Post Dissolution Elections: February 2013
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:25:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Post Dissolution Elections: February 2013
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would have received your first preference in this re-do of the February 2013 Presidential Election?
Marokai Blue (Labor) / Duke (The People's Party)

Kalwejt (Independent) / Wolfentoad (Liberal)

Cathcon (Federalist) / Spamage (Federalist)

Winfield (Social Credit) / Simfan34 (Social Credit)

Keystone Phil (Fratelli d'Atlasia) / Tmthforu94 (Federalist)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Post Dissolution Elections: February 2013  (Read 1661 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 14, 2014, 02:44:19 PM »

4th part of the series.

2 days.

An apology in advance for last minute write-ins who won't be included in these polls; we're looking for a clearer view of what happened in these elections, and to include too many options would clutter them up.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »

This is the first election in which, given how the Presidency of the actual victor turned out, I regret my vote and would have changed it. If I could do it again, I would vote for Cathcon.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 03:22:15 PM »

Cathcon, duh.

My first vote where I was actually not a zombie.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 07:27:34 PM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 03:07:33 PM »

Marokai and myself
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »

I suppose I'll put myself out of the question for a hypothetical.

Cathcon's career prior to running was that of a regional assemblyman and failed Secretary of External Affairs. Spamage was one of the least active Senators ever. We also basically have him to thank for Wolfentoad.

Kalwejt was basically running only on a whim because there wasn't much competition, and his running mate was Wolfentoad.

Phil was basically running the same campaign he always does. Tmth seemed like he only joined the ticket as a lark.

Removing myself from the situation I suppose would've voted for Winfield/Simfan (I think I second preferenced them back then, too?); they were respectful, interested, and were genuinely trying. I appreciated their earnestness.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »

Marokai, duh.

Electing anybody but Marokai in February 2013 of all the choices would have plunged this god-forsaken game into the ground given all the strong personalities exerting influence across the country at the time. Cathcon/Spamage was the only ticket that would have had some organized backing, but as I recall, it was a rather joke campaign on that ticket's part by the time the election really was in full swing (with spamage being MIA I think).

All of the other weak, joke tickets in the Feb 2013 race had no strong backing or base, and would have been ripped to shreds after a month in office (which granted, isn't so different than what happens to almost every President after election) by the maelstrom of Griffin, Hagrid, Napoleon, Wolfentoad and Tmth (all my friends are now gone Sad).
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 05:45:05 PM »

I remember Marokai asking me why I didn't vote for him. This leads me to believe I voted for Kalwejt and Wolfentoad. At the time I was just beginning the game, so I didn't know of Wolfentoad...history...so to say. Kalwejt was big on the "What If" board so it was easy to vote for him.

Cathcon I always liked as well.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 05:49:03 PM »

[1] Marokai, and would again.

He's one of about two or three people here who I really wouldn't want to be in an argument against, he helped get me started, he's a very smart guy, and folks, it ain't easy being President. Tongue
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 08:22:06 PM »

The biggest what-if about this election was the hypothetical Tmth/Scott candidacy. That would have really shaken things up, and quite likely led to MarDuke's defeat.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »

The biggest what-if about this election was the hypothetical Tmth/Scott candidacy. That would have really shaken things up, and quite likely led to MarDuke's defeat.

Man, that was fun!

THE ATLASIAN LABORINTH

We Decide, We Report

Volume A, Issue G                                              Price: Your Fair Share

BLURRING THE LINES

It has come to the attention of The Atlasian Laborinth that a most unholy alliance is currently in formation. Sources of Labor embedded deeply within both the Liberal and Federalist Parties inform us that the parties have made the decision to back a presidential ticket in February consisting of Governor Tmth4foru of the Mideast (FED) and Governor Scott of the Northeast (LIB). Many of us here at The Atlasian Laborinth were left scratching our heads in bewilderment at the idea of how two very ideologically-different parties could come to such a conclusion – particularly before consulting their electorates at-large.

The only logical reason for such an action has been deemed by The Atlasian Laborinth to be a simple power-grab. One party – fresh off the merger of two more-similar factions – seems hellbent on selling out its ideology in an attempt to consolidate even more power. Another party appears to be ambiguous in its intent, continuing a long trend.

One citizen and member of the Liberal Party told The Atlasian Laborinth that they were not happy about these developments, saying “What is the point of parties if you do something like that? I feel that we won't stand for anything with a ticket like that”. Others unaffiliated with either party expressed similar concerns. We expect that – if these reports hold true – there will be a number of defections in the coming days as people with ideological convictions seek refugee status with other political movements.

=====================================================================

Another developing story revolves around the disintegration of democracy that has recently occurred in the Midwest. An election for Regional Kommissær and Wisard Ekstraordinar was supposed to be held December 13 but there has not been a voting booth opened as of yet. Labor's own MaxQue has announced his intent to seek the office of Regional Kommissær and The Atlasian Laborinth wishes him well in his campaign. It is the opinion of this publication that an election be scheduled immediately.

THE ATLASIAN LABORINTH

We Decide, We Report

Volume A, Issue H                                              Price: Your Fair Share

UNBLURRING THE LINES

Sources close to The Atlasian Laborinth are now reporting that Mideast Governor Tmth4foru will shortly be announcing that he plans to NOT seek the nomination for President in February with Northeast Governor Scott. It comes as no surprise, as a growing coalition of voters voiced concerns over such a merger from the start.

While it was blatantly clear earlier in the day that the pair were running for office - evidenced by their blatant refusal to confirm or deny the rumors - such shifts within the party structures must have led to a reversal of the previous decision. Stay tuned for any and all updates that may arise in the future about this subject, as who knows how many more times they'll change their minds.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 09:53:19 PM »

I vote for me.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 08:36:11 PM »

In this election, Cathcon/Spamage would have won the first round, but due to a poor performance in lower preferences, would have been eventually defeated by Marokai/Duke for the presidency.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 12:40:48 PM »

In this election, Cathcon/Spamage would have won the first round, but due to a poor performance in lower preferences, would have been eventually defeated by Marokai/Duke for the presidency.

How can you tell that?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies