Gay Marriage- a general discussion.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:55:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Gay Marriage- a general discussion.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
Author Topic: Gay Marriage- a general discussion.  (Read 71883 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: June 29, 2004, 03:54:56 PM »
« edited: June 29, 2004, 03:55:16 PM by John Dibble »

Brambila,

1. Homosexuality and paedophilia are NOT, I repeat, NOT the same. I've read a good study on this(can't find it now, but I'll see if I can find it later for you), and the findings were thus - About half of all child molestations are done by paedophiles, and the other half was not done by what would be classified as truly paedophile. The true paedophile half was attracted to children of both sexes(yes, possibly preferring one or the other, but they could have been caught in an instance with either sex regardless of preference) and had little or no attraction to adults. The other half was actually more attracted to adults than children, and usually resulted to child molestation out of sexual molestation(not an excuse by any means, but think of it like this: Prison inmates may engage in same-sex rape of other inmates, but they actually prefer women in most cases and some[particularly convicted rapists] are sent back to prison for raping another woman), and in these cases usually the opposite sex was preferred. The difference should be clear - Homosexuals are attracted to the same sex(often those of their own age group, which is what I've seen most often) and paedophiles are attracted to children. Stop linking the two, regardless of what paedophiles prefer.

2. The one from The Gay Report about 73% of homosexual men having had sex with with boys 16-19 years old(19 by the way is not a child, you are recognized as a full grown adult by law, about the only thing you can't legally do at 18 is drink). Does this statistic include or disinclude the time periods when these men were that age? If they had sexual relations with boys of their own age, should that really be included? If indeed these encounters were included, then the statistic is making a false implication. For instance, if a man had sex with a female partner, both age 16, provided a truthful answer he would say he had had sex with a 16 year old no matter what age he was asked at.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #351 on: June 29, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »

What a sad day. One day I won't have to come on here and defend my right to live a decent life. The UK isn't perfect, but it doing the right thing. We even had a well known and well loved, openly gay childrens TV presenter. I'll never understand why Americans get so worked up about all this. And you wonder why Europeans are growing tired of you. The vast majority of homophobes, from my own experience, are that way to detract attention from their own failings. The people who talk about gays violating the 'sanctity of marriage' are the same people who have probably been divorced more times than Henry VIII.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #352 on: June 29, 2004, 06:22:54 PM »

What a sad day. One day I won't have to come on here and defend my right to live a decent life. The UK isn't perfect, but it doing the right thing. We even had a well known and well loved, openly gay childrens TV presenter. I'll never understand why Americans get so worked up about all this. And you wonder why Europeans are growing tired of you. The vast majority of homophobes, from my own experience, are that way to detract attention from their own failings. The people who talk about gays violating the 'sanctity of marriage' are the same people who have probably been divorced more times than Henry VIII.

Well that is why we are americans and you are not
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #353 on: April 09, 2005, 08:25:38 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2005, 06:48:42 PM by RED NJ AVATAR »

I don't know about Atlanta (that site seems pretty sex-oriented); it may be an exception, but the point is that homosexual regions are predominantly like this. This, however, is a small dab in the big painting. Homosexuals as I've shown have enourmous amounts of promiscuity. Homosexuality is not normal.

One aspect of homosexuality is the fact that they cannot control their sexuality. Again, AP Bell and MS Weinburg reported that 25% of homosexual white men had sex with children sixteen or under. One study stated "The best epidemiological evidence indicates that only 2 to 4% of men attracted to adults prefer men; in contrast, around 25 to 40% of men attracted to children prefer boys. Thus, the rate of homosexual attraction is 6 to 20 times higher among pedophiles."  (Archives of Sexual Behavior, "Fraternal Birth Order and Sexual Orientation in Pedophiles"). Another study done by Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy showed that homosexual men are three times more likely to molest children than heterosexual men. A gay magazine, The Gay Report, found that 73% of homosexuals had at sometime had sex with children sixteen to nineteen or younger.

I suppose I could keep throwing statistics, but it's not going to change anyone's minds.

There is a relatively simple explanation to this. A lot of these gays were closeted as children/teens and so were sexually unable to .......experience everything.......normally....... at that age. They are still in a way living their childhood.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #354 on: April 09, 2005, 08:27:34 PM »

I don't know about Atlanta (that site seems pretty sex-oriented); it may be an exception, but the point is that homosexual regions are predominantly like this. This, however, is a small dab in the big painting. Homosexuals as I've shown have enourmous amounts of promiscuity. Homosexuality is not normal.

One aspect of homosexuality is the fact that they cannot control their sexuality. Again, AP Bell and MS Weinburg reported that 25% of homosexual white men had sex with children sixteen or under. One study stated "The best epidemiological evidence indicates that only 2 to 4% of men attracted to adults prefer men; in contrast, around 25 to 40% of men attracted to children prefer boys. Thus, the rate of homosexual attraction is 6 to 20 times higher among pedophiles."  (Archives of Sexual Behavior, "Fraternal Birth Order and Sexual Orientation in Pedophiles"). Another study done by Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy showed that homosexual men are three times more likely to molest children than heterosexual men. A gay magazine, The Gay Report, found that 73% of homosexuals had at sometime had sex with children sixteen to nineteen or younger.

I suppose I could keep throwing statistics, but it's not going to change anyone's minds.

There is a really relatively simple explanation to this. A lot of these gays were closeted as children/teens and so were sexually unable to .......experience everything.......normally....... at that age. They are still in a way living their childhood.

That doesn't make it right, or mean that it's not a problem.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #355 on: April 09, 2005, 08:46:51 PM »

Gay marriage reminds me of opebo.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #356 on: April 09, 2005, 08:53:22 PM »

Gay marriage reminds me of opebo.

Ok, I have to know how anything having to do with monogamy could remind you of opebo.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #357 on: April 09, 2005, 08:54:15 PM »

That's not the part that reminds me opebo. Not that gay marriage is necessarily monogamous.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #358 on: April 09, 2005, 08:58:40 PM »

That's not the part that reminds me opebo. Not that gay marriage is necessarily monogamous.

Well, marriage itself isn't necessarily monogamous, but typically it is. Still, I'm wondering how exactly the two are related.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #359 on: April 09, 2005, 09:00:02 PM »

There is a really relatively simple explanation to this. A lot of these gays were closeted as children/teens and so were sexually unable to .......experience everything.......normally....... at that age. They are still in a way living their childhood.

That seems a bit speculative.

It seems more likely to me that pedophilia towards little boys is a different instinct than homosexual attraction to grown men, though both technically involve sex with other males so it is easy to lump them together to make a point like Brambila did.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #360 on: April 09, 2005, 09:55:01 PM »

It seems more likely to me that pedophilia towards little boys is a different instinct than homosexual attraction to grown men, though both technically involve sex with other males so it is easy to lump them together to make a point like Brambila did.

From what I've read, that is the case.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #361 on: April 10, 2005, 10:40:50 AM »

From my research and reading, I would say the most sensible way to classify sexual tendencies would be as follows: Pedophilia is something totally different than homosexuality, ephebophilia involves a homosexual tendency with a pathological aspect, and sexual attraction towards adults could be described as a mature and developed homosexual tendency.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #362 on: April 10, 2005, 01:15:37 PM »

Whatever happened to that hate-monger Brambilla?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies