Lumine & SJoyce - A New Course for Atlasia (Victory!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:56:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lumine & SJoyce - A New Course for Atlasia (Victory!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Lumine & SJoyce - A New Course for Atlasia (Victory!)  (Read 5973 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2014, 04:51:05 PM »

Government Reform: Game Renewal:

1.- The Cabinet:

It has been said that the hardest challenge for a President is to put together a cabinet, and I want to take chance to change the way the cabinet works and push for some innovation here. I believe one of the reasons for the positions to be so unappealing is that they involve too much responsibilities that make it hard to know where to start. I seek a two phase plan that involves a early experiment with the cabinet through the first half of the term and a potential constitutional amendment in the second half depending on the results.

The current system, I feel, focuses too much on reducing the number of portfolios without any regard for how complex the tasks are, which is traduced on SoIA having… (drum roll) eleven departments. Phase One involves an expansion of the cabinet to split up the tasks, delegate, and make the jobs easier. It involves a huge risk since with a greater number of offices it might hard to fill them, hence why this is experimental and not a fully official amendment. To elaborate on the positions and my thoughts on them:

-Secretary of Internal Affairs (Renamed as "Interior and Treasury"): Essentially, focused on “problem-solving” in several domestic issues and especially in implementing the administration's agenda in a very active way, along with coordinating with the Regional Executives when possible.

-Deputy Secretary for Energy, Technology and Environment: To make the SoIA’s job easier and put emphasis on our commitment to reform in these respective fields,, this position will be in charge of overseeing the environmental proposals, create long term plans for energy and research and start the planned expansion of the space program.

-Secretary of External Affairs (Renamed as "State"): There's a lot to do on this area, so the SoEA will focus on his role as the nation's top Diplomat, travelling around the world to meet with foreign leaders and lead the efforts to solve the various crises ahead (the Ebola virus, ISIS, Ukraine, etc.)

-Deputy SoEA for Defense: He will gain the powers of the Defense Department, CIA and NSA, and he will focus on reforming the army and focus on its modernization, along with the potential reform of the intelligence sector of Atlasia.

-Ambassador At-Large: As of now I envision three key objectives: First, to pursue the dissolution of the GTO, second, to implement NATO reform and create an Asian-Pacific version of NATO, and third, to initiate efforts for reform of the Security Council of the UN.

-Attorney General: More than just merely reacting to cases, I want the AG very involved with the job of the administration, and so far I envision several areas for him to act, including the need to fight cyberterrorism, the recent surge in terrorist organizations and so forth.

-Deputy Attorney General: Not many changes here, I have envisioned the position as a "Wiki Secretary" that will help with the necessary updates.

Granted, they are many positions and most likely it will be impossible to find enough people interested in all of them, but I feel the experiment is worth a try and in the worst case scenario it will help us to realize the limits of activity in the Executive branch and the cabinet itself. I believe the Registrar General and the Secretary of Federal Elections are currently working in an excellent way, so no changes there. While the GM position does need reform, Dr. Cynic’s recent efforts in the Senate and SirNick’s proposals seem very interesting and I approve of them, so as of I now I want to see what happens over the next weeks before committing to an official road regarding the GM.

Now, should the experiment work, I would consider pushing for an amendment that could be based on ideas like:

-Moving CIA and NSA into the Attorney General.
-Rename SoEA into “State”. Specify the use of ambassadors and special envoys. Creating a Defense Secretary is also possible.
-Divide SoIA into “Treasury” (focused on handling the economy and perhaps providing economic data if necessary) and “Interior” (focused on domestic policy).
-Optional: Make it possible for the cabinet members to hire deputies to handle some of the departments and responsibilities.

2.- The Voting System / Elections:

Things have been a bit quiet on this front, especially after the failure of the bicameralism proposal. We have kept the same system for elections for several years, and while it has worked so far it can perfectly be argued that a new system or a return to old proposals might create a better one, or one suited to the moment.

Secret Balloting: The idea has been proposed several times and this campaign embraces it as an idea with a lot of potential to improve the way the game works and make elections far more exiting, eliminating most of the negative consequences of "strategic voting". However, I would be lying if I said that I have found a perfect solution to this, so if elected I will form a "Presidential Commission for Secret Balloting" formed by elder statesmen of Atlasia in order to discuss and come up with a concrete proposal.

An end to At-Large Senate elections: At this stage many have complained about the At-Large elections and how they make the game a bit stale by having predictable outcomes most of the time (although the past one had a good number of surprises). I feel it's time to seek a replacement of the At-Large method, and one of the proposals that seem to have a lot of merit is a return to District races like the early days of Atlasia.

3.- State of the Union/Constitutional Reform:

State of the Union: As many of you know, I have always supported having politicians speak to an address the voters in order to explain their proposals, so we can increase transparency in government. The State of the Union speech is no exception, and I introduced a bill that would have made them mandatory and monthly. Alas, the general consensus in the Senate was that such a proposal was unenforceable, and so it was dropped. While I will not be pursuing an amendment here I plan to make full use of the State of the Union and I plan to deliver at least once per month, in order to explain the agenda for said month, the progress made so far and overall the message the administration wants to send to all Atlasians.

Constitutional Review: It's no mistake that our Constitution faces major trouble. Through the past months we have seen many examples of the ambiguity that the Constitution contains, and I have myself tried to correct some of them (mainly with my War Powers amendment, which sadly failed to pass the regions). Overall, a Lumine/SJoyce administration will seek to review and then address most of this contention points and amend the Constitution so we can improve the way the game works and avoid the usual lawsuits. I would advise President Marokai to do a bit more of research, since I indeed signed the petition for a new Constitution in May 2014. I feel we need changes here because the Constitution is clearly not doing a good job in some aspects, but as my opponent pointed out this doesn't depend on the President. Thus, instead of merely waiting for enough signatures to appear, we pledge to get to work and start correcting the major weaknesses with the Senate through Constitutional Amendments as soon as possible.

4.- Consolidation, Bicameralism and the overall theme of Game Reform:

When I ran for President in October 2013 I was an enthusiast of Game Reform, and I pledged to fight for consolidation of the regions because at the time I believed it was a good idea despite major weaknesses. Yet, the debate soon turned into the proposal of merging the Midwest and the Pacific (which I have always opposed) and the proposal itself was defeated by the public. I was even more supportive of Bicameralism, as I saw a chance for invigorating the game, but said proposal was defeated once again. I say this without a doubt: I have no plans to pursue consolidation of the regions when it's clear that a majority of Atlasians is opposed to it, so a Lumine/SJoyce administration will indeed not focus on that particular issue. Overall, what we want is to shift the debate on Game Reform into making reforms that are more swift and easier to achieve, considering all the focus has been on bicameralism and consolidation and both, for better or worse, were rejected by the public. There are more than one or two days of improving this game, and surely there are many other proposals out there that could really help this game improve.

I have already talked at length about the role of the Presidency, but this serves to put emphasis on the fact that an active administration can do a lot of good for Atlasia. It won't be easy, it most certainly will be something full of stress, but I do have the confidence that it can be achieved. The commitment and the proposals are there, and it's worth a try. As always, this ticket is open to questions and happy to receive feedback. The Conventions are coming soon and we are going through a terrible moment right now thanks to the disaster in the White House, so I plan to make a statement/speech on that very soon. Thank you very much.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2014, 11:38:47 PM »

Statement on the Terror Attacks:

The past day has certainly been a frightful one for many. We and our allies faced open attacks and saw terrible losses, including hundreds of deaths in the utterly despicable attack in Germany, the beheading of one of our soldiers in the Middle East and the attack on our very own President in the White House. There are no words to describe the mix of outrage and horror that many have faced, a horror that has been translated into a downturn in the stock market and concerns about the role of politicians.  

Without enough information I feel it's irresponsible to place any kind of blame or talk about the course to follow, but I want to express my formal and sincere condolences to all the victims (and their families) of these senseless attacks, and I sincerely hope that those who are responsible will be caught and brought to justice as soon as possible. Horrible as this day has been for this nation, I want to assure you that the politicians of this nation are not standing idly or ignoring such a crisis, for we have already seen the swift and efficient reactions of Senator Cynic and Governor Talleyrand, and I am confident that more will come as soon as more information is released.  

I personally want to encourage Atlasians not to lose faith and not to give in to fear, for I am sure our country will do everything that's necessary to deal with this crisis. One way or another, Nyman will continue to work, the economy will remain strong, and the resolve that has characterized our people for so many years will not be broken by acts of terror. We are a strong nation, and I know very well that will be able to overcome the crisis and the challenges that fate bring to us.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2014, 11:58:25 PM »

"Thursday Night Massacre" (Speech)Sad

October 3rd, 2014:
Right in the middle of the controversy over the dismissal of Game Moderator SirNick, Senator Lumine joined other prominent Atlasians in the criticism of the actions of the President, speaking at length about the situation and pledging his support for SirNick.

My fellow Atlasians,

Tonight we have witnessed a series of events that have shocked Atlasia and have brought widespread condemnation of the actions of the President of Atlasia. In an event already dubbed “Thursday Night Massacre”, we have seen the dismissal of an active and capable Game Moderator on purely personal motives, just because he was doing his job; a job that was not recognized by the White House as lawful even it's clearly stated it should be. I wish to join Former Presidents Polnut, Cynic and Marokai in expressing my clear disapproval of this action, and I wish to state as well that SirNick has my full support on this. 

I deeply believe SirNick is the right man for the position, and as far as I'm concerned I recognize his recent work as a series of real and very plausible events, unlike past controversies regarding the office of the Game Moderator. I hope the rest of Atlasia will continue to acknowledge the reality brought by these events. I also hope that the President sees the error on his handling of this situation, although the dismissal of SirNick is, sadly, already a legal reality, and as a Senator I join my colleagues on stating that the Senate has to consider what is to be done, because we as a collective body have a responsibility to help the game work in a better way.

There are other things that must be said as well. One event after another, we have seen again and again a lack of judgment on many issues and many events and to be frank this is not what Atlasia voted for in June of 2014 and it's certainly not what was promised to the voters. To be frank, when 90% or so of Atlasia makes it clear that we are going through the wrong road and seeing the wrong decisions coming from the White House, I believe the accusations of supposed conspiracies and plots are something that lack credibility of any kind. We have the financial market on a crisis and several Atlasians dead over the past events, and yet it seems the inevitable response will end up being: “Crisis? What Crisis?”. But as we have seen so far political figures of all sides and all parties have moved against this abuse, and beyond party politics I am confident that all of us will do our best to help our nation recover from these terrible days.

Thank you very much,

Lumine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2014, 10:29:58 PM »

Back on the Campaign Trail:

Good night, my fellow Atlasians,

With such a difficult time for so many people it seemed awfully improper to continue to campaign, which is why I conducted all affairs and statements from my Senate office. Now, with President Cranberry leading a stable administration and Attorney General Bacon King prosecuting the rebel leaders, things are bound to improve a lot, hence why I have decided to return to the campaign trail and continue to tour Atlasia while administering the Senate. The election will come in two weeks from now on, and it's bound to be an interesting affair, one that might be a lot closer and more exiting that some people think. On that regard, I never had the chance of thanking SirNick for his endorsement shortly before the resignation of DemPGH, so I want to thank him for his words and his support.

The crisis that we faced shows that indeed we have things that are not working in Atlasia, and we need to improve the game in several areas, just as we need to make sure that such a situation cannot happen again. I have meditated a lot and I have gone through several phases (ranging from sadness to exasperation to enthusiasm), and overall it's very clear that the next administration, whether is led by Marokai or me, will have a lot to do in order to fix the disaster of the past few months. In terms of specifics, this encourages me to put further consideration on my plan to make some reforms to the Constitution, and I believe a key idea is (as one of my friends proposed) guaranteeing effective leadership in the event of a succession crisis. We are going to need improved mechanisms, and we might even have to pursue a reform to prevent the cabinet from being vacant at a time of crisis.

On a personal level, I think this crisis has showed that I care a lot about the future of the game, not from the point of view of mere gameplay, but because I don't want to see it weakened and in decadence. Admittedly, the recent proposal regarding Senator Deus in the Senate is an unpopular one and is bound to cost me a lot of support, and I know some people might feel very disappointed on that (and others have already used the chance to demonize me once again). Naturally, I felt my actions were born out of a genuine desire to contribute to solving this crisis and prove that our actions have consequences, not because I wanted to censure political views (as some have implied). Heroics aside, I make mistakes from time to time, and if my views or my approach were indeed wrong regarding this issue I'll be glad to take responsibility for my actions. In the meantime, I will continue to tour the nation, I will resume work on my platform, and hopefully we will be able to see a debate as well before the election begins.

Lumine.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2014, 10:46:54 PM »

I'm disappointed you went as far to try the expulsion tactic for Senator Deus, but nevertheless, I continue to fully support your campaign.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2014, 05:11:59 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2014, 08:06:31 PM by President-Elect Lumine »

I'm disappointed you went as far to try the expulsion tactic for Senator Deus, but nevertheless, I continue to fully support your campaign.

Thank you Maxwell, I'm really glad to still count on your support.

GAworth
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2014, 07:29:58 PM »

Government Reform: Game Renewal:

1.- The Cabinet:

It has been said that the hardest challenge for a President is to put together a cabinet, and I want to take chance to change the way the cabinet works and push for some innovation here. I believe one of the reasons for the positions to be so unappealing is that they involve too much responsibilities that make it hard to know where to start. I seek a two phase plan that involves a early experiment with the cabinet through the first half of the term and a potential constitutional amendment in the second half depending on the results.

The current system, I feel, focuses too much on reducing the number of portfolios without any regard for how complex the tasks are, which is traduced on SoIA having… (drum roll) eleven departments. Phase One involves an expansion of the cabinet to split up the tasks, delegate, and make the jobs easier. It involves a huge risk since with a greater number of offices it might hard to fill them, hence why this is experimental and not a fully official amendment. To elaborate on the positions and my thoughts on them:

-Secretary of Internal Affairs (Renamed as "Interior and Treasury"): Essentially, focused on “problem-solving” in several domestic issues and especially in implementing the administration's agenda in a very active way, along with coordinating with the Regional Executives when possible.

-Deputy Secretary for Energy, Technology and Environment: To make the SoIA’s job easier and put emphasis on our commitment to reform in these respective fields,, this position will be in charge of overseeing the environmental proposals, create long term plans for energy and research and start the planned expansion of the space program.

-Secretary of External Affairs (Renamed as "State"): There's a lot to do on this area, so the SoEA will focus on his role as the nation's top Diplomat, travelling around the world to meet with foreign leaders and lead the efforts to solve the various crises ahead (the Ebola virus, ISIS, Ukraine, etc.)

-Deputy SoEA for Defense: He will gain the powers of the Defense Department, CIA and NSA, and he will focus on reforming the army and focus on its modernization, along with the potential reform of the intelligence sector of Atlasia.

-Ambassador At-Large: As of now I envision three key objectives: First, to pursue the dissolution of the GTO, second, to implement NATO reform and create an Asian-Pacific version of NATO, and third, to initiate efforts for reform of the Security Council of the UN.

-Attorney General: More than just merely reacting to cases, I want the AG very involved with the job of the administration, and so far I envision several areas for him to act, including the need to fight cyberterrorism, the recent surge in terrorist organizations and so forth.

-Deputy Attorney General: Not many changes here, I have envisioned the position as a "Wiki Secretary" that will help with the necessary updates.

Granted, they are many positions and most likely it will be impossible to find enough people interested in all of them, but I feel the experiment is worth a try and in the worst case scenario it will help us to realize the limits of activity in the Executive branch and the cabinet itself. I believe the Registrar General and the Secretary of Federal Elections are currently working in an excellent way, so no changes there. While the GM position does need reform, Dr. Cynic’s recent efforts in the Senate and SirNick’s proposals seem very interesting and I approve of them, so as of I now I want to see what happens over the next weeks before committing to an official road regarding the GM.

Now, should the experiment work, I would consider pushing for an amendment that could be based on ideas like:

-Moving CIA and NSA into the Attorney General.
-Rename SoEA into “State”. Specify the use of ambassadors and special envoys. Creating a Defense Secretary is also possible.
-Divide SoIA into “Treasury” (focused on handling the economy and perhaps providing economic data if necessary) and “Interior” (focused on domestic policy).
-Optional: Make it possible for the cabinet members to hire deputies to handle some of the departments and responsibilities.

2.- The Voting System / Elections:

Things have been a bit quiet on this front, especially after the failure of the bicameralism proposal. We have kept the same system for elections for several years, and while it has worked so far it can perfectly be argued that a new system or a return to old proposals might create a better one, or one suited to the moment.

Secret Balloting: The idea has been proposed several times and this campaign embraces it as an idea with a lot of potential to improve the way the game works and make elections far more exiting, eliminating most of the negative consequences of "strategic voting". However, I would be lying if I said that I have found a perfect solution to this, so if elected I will form a "Presidential Commission for Secret Balloting" formed by elder statesmen of Atlasia in order to discuss and come up with a concrete proposal.

An end to At-Large Senate elections: At this stage many have complained about the At-Large elections and how they make the game a bit stale by having predictable outcomes most of the time (although the past one had a good number of surprises). I feel it's time to seek a replacement of the At-Large method, and one of the proposals that seem to have a lot of merit is a return to District races like the early days of Atlasia.

3.- State of the Union/Constitutional Reform:

State of the Union: As many of you know, I have always supported having politicians speak to an address the voters in order to explain their proposals, so we can increase transparency in government. The State of the Union speech is no exception, and I introduced a bill that would have made them mandatory and monthly. Alas, the general consensus in the Senate was that such a proposal was unenforceable, and so it was dropped. While I will not be pursuing an amendment here I plan to make full use of the State of the Union and I plan to deliver at least once per month, in order to explain the agenda for said month, the progress made so far and overall the message the administration wants to send to all Atlasians.

Constitutional Review: It's no mistake that our Constitution faces major trouble. Through the past months we have seen many examples of the ambiguity that the Constitution contains, and I have myself tried to correct some of them (mainly with my War Powers amendment, which sadly failed to pass the regions). Overall, a Lumine/SJoyce administration will seek to review and then address most of this contention points and amend the Constitution so we can improve the way the game works and avoid the usual lawsuits. I would advise President Marokai to do a bit more of research, since I indeed signed the petition for a new Constitution in May 2014. I feel we need changes here because the Constitution is clearly not doing a good job in some aspects, but as my opponent pointed out this doesn't depend on the President. Thus, instead of merely waiting for enough signatures to appear, we pledge to get to work and start correcting the major weaknesses with the Senate through Constitutional Amendments as soon as possible.

4.- Consolidation, Bicameralism and the overall theme of Game Reform:

When I ran for President in October 2013 I was an enthusiast of Game Reform, and I pledged to fight for consolidation of the regions because at the time I believed it was a good idea despite major weaknesses. Yet, the debate soon turned into the proposal of merging the Midwest and the Pacific (which I have always opposed) and the proposal itself was defeated by the public. I was even more supportive of Bicameralism, as I saw a chance for invigorating the game, but said proposal was defeated once again. I say this without a doubt: I have no plans to pursue consolidation of the regions when it's clear that a majority of Atlasians is opposed to it, so a Lumine/SJoyce administration will indeed not focus on that particular issue. Overall, what we want is to shift the debate on Game Reform into making reforms that are more swift and easier to achieve, considering all the focus has been on bicameralism and consolidation and both, for better or worse, were rejected by the public. There are more than one or two days of improving this game, and surely there are many other proposals out there that could really help this game improve.

I have already talked at length about the role of the Presidency, but this serves to put emphasis on the fact that an active administration can do a lot of good for Atlasia. It won't be easy, it most certainly will be something full of stress, but I do have the confidence that it can be achieved. The commitment and the proposals are there, and it's worth a try. As always, this ticket is open to questions and happy to receive feedback. The Conventions are coming soon and we are going through a terrible moment right now thanks to the disaster in the White House, so I plan to make a statement/speech on that very soon. Thank you very much.

I honestly think the Cabinet re-do is fantastic. Although I have not decided who to support, you are my preferred candidate so far.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2014, 07:44:42 PM »

I honestly think the Cabinet re-do is fantastic. Although I have not decided who to support, you are my preferred candidate so far.

Thanks, GAworth! This is one of the ideas I'm most enthusiastic about (and I really look forward to see the results if elected), as things stand I think it's a great way to make the cabinet more attractive for people while also helping to make the job easier for those working in the administration.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2014, 07:46:57 PM »

Thanks, GAworth! This is one of the ideas I'm most enthusiastic about (and I really look forward to see the results if elected), as things stand I think it's a great way to make the cabinet more attractive for people while also helping to make the job easier for those working in the administration.
I certainly support the Split of the Secretary of Internal Affairs. As a previous SoIA, I wanted to largely be what you have carved out as the Deputy Secretary. Really it is two different hats for that job.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2014, 07:54:31 PM »

I certainly support the Split of the Secretary of Internal Affairs. As a previous SoIA, I wanted to largely be what you have carved out as the Deputy Secretary. Really it is two different hats for that job.

Indeed, it's ridiculous to give the SoIA so many Departaments and then just expect him to handle to many aspects of Domestic Policy. If we weren't having some activity problems I think I would have been happy to propose a three way split in SoIA (Events and Domestic Policy), Deputy SoIA for Treasury (Economic policy) and the already proposed Deputy SoIA for technology, energy and environment. I might even do it if there's enough interest, but that will have to wait a while, xD
GAworth
United States

« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2014, 08:03:08 PM »

Well, remember me if you create the Deputy Secretary. Good Luck.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2014, 06:02:56 PM »

Election Day Approaching:

October 22, 2014:
With the election approaching, Senator Lumine has taken an extensive tour of the regions before Election Night begins, feeling confident and yet a bit cautious about his chances of winning the election.

Good day, my fellow Atlasians:

It has certainly been a hectic month, one that will be rather hard to forget in light of the unfortunate circumstances. I do feel I have to apologize for my lack of updates here, but I have been incredibly busy in real life thanks to college, and while I was fully participative in the Presidential Debate running the Senate as PPT is my priority, since it's the job I am formally tasked with. As of now polling has this ticket ahead in the election, but as everybody knows elections can often be unpredictable in Atlasia, so it's best to focus and work as hard as one can in order to see a good result. That said, I do feel a bit confident about the success of this campaign in building a large coalition and presenting a reasonable and effective program to solve the issues affecting Atlasia.

As I tour the zones that were damaged after the insurrections I feel a mix of sadness and at times anger, not the type of anger that comes from hate but the anger that comes from frustration at the loss of lives and the damages in cities like New York, who suffered because of the desire of some people to find some amusement. It's only a game, of course, but I do take it seriously and I plan to continue to do so if elected. I want to do my best to chance Atlasia in a positive way, to bring back ignored issues and fight for others were the roads taken have not been the best. It's about time we revitalize our economy by helping small businesses, by doing our best to work on the federal budget without overloading it, by trying to eradicate poverty. It's also time for us to defend the major accomplishment we have on Health Care thanks to Duke and Yankee, and to take the lead in findin ways to improve public education and hopefully increase freedom in that sector as well.

It's time to become more active in the foreign stage, time to take the initiative in major issues like the Ebola virus and recent issues regarding Russia, China and the Middle East, time to make an investment (not mere spending) on our technology sector and, hopefully, follow up on previous bills and pursue new achievements in issues like Space Exploration by bringing a renewed focus on NASA. There are many ideas out there worth fighting for and worth discussing, and a presidential term might not even be enough to achieve all of them. But I plan to try, I wish to assemble a government of capable and active Atlasians to seek solutions and reforms, and show the true potential that lies within Nyman and the White House.

I ask for the voters to stand with SJoyce and me and deliver a loud and clear message to the nation during the weekend, for this is the time to speak up. Elections make our game unique and exciting, and we are at the gates of another of the moments that build the history of Atlasia, so don't forget to get out and vote when the time comes!

Lumine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2014, 11:14:07 PM »

It's Time to Vote!

Well, Election Day(s) has finally come, and the election is already underway. This is certainly not the time for further campaigning, so I just want to thank my supporters and my friends for all their immense help during this entire process, and I want to encourage all the voters to go the polls to vote for President, Vice-President and the Regional Senate. So far we have a good level of turnout (even compared to the last election), but the more votes the better, so I hope we will get a big amount of voters by the time the polls are closed on Sunday.  I do feel very encouraged by the results at this early stage, but elections are often unpredictable and there's still a lot to be seen. To the second day of voting we go!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2014, 08:52:09 AM »
« Edited: October 27, 2014, 08:54:38 AM by Senator Lumine (PPT) »

Victory!

October 27, 2014:
Despite the results still not being certified, the vote margin is large enough for Senator Lumine to claim victory in the October Presidential Election, leading Former President Marokai for more or less twenty votes. There was a lot of excitement and joy in the Lumine/SJoyce HQ at Salt Lake City, and arrangements for the transition are already being prepared.

Thank you! Thank you very much! I can't really express how pleased I am for this result, for this great way of ending my second bid for the presidency, this time a successful one. It has been a long and interesting campaign, and I would like to thank and congratulate Former Presidents Marokai and Al and Former Representative Poirot on their strong showings and their respective campaigns, there were great opponents and I hope they will remain active in Atlasia during the next months. As I said, it was a long campaign, and I can't stress enough how thankful I am for the support I have received in this campaign and during the election. There were many people who made this possible, people like my running mate, SJoyce, or the members of the Lumine Team, who were always there to help. It has also been a long night and I've seen some of my friends lose and win, and I want to congratulate all of the candidates on their respective efforts as well.

We live in complex times, my friends, but I remain optimistic about the future, I feel energized to take over the Presidency in a couple of weeks and hopefully prove a worthy successor to President Cranberry. I wish to lead an active and engaged administration to improve this game, and as soon as the results are formally certified by Secretary Homelycooking I will open a formal transition office so we can coordinate the transition and be prepared since day one. A cabinet will also be selected, so that process will start very soon as well. All in all, and despite the constant and ridiculous attacks, I feel this victory is a vindication of a pragmatic ticket that built a large coalition not only to win the election, but to govern over the last four months. It was Sir Edward Heath who said that to govern is to serve, and it is with that spirit that I want to enter the White House to continue the legacy of our more successful Presidents and leave behind our long national nightmare.

As of now I have been a part of this game for almost two years, and save for a couple of weeks this year I have constantly been an officeholder since July 2013. It's a long career, and I will miss the Senate in which I served for about seven months, but I will leave the Chamber with pride and with fond memories of all those whom I worked with. Yes, even Senator TNF, even if he seems to believe my victory to be a signal of what's wrong with Atlasia, xD

Well, that's all for now, thank you very much, my fellow citizens!

LumineVonReuental, informally President-Elect.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2014, 08:55:40 AM »

Congratulations, my friend, and now President!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2014, 09:57:34 AM »

Congratulations, Lumine. I think you'll do just fine. Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »

Congrats, guys! Smiley
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2014, 10:32:02 AM »

Congratulations, President-elect.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2014, 11:27:14 AM »

Good morning! I'd like to begin by thanking Marokai and Antonio for their words of congratulations, and I'm happy to appear here as the unofficial Vice President-elect. Lumine and I won this election through an agenda of real change, a new course for Atlasia, as it were. Now, the task falls to us to make those policy and mechanical changes to make a better Atlasia and a better game. It's time to do what is necessary to help the less-fortunate and to ensure that Atlasia will survive and find success well after both of us have exited the White House.

I'd especially like to thank Marokai, Poirot, and even Al, for running respectable, solid campaigns. Marokai and Poirot both ran campaigns of ideas, again reminding us why they're seen as some of this nation's foremost policymakers. Labor may not have won this round, but Labor ran a positive, ideas-focused campaign whose loss has more to do with national climate than any fault of the candidate. We extend an open hand to the candidates and their supporters, and invite them now to work with us to build a better Atlasia.

And to the 65 Atlasians who cast a ballot for us: thank you, and thank you to all who have been kind enough to congratulate here. I'm confident that Atlasia couldn't have chosen a better President-elect. I look forward to a productive administration, and to beginning the transition process as soon as everything gets certified. Until then, thank y'all again.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2014, 11:34:07 AM »

Congratulations,
I'm looking forward to working with both of you.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2014, 12:06:43 PM »

This is a great day for Atlasia, no doubt this administration will accomplish a good deal for our country.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »

Victory is ours Lumine and SJoyce. lets show ourselves as a government of ideas and liberty.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2014, 02:03:29 PM »

Congrats Lumine. I'm hopeful that you'll do the job well.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2014, 03:40:51 PM »

My sincerest congratulations. You have been a great friend and an always reliable friend for me, Lumine, and I am content you will be an even greater President. If there is one guy to do the job right, we have found him!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2014, 06:49:28 PM »

Congrats to both you and Sjoyce. You both have a lot on your plate, but I know you're hard working and active, and surely Atlasia is in good hands. Make me proud, smile, and don't drink too much. Being President isn't always that fun. Trust me! Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies