Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:08:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XVII: I Ate The Strawberry (The REAL, AUTHENTIC Update)  (Read 130736 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: September 21, 2014, 01:51:08 PM »

Missing another Friday? RIP job.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 10:06:11 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

RIP JOB
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 11:08:48 AM »

I see you guys have been busy trashing my abilities overnight.  Am I listening?  Absolutely not!  I don't listen to trash.  You guys expect me to continue the update even when I get trashed and insulted.  Again, I can do drafting.  My skills are not poor.  I'm taking another break.

This post is offensive.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 12:58:10 PM »

The BK post was the best of all of them, but how do I start at the management position?  I refuse to make minimum wage on my way to success that may or may not happen.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 04:20:09 PM »

Bushie, why don't you try to get a pizza delivery job? It's the easiest $12/hour ever. Plus you get to eat garbage for free. And you can still watch all the tv you want on your own time. No boring personal development required. It's perfect.

What about rain and snow?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 07:16:01 PM »

Maybe we're going in the wrong direction here. None of these job ideas seem to be working, minimum wage grunt work is beneath Bushie and going on disability probably is too.

That leaves an option that many men in his situation have pursued: find a reasonably industrious woman who is stably employed and also suffers from low self-esteem; convince her she needs you and you're the best thing that ever happened to her even though you're a broke, overweight, unemployed schmuck, and let her go out and bring home the bacon while you sit around the house all day doing whatever the hell you want. Dump some of your seed in her, make her have a kid by you and you two will officially be irreversibly entangled.

Poor black and white men with few skills or ambitions all across the country have gotten the steady income and roof over their head that they need by becoming Common-Law Husbands/Baby Daddies to women who deserve better but lack the self-respect to actually dump those losers and find someone else.

Jeff would do well to find a woman who is a nurse's aide or has some other comparable stable, working class job, who came from a broken home and has daddy issues. They tend to set their standards lower than they should and the fact that Jeff has no priors and doesn't use weed/meth/etc already puts him at the top of the heap. She'll pay the rent, cook and clean while you sit around all day. 'Tis the white trash way of doing things.

This is perhaps the most awful post I have read on the forum. It makes sense, yes, but it is a truly terrible proposition. To ever sentence a woman to such a fate would be utterly tragic.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 07:30:47 PM »

Maybe we're going in the wrong direction here. None of these job ideas seem to be working, minimum wage grunt work is beneath Bushie and going on disability probably is too.

That leaves an option that many men in his situation have pursued: find a reasonably industrious woman who is stably employed and also suffers from low self-esteem; convince her she needs you and you're the best thing that ever happened to her even though you're a broke, overweight, unemployed schmuck, and let her go out and bring home the bacon while you sit around the house all day doing whatever the hell you want. Dump some of your seed in her, make her have a kid by you and you two will officially be irreversibly entangled.

Poor black and white men with few skills or ambitions all across the country have gotten the steady income and roof over their head that they need by becoming Common-Law Husbands/Baby Daddies to women who deserve better but lack the self-respect to actually dump those losers and find someone else.

Jeff would do well to find a woman who is a nurse's aide or has some other comparable stable, working class job, who came from a broken home and has daddy issues. They tend to set their standards lower than they should and the fact that Jeff has no priors and doesn't use weed/meth/etc already puts him at the top of the heap. She'll pay the rent, cook and clean while you sit around all day. 'Tis the white trash way of doing things.

This is perhaps the most awful post I have read on the forum. It makes sense, yes, but it is a truly terrible proposition. To ever sentence a woman to such a fate would be utterly tragic.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke

I would think so too, but the ideal was just so myopic, so miserable...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 03:45:24 PM »

Pretty much everyone here is giving you terrible advice, because they're assuming that you're just an ordinary person who happens to be a bit thick and extremely lazy. As I think you know yourself, this isn't really the case, is it? All across the world, stupider people than you (Christ: lazier people than you) hold down - right now, as I type, as you read this - the sort of jobs you've been fired from. Your difficulties with the world of work are not primarily caused by character defects.

You have certain issues that need to be - if not dealt with because that would be impossible - managed. You have tourettes, you have (as you have acknowledged) learning difficulties and you almost certainly have something else (six letters, begins with an 'a' ends with an 'm'). None of this is your fault. You need help and you need to accept that there is no shame in seeking it.

Interesting. People do seem to be reacting to this in the way you said the might- I'd gather it is because they too do not want to change.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 10:03:57 PM »

Just got fired. Resumes usual pattern of TV-watching and having family dinners with distant relatives who randomly show up all the time. Way to make those changes to be successful. Give yourself a pat on the back.

I mean seriously... why do we all keep on bothering with this?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 08:39:05 AM »

Whatever happened to Mercy and Phelix?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »

I would never allow a Mormon to step foot in my home. You're a braver man than I, Tweed.

Aren't you supposedly supporting one for President now?

Doesn't mean I would let him step foot in my house, though.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 07:38:22 PM »

People have been saying illness would be good for Bushie's health for ages.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 11:29:09 PM »

Jeff, keep working hard where you're at. You had a rough performance review but have had a number of good days since then, as well. That's what performance reviews are for -- to tell you where you need improvement and to help you get better.

If Jeff was truly as dispensable as everyone is claiming and his boss was really that over him, they'd let him go now. It's a really small company. Even without factoring in a burden rate, equipment costs, management time or potential turnover costs, Jeff will be a $12,960.00 investment for this company over the next 27 business days. Why would they throw that away if he's as useless and doomed as you all assume?

Plus, it doesn't seem like this place has it's sht together at all. When they moved offices, no one had ensured the phone system would be transferred at the same time, meaning Jeff's boss needed to hang back at the old office to answer phones. I wouldn't be surprised if his offer of a week off for a funeral was due to either a) a small, familial atmosphere, or b) a relief in his boss's own management duties -- and I don't mean that because Jeff is a bother, I mean because this guy probably can't manage his way out of a paper bag, and any employee causes him stress.

I can't predict the future, but their continued investment in Jeff would be foolish if he's truly doomed. Don't be blind to the atmosphere around you, Jeff, but don't get distracted from continuing to grow and learn, too. They seem to want to continue investing in you for the time being.

Thank you J-Mann, for calming down our chaotic barnyard of Chicken Littles.  IMO, CADD job lives! 

Lies.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 11:27:32 AM »

Insh'allah!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 09:09:59 AM »

What happened to Wal-Mart?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 10:54:25 PM »

Here is why I rarely listen to the forum.  Most of the forum thinks I can't do anything, or can't do anything significant.  Friends don't think their friends can't do anything.  That's where most of the forum utterly fail.  They never give me a chance and try to discourage me from EVERY friggin job I come across.  Shut up, will ya.

We think that because as far as we know it is true. It certainly hasn't been proven false.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 11:27:10 AM »

A trip to a day spa, J-Mann? Paid for by whom?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 10:15:53 PM »

J-Mann, I am beginning to question your judgement here.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 10:43:11 PM »

JMann, if Bushie movies to Kansas City, could you invent a job for him at your workplace $10/hr in something he won't possibly screw up?

AHAHAHA!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 11:08:35 PM »
« Edited: October 08, 2014, 11:11:06 PM by Governor Varavour »

J-Mann, I am beginning to question your judgement here.

How hard does a person have to break to satisfy you? Profuse apologies in public? An eating disorder? Suicide?

All I'm saying is that his admission of how serious his problems are is a first step toward reality, and if someone's problems weigh on them to the point of emotional breakdown, stepping away to get a clearer head can help.

Jeff's financial and social situations are so dire that, as of this morning, he couldn't even do that. Since that time, he's won a trip to Albuquerque, which he'll probably enjoy much more than a spa trip, anyway.

He has not admitted anything. He instead acts as if he knows everything and we are the dumb people here, that he, a complete and utter failure, is a "smart cookie". He goes back and forth at times, but it's not anything real. He's as self-secure about being his slobbish, lazy, vain, deceitful, dishonest self. I mean look at these recent selections. This isn't a man "breaking", sure he's putting on a little show but after his bible study, a football game or six, a "brief relaxation" with the help of a parentally-paid adult television subscription (he says he's canceled it?... whatever. ), he'll be back telling us as to how WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS GOING THROUGH and that HE BELIEVES IN HIMSELF AND THAT IS ENOUGH and WE SHOULD NEVER QUESTION HIS FAITH! NEVER! I mean just look at it:

I would love a bank teller position.  I have thought about that several times, but get discouraged by the cash-handling experience and the very low pay.

And he deserves a higher pay because....?

I'm usually pretty careful about weeding out the scams on those sites.

HA! NO YOU'RE NOT!

In my job searches, I will definitely be looking for places you suggest.  Now, don't be surprised or upset if I take a customer service job in the mean time just to get some money coming in, but be assured I will keep seeking a better job that will better suit my skill set.

You have no skill set, nor will a customer service job get you any money because you're going to be fired in a month! Why do I say this? Because it's literally happened a dozen times or so!

Here is why I rarely listen to the forum.  Most of the forum thinks I can't do anything, or can't do anything significant.  Friends don't think their friends can't do anything.  That's where most of the forum utterly fail.  They never give me a chance and try to discourage me from EVERY friggin job I come across.  Shut up, will ya.

We think that because as far as we know it is true- you cannot do anything! You either can't, or some part of you makes you decide that you shouldn't be doing it- i.e. Oklahoma NG, that job a few months ago where they were paying you to sit around. It certainly hasn't been proven false!

King, I don't have to convince myself.  I'm a pretty smart cookie and I'm positive I can do this.  If I fail, I fail, but if I succeed that's all the better.

No, you are not by any standard a "smart cookie", or a smart anything. You cannot do this.

500 hours I won't gain, I will agree.  It doesn't mean I can't pass the tests.

You do not have 500 hours of experience and therefore cannot do it, not to mention you're you on top of that. You haven't a clue what this is. You can't do it. I'm sorry-no, I'm not ever sorry when you are concerned- but your "genius" will not allow you to skip four months worth of experience unlike us mere mortals who can't.... arrrgh!

He needs to be hit with sticks, and you can take that as literally or as metaphorically as you so choose, but he should have forfeit any reasonable person's sympathy or desire to help him do anything, long, long before now. I doubt I'd want to employ him even if he paid me. The level of arrogance, of disdain for those "minimum wage workers" he is so much better than because Huh, the constant telling us off...

The man is... argh, I give up, I made this damn post over two years ago, and I'm not doing it again! Nothing has changed. I have to stop because I'm going to take it out on my computer otherwise and attempt to throttle it to death.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies