Sweden election results thread (Sept 14, 2014)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:14:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Sweden election results thread (Sept 14, 2014)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]
Author Topic: Sweden election results thread (Sept 14, 2014)  (Read 30482 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: October 03, 2014, 12:08:01 PM »

Well Sweden has just recognised Palestine
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #301 on: October 03, 2014, 06:04:19 PM »

Oh Shet. They must be planning something horribly right-wing for the economy that they're compensating for.
Gunnar Larsson
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #302 on: October 05, 2014, 02:36:11 PM »

Oh Shet. They must be planning something horribly right-wing for the economy that they're compensating for.

I would say that it is the other way around. With the current makeup of the parliament it is very difficult to do anything useful with the economy (as there is a right-wing majority). With foreign policy it is easier. And, I think this is something that most people support, I think only the liberals and (probably) SD are against.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #303 on: October 09, 2014, 09:06:39 AM »

The usual flurry of cabinet member scandals hit us. I'm increasingly suspecting that we'll see the government fall, new elections and then some type of new constellation.
Mogrovejo
Rookie
« Reply #304 on: October 09, 2014, 03:04:38 PM »

Just out of curiosity, was the Riksbank monetary policy an issue in these elections from the perspective of average voter? Has it been one in the aftermath? Is the new government going forward with the plan to change the mandate?

I think the Riksbank policy in the last few years played a major role in these elections outcome (arguably decisive).
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #305 on: October 10, 2014, 05:52:37 AM »

Just out of curiosity, was the Riksbank monetary policy an issue in these elections from the perspective of average voter? Has it been one in the aftermath? Is the new government going forward with the plan to change the mandate?

I think the Riksbank policy in the last few years played a major role in these elections outcome (arguably decisive).

1) No    2) No   3) I don't know, but probably not.

Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #306 on: December 02, 2014, 01:39:33 PM »

Swedish government teeters as far-right party says will block budget

Sweden's far-right party said on Tuesday it would back the centre-right opposition and block a budget bill, putting the center-left minority government's future in doubt.

Prime Minister Stefan Lofven has said he could resign if parliament does not approve the budget which it is due to vote on Wednesday, although he could also look to rework the tax and spending plan to win support from the centre-right.

Lofven was due to hold a news conference later on Tuesday.

The anti-immigration Sweden Democrats, which announced it would vote against the budget, is shunned by all the other parties but has held the balance of power since a September election produced a minority Social Democrat-Green coalition that is the weakest government in decades.

Lofven could send the budget back to committee for amendments to win backing from the centre-right.

He could also resign and try to build a new government with enough backing to pass a budget. However, the four centre-right parties rebuffed Lofven's post-election overtures.

All the parties have ruled out working with the Sweden Democrats.

A last resort would be to call a snap election - something that has not happened since 1958 - risking a period of political and market uncertainty.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/02/us-sweden-government-idUSKCN0JG1OV20141202
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #307 on: December 02, 2014, 01:41:51 PM »

That is alreading being discussed in the Sweden thread on the IG board, no need to bump the election thread.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies