our Dear Friend should pursue (I think it was eluded to earlier on this page): he must run for, and win, elected office. And unless Oklahoma has recall provisions, he wouldn't be terminated from his position within like two months.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 08:42:39 AM »

Happy Columbus Day weekend, BushOK! I'm not sure if you have a parade you can attend in OKC but will you at least celebrate by enjoying an excellent Italian meal and maybe a glass of Oklahoma's finest red wine?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies