Why the Clinton hype? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:07:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why the Clinton hype? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the Clinton hype?  (Read 2679 times)
GOON
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 7.17

« on: September 14, 2014, 08:50:14 PM »

They think she's Bill.
GOON
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 10:56:36 PM »

The obvious sexism around here is getting disgusting.

....And it begins.
GOON
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 11:45:46 AM »

Wicked witch of the White House = No thanks.

That may seem funny to you but to many calling her a witch is sexist.

Oh.  My.  God.
GOON
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 09:59:12 PM »

I have a better question,what's with the Rand Paul hype?

That's the guy who seems to have a messianic complex if anyone.

Hey, if anything, that's the same complex that Obama had.  That didn't stop him from becoming President.

Anyway, Rand represents a radical shift from the failed status quo, whether the topic at hand is civil liberties and/or foreign policy  Many people have represented this to an extent, but he's the only one who stands a legitimate shot at winning the entire game. 
GOON
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 10:02:25 PM »

Hey, if anything, that's the same complex that Obama had.  That didn't stop him from becoming President.

Anyway, Rand represents a radical shift from the failed status quo, whether the topic at hand is civil liberties and/or foreign policy  Many people have represented this to an extent, but he's the only one who stands a legitimate shot at winning the entire game. 

Only in your mind.

Reality begs to differ.
GOON
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 11:42:02 PM »

Only in your mind.

Reality begs to differ.

Nah brah. Libertarianism has an appeal to Millenial conservatives, but let's be real here: the people who actually vote in the primaries are the same old white Boomers who love their precious Social Security, Medicare, bloated military-industrial complex, and drug and property laws that are enforced primarily against poor brown and black people. In 2012, the (Ron) Paultards would always scream "CONSPIRACY!!!!!" when he failed to win really anything, but the truth is the base of the GOP is still people above the age of 40 who listen to traditional talk show radio. They won't hear anything of Paul until the debates, at which time his views on the programs they fiercely defend will be his demise.

Though I really can't wait for our generation to take over and finally shift the direction of the GOP, Paul is not getting the nomination in 2016, let alone the general election.

I wouldn't go THAT far.  Unlike Ron, Rand has been pandering his message towards those who actually vote in the primaries.  Although I love him, Ron never catered his message past his niche base.  There is a reason why Rand is leading and/or close to leading in most GOP polls unless they're all coincidentally just sampling a majority of millennial conservatives.  Unlike Ron, his appeal extends past that base. 

Plus, Rand gets favorable coverage from mainstream right-wing hosts like Hannity.  Will that change come primary season?  Perhaps, but it might be too late to change the minds of those who are fed-up.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies