Lumine & SJoyce - A New Course for Atlasia (Victory!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:11:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lumine & SJoyce - A New Course for Atlasia (Victory!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Lumine & SJoyce - A New Course for Atlasia (Victory!)  (Read 5931 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 10:03:54 PM »

The Role of the President and Campaign Theme:

September 17th, 2014:
Senator Lumine started his first tour of the regions, going to the Midwest and delivering a speech near the building site for the High Speed Rail in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Good day, my fellow Atlasians:

First of all, I’d like to think all the support I've received so far in the days after my announcement, it has been truly encouraging! It does bring a bit of nostalgia from my first Senate run back in early 2014, and so far I am glad to see that there are people from all parties supporting this run. Running for President is no easy task, but it is invigorating, and I look forward to an extremely active race along with my fellow candidates. I would also like to publicly thank my campaign team for their valuable help and support: Cris, who has always been a good friend from the times in which I was Midwest Governor and whose advice and polling expertise has been invaluable; Flo, with whom I have shared a close friendship since the times of the Progressive Union no matter what: Riley, who has also been a good friend and a great supporter, even if right now he can't be as active as I know we would like to be; and, of course, Superique, my former running mate, who is currently helping with advice regarding the platform as a policy advisor. And I also want to thank all those whom I have asked for advice in the past days regarding a few key issues, the feedback I have received is truly invaluable.

I speak to you today from one of the building sites of the Midwest High Speed Rail, the achievement that I consider to be the proudest I had during my time in the Midwest. The High Speed Rail is a long term policy that will take a few years to come, but it's a living proof of what we can achieve in Atlasia with the right type of leadership: a long term plan that may prove decisive in the future, achieving lasting and positive results. Both as an executive and legislative officeholder I have often tried to follow that line on thinking, and it believe that long term planning is crucial as long as we're not dealing with an immediate crisis (which is why I have been so insistent regarding Ukraine and Iraq). But I digress, this address is scheduled to talk about what I think should be the role of the Presidency. There has been a lot of talk about what the President should or shouldn't do over the past months, and so striking a real balance can be difficult. But I think that over the past year we can consider Presidents Duke and Nix as a successful model: men who took advantage of the Presidency and combined the leadership that executive power brings with ideas and a legislative push for their respective agendas.

Being honest with you, I think that the Presidency should be used to provide leadership in a very active way, to be truly engaged with the public and the media, to have a legislative agenda and work with the Senate to pass it. Nobody can dispute that the Senate has the major legislative role, but as Duke proved with the Health Care Reform and other policies, the President can and should play a pretty major role there. And make no mistake, I have the intention to reform the way the White House works, I want to take a lot at what is working and what isn't and enact changes accordingly. We need to have a more defined role for the Vice-President (and it is my intention to give my running mate a good number of executive responsibilities to prove this), we need to reform the way the cabinet works in order to make the Departments more efficient and more engaged (and if enough people are interested in joining by the time the election is over I have the intention of appointing Deputies to make the job of the Cabinet easier and show that delegating power can have a positive effect if handled correctly) and I feel that introducing a dose of more realism into the game can actually improve things and make it easier and more friendly for the new players that have arrived or are soon to come. This is a game made for us to enjoy, and I feel that sometimes, we have crossed the line into things that either go too far or are too unrealistic, which in many ways hurts the game.

Of course, I will be far more specific than this when I unveil my proposals for Government Reform, but in the meantime I feel it's a great idea to start making the case and talking about the style I want to have as President: an active and engaged government, fighting for an agenda that will try to reduce excess in certainly policies while enacting positive reforms to improve the game. That's why the theme of this campaign is "A New Course for Atlasia", and while it does sound a bit moderate heroish it should be remembered that I take pride on the nicknames I already have (except, perhaps, for the countless fascism accusations, but at this stage I have stopped caring about those).

Finally, I have made significant progress regarding the VP choice, and a frontrunner seems to have emerged. I still don't have an specific date, but expect the full ticket to be revealed before the week is over!

ModerateVonHero.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 01:41:52 PM »

Endorsed!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 11:21:10 PM »

Thanks, Superique!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2014, 09:07:02 PM »

Press Release:
VP Announcement Tomorrow!

Ladies and gentlemen, after a long and exhaustive process my campaign team and I have finished the VP vetting process, and I have reached a final decision. As a result, the full ticket will be announced tomorrow night on a rally in Nyman, where I will introduce the running mate and he will talk directly to the Atlasian public. With the ticket ready, I hope to start unveiling our platform from next week on, there's a lot of ground to cover and this campaign is just getting started. Stay tuned!

Lumine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2014, 09:04:37 PM »

Lumine & SJoyceSad
A New Course for Atlasia:

September 20th, 2014:
After presiding over a Senate session Senator Lumine held a massive rally in Nyman (to be followed by a campaign party in his local HQ) in which he announced his running mate choice: Former IDS Emperor, SoEA and GM SJoyce (TPP-NC).

Good evening, my fellow Atlasians:

As the campaign moves forward I believe I stand a very good chance at finally reaching the White House in October, and needless to say I feel very encouraged by the recent developments and the support I have recieved thus far. Choosing a Vice-President is no easy task, since in Atlasia a VP can be many things and play many crucial roles: the second in command, the chief of staff, the political advisor, the link to Congress, a cabinet member on his own right, and so forth. There were several brilliant candidates for the position, and the process was long and at times complicated, but I reached a final decision and I stand before you ready to announce my running mate and thus the full ticket. Ladies and gentlemen, I have asked Former IDS Emperor, GM and SoEA SJoyce to be my running mate, and he has accepted.

SJoyce is a man with a long and sucessful political career in Atlasia, he has served in several key positions in the federal government under several Presidents, he has served in his regional government as both an executive and legislative officer, he has run a sucessful newspaper, and overall he has always showed a committment to the game and its improvement. I believe he will be a excellent choice to be Vice-President due to his experience, record and skills, and I will be glad to count on his advice. Now more than ever we will need an active and capable VP now that the office is undergoing a public debate over its powers, and he is the man for the job. Of course, SJoyce and I do not share the same views in every issue, but our ideas combined can provide the balance that Atlasia needs while also sharing enough common ground to form an efficient team. We both share a passion for foreign affairs and believe that many things can be done on that front, we both want to fight for the environment and a greener Atlasia, we believe in the need for reform to improve the game and make it more friendly to newbies and those who currently play, both of us have taken stands against extreme and harmful policies, and we both acknowledge that, while the challenges are big, we can overcome them as a nation with hard work and bold ideas.

This ticket combines elements from the Federalist Party and The People's Party, and I believe that building a large coalition to govern is possible and something with a lot of potential for the game and its own future. We have a month left until Election Day, and I certainly plan to be very active on the campaign trail. The platform is slowly improving and soon we will be able to post it over a certain period of time, and in the meantime I plan to tour the country along with my friends and supporters to make the case and convince the people of Atlasia that we can achieve a lot of progress over the next four months.

Thank you very much, and let us give a warm welcome to SJoyce!

Lumine.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2014, 09:41:54 PM »

This is a great ticket!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2014, 10:12:13 PM »

Former IDS Emperor and Secretary of External Affairs SJoyce speaks in Raleigh, North Carolina

Fellow Atlasians,

When Senator Lumine first approached me for this role, I was hesitant. The role of the Vice President has been one that’s seen many different occupants and just as many different styles and approaches to the job over my time here. Nonetheless, after careful consideration, I’ve decided that the potential to make a significant difference in this game isn’t one that can be passed up. And so, I’m here today to proudly announce that I will be running for Vice President alongside Lumine, and to ask for your support of our ticket.

I’m under no illusions that this is the perfect ticket. Both Lumine and myself have some mistakes and losses on our records - hell, we disagree with each other on a number of issues. So why, then, am I here? I’m here because, despite any disagreements and despite any missteps, this ticket and this candidate is one that can make a difference. I see in Lumine someone who’s committed to working to make this game better, someone who’s committed to progress, someone who’s fundamentally committed to a better game. I believe this administration will be one of activity, of engagement, of involvement, and I’m glad to be standing here today in support.

We have many challenges before us. Attempting to maintain the balance we need to have between government and private business for a successful economy, continuing to push against the ongoing threat of climate change, and developing better healthcare, education, and infrastructure for future generations; all these and more are long-term challenges that any new President will face. But I believe a Lumine administration is more than ready for the challenge, and more than willing to work with all other parties to get there. This will be an administration of bold decisions, but it will also be one of consensus and unity.

I look forward to an engaging and energetic campaign, and, if all goes right, an active and productive administration. Thank you all.

-SJoyce
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2014, 10:57:29 PM »

Excellent choice!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2014, 12:08:24 AM »

Oh, I also want to take the chance to unveil the formal campaign banner, made by Flo. He truly did an incredible job!

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2014, 02:31:32 AM »

Great ticket!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2014, 11:01:46 AM »

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »

A Ticket As Strong as Iron. Wink
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2014, 08:21:34 AM »

Thanks, Yankee!

And once again, thanks to Flo for his hard work on the banners!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2014, 06:45:10 PM »

Where does this campaign stand on the Promotion of Marriage in Education Act, which recently passed the Mideast Assembly?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2014, 07:08:08 PM »

Where does this campaign stand on the Promotion of Marriage in Education Act, which recently passed the Mideast Assembly?

Thanks for the question!

Not a fan of it, to be honest. I'm usually conservative on several social issues, but I've always supported homosexual couples to have the same rights of heterosexual couples, including adoption (ironically, that's an issue that makes me a liberal in my own native country). And I'm not sure about the legality of the second clause of the bill as well.

It will be some time before I post the social platform, but personally I plan to stand for monogamous couples (as long as it doesn't involve incest) and I will seek to aid them with concrete proposaly as the base of a family, heterosexual or not.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2014, 07:37:50 PM »

Thanks for the question!

Not a fan of it, to be honest. I'm usually conservative on several social issues, but I've always supported homosexual couples to have the same rights of heterosexual couples, including adoption (ironically, that's an issue that makes me a liberal in my own native country). And I'm not sure about the legality of the second clause of the bill as well.

It will be some time before I post the social platform, but personally I plan to stand for monogamous couples (as long as it doesn't involve incest) and I will seek to aid them with concrete proposaly as the base of a family, heterosexual or not.

Thank you for the answer!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2014, 09:05:11 PM »

Endorsed by former Governor Winfield
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 10:00:32 PM »

Thank you very much, Winfield, I really appreciate the endorsement!

I apologize for the lack of movement here, I have been rather busy with college and running the Senate has the priority, but tomorrow I should have a speech on foreign policy and hopefully the whole foreign policy platform as well ready.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2014, 09:57:25 PM »

Discussing Foreign Policy:

September 26th, 2014:
Today Senator Lumine started a minor tour of the IDS, giving a speech on foreign policy in New Orleans, Louisiana before unveiling his basic foreign policy platform for a potential administration.

Good day,

It’s great to be back in the Imperial Dominion of the South, a region that has many of my friends (and supporters) serving in its regional government. I come before you today to talk about foreign policy and my platform for Atlasia’s standing in the world, for I think this is a crucial issue. When one serves in a regional government as I did from almost a year there’s little time to do some work regarding foreign policy, but ever since I entered the Senate I happily discovered that I could finally get to work on the area of policy that I liked the most. And I pushed for several policies, most of them successful (although of course there were a few failures). I pushed for a more comprehensive relationship with Latin America and Southeast Asia, for support for the governments of Iraq and Ukraine against aggression, for the reform and enlargement of NATO, I attempted to reform the Constitution to clear up ambiguity in the way we waged way (and said amendment barely failed to pass the regions), and overall I have done my best bring realism and sanity into foreign policy, along with real experts like Superique, SJoyce, Polnut, Yankee, Nix and many others.

And I plan to follow the same views as President. I believe Atlasia has a very important role to play, a role that doesn’t involve apathy and it doesn’t involve warmongering. Propaganda might want to tell you a different story, but quite often the sources of said propaganda tend to show a lack of… “realism” (if you will) in their own approaches. There are many things we can and we should do, but there are limits to reality. I don’t feel it’s plausible to say we have a good foreign policy when we gut the defense budget, close up as many bases as we can, abandon our allies, and overall refuse to participate when we are asked to do so, because we could play a positive role. No, a potential Lumine/SJoyce administration will seek positive and reasonable reform of our foreign policy and the way it currently works, it will seek a more comprehensive relationship with many of our allies and potential friends, and it will fight to raise the profile of foreign policy and hopefully encourage a more open and active debate on it.

I have named this section “Adapting to the 21st Century” because I feel that is our objective, to leave behind the rhetoric of the past decades to move into this new world and act accordingly to its new challenges and possibilities. I’m personally sick of the conspiracy theories and the eternal debate on the ideologies that lost the battle for the 20th, Century, and I hope I am not the only one. With that out of the way, it’s time to see the specific proposals we will bring to the table!

Lumine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2014, 10:07:39 PM »

Foreign Policy:
Adapting to the 21st Century:

1.-  The Team:

The position of SoEA is a very demanding one, because while it only has two departments it has to handle all diplomatic and military affairs, and often it can be very hard to decide what to do first and what to wait for. I believe in delegating and splitting work to make it easier and more attractive to people to participate (especially in the case of newbies, as I would like to see some of them serving in the administration). I would ultimately like to see a potential amendment to change the SoEA back into Defense and State, but in the meantime I have envisioned a team that will include from two to four people (depending on the demand):

-Secretary of External Affairs: Strictly handling diplomacy and pushing for the Administration’s initiative's.

-Deputy Secretary for Defense: He would be handled the Defense Department to take care of military reform and potentially also handle the CIA and the NSA to give intelligence reports.

-Special Ambassador for International Reform: He will handle the three proposals for organizations that are to be reformed: the dissolution of the GTO, the creation of Asian NATO and the reform of the UN.

2.- Organizations:

-Dissolve the Global Treaty Organization: It has been inactive almost since it was created, it lacks a clear purpose with the countries currently involved and overall I feel we need a fresh start.

-Asian NATO: Originally I was supportive of just enlarging NATO, but as Simfan pointed out in a Senate debate, an Asian NATO has a lot of potential. We need more coordination with our allies like Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea and others, so I want to see this organization created.

-UN Reform: Something promised by the current administration (and something I also suggested in October 2013) but not really attempted beyond TNF’s most recent foreign policy bill. It’s obvious that the constant Vetoes in the Security Council only force gridlock in the UN, so I want to push for enlargement of the Council (to include countries like Japan, Germany, India, Brazil and so forth) and eliminate the veto to replace it with a high quorum (not make it simple majorities).

-Latin America: I personally feel we need to be more engaged in organizations like OAS and the Pacific Alliance, and thanks to the South American/Asian Trade Reform Act we have a chance to do so. I also want to see closer ties to Brazil, Panama, Venezuela and Colombia, and it would be a good idea to act regarding Argentina, since they are currently in default and facing a major crisis. Atlasia made a lot of mistakes regarding Latin America during the Cold War, and we have a chance to redeem those mistakes.

3.- The Middle East, China and Russia:

-ISIS and Iraq: The key objective is to form an international coalition (probably including allies like Great Britain, France, Australia, Canada, Germany and other nations that wish to join in, along with coordinating efforts with Iran, Jordan and the Kurd fighters) with the Iraqi government to stop ISIS and help the refugees and the victims of the carnage they have created. The Kurds will also be supported with aid and we will try to secure more internal autonomy for them. In terms of assets to be used, the plan calls for the use of drones/airstrikes and a limited use of special forces to rescue hostages or provide humanitarian relief. We can make the difference here, we can help, but I don't have the intention to send troops on the ground.

-Middle East Plan: It's about time we change the way we look at the Middle East and they we treat the nations there. With the increased energy independence we do not depend on the region like the OTL United States does, and so we can afford to pursue a bold strategy to shift the balance. First of all, we need to seek more allies in the region, and we want to do so with economic investment to overcome the enormously high levels of poverty in some of these nations. We will seek closer ties to the governments of Turkey, Lebanon (where the plan calls for an ambitious initiative for development), Palestine (same case as with Lebanon), Iraq and, perhaps surprisingly, Iran. As others have pointed out Saudi Arabia is not a reliable ally, and it has a regime hard to tolerate in many ways, so we will seek a change in relationship regarding them.

-Ukraine and Russia: I have always been supportive of the efforts of Ukraine to stop Russian aggression, and I will still do so as President. We will support President Poroshenko’s peace plan and his efforts to stabilize his country, and we would like to see Ukraine's entrance in NATO in order to protect them from Putin. Regarding Russia, it's about time we prove them that we will not stand for their blatant disrespect of international law, and we have the intention of taking measures like rejecting Russian visas  and using the US Strategic Petroleum Reserve (and our ties to oil rich countries) to drive down the prices immediately, thus helping Ukraine with the energy extortion exerted by Russia and proving, once and for all, that Putin leads a house of cards.

-China and Southeast Asia: The relationship Atlasia has with China has been very rocky for the past years, but overall I don't feel this is necessarily terrible. China is a nation that has also taken a lead in being aggressive to its neighbors, it has serious issues regarding human rights, currently sponsors stakes like North Korea and it has engaged in act of provocation against Japan and Taiwan without any regard for the consequences. The Asian NATO will try to contain the Chinese expansion in Asia without being aggressive, and we will support South Korea, Vietnam, Japan and Taiwan in their respective difficulties with China (including supporting a reform of the Japanese constitution to allow them to have an army, but only if the procedure to achieve this is fully democratic and transparent). I do not wish to antagonize China, but that doesn't mean we should just ignore them and some of their acts like the virtual sabotage.

4.- The Defense Sector:

-Sanity in Foreign Policy Act 2.0: I remain convinced this was a good proposal and it passed the Senate with a clear majority, so I was very disappointed when it was struck down by a veto. I will seek to introduce it again before the Senate and hopefully passing it this time.

-Reform of the Defense Department: The past months have seen dramatic cuts on Defense Spending, and I think many can agree with me in pointing out that it's not a wise road to merely gut the Defense budget without any regard for the consequences. Over an over we have closed bases and cut spending and in doing so I feel we have only weakened our military and our capabilities of reacting to threats. A Lumine/SJoyce administration will not triplicate the defense budget or form a bloated military, but we will fight for an increase in defend spending an the repeal of some pieces of legislation that go too far in reducing our capabilities. We will also fight for a reform of the army in terms of armament, seeking to upgrade current equipment.

These are the basic points of the foreign policy agenda we have envisioned, and while there are a few issues missing we will also seek to address them in due time and find solutions for them if elected. Thank you very much! (Next should be Government Reform, but that will take some time)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2014, 07:21:16 PM »

"Instant Government" (Speech)Sad

September 28th, 2014:
After several speeches and events, Senator Lumine delivered today his final speech for this IDS tour in Dallas, Texas, discussing recent events in the Mideast, the current message of the current presidential tickets and the concept he dubbed "instant government". He is expected to start a Pacific tour very soon.

Good day,

After unveiling the first part of the platform that this campaign plans to fight for, I think it's a good time for us to discuss political affairs, to talk about the state of the game. And first, I would like to publicly thank Governor TJ for vetoing the Mideast Promotion of Marriage in Education Act. Such a bill would have been offensive towards many of our fellow citizens and would have promoted a message of discrimination, something that we as politicians shouldn't tolerate. I know it must not have been an easy choice for the Governor, and I praise him for his pragmatism and the message he has sent to the nation. I think this and the similar situations we have seen over the past months indicate in a clear way what are the problems and the issues that are pushing Atlasia back and forcing a status quo that is, frankly, disappointing.

Even more that in real life, there is a tendency in Atlasia to consider “instant government” as the solution to the problems. Or even worse, to enact change for the sake of change, often with detrimental consequences to the game. Proposals like the energy nationalization bill, the recent Mideast debacle, the polygamy/incest laws in the Northeast, and so forth. They have their supporters and they have they arguments, but I happen to think that's precisely what we should avoid: instant solutions that disregard the consequences. I believe reform shouldn't be attempted just for the sake of ramming an agenda though with a total lack of pragmatism. Of course, with terms that are short some of the moves enacted will probably look like instant government, but I want to fight to achieve the reforms I believe Atlasia needs, not the reforms dictated by harsh and uncompromising dogma.

For all the initial hopes, it's clear the current administration failed to achieve the success that we saw under Nix and Duke. It's not just my opinion; all kinds of polls show the unpopularity to the administration in a way that makes it obvious that the polling is not manipulated. What's more eloquent to me is the fact that there's no interest in defending the current legacy of the White House. I have followed Former President Marokai’s campaign with a lot of attention and I truly appreciate the fact that has been very civil and has talked at length about the need for communication, but I believe most of us expected Labor to run candidates who have been involved in the game over the past few months, figures that the public can easily recognize and that would provide a clear link to the current administration (for better or worse), people that we know have been actively interested in becoming President, at least going by past events. I welcome the opportunity of an active and competitive race, but you will have to understand my relative surprise, mostly because Marokai has not been actively involved in Atlasia since his presidency and Antonio has not been visible over the past two or three years. That on its own right is a concern when you take into account that Atlasia needs to focus on the precise problems we have right now and requires a good knowledge of the, but more strange is the fact that, somehow, we only need a change in attitude, as if the last three months have not happened at all.

But they have happened, and we have seen gridlock, dubious actions, bitter rhetoric on both sides, disregard for arguments and a lack of agenda, and so forth. It's not only the discourse and the approach that was taken; Atlasia has been going on the wrong track over the last couple of months. I feel it's time for a new administration with different people to reach the White House, correct the course, and enact necessary reform, not merely changing things for the sake of changing them. I want to offer a possibility of genuine reform and efficient government to this nation, and I want to do so by working with and talking to people, by building coalitions, by taking action and not hesitate to act or speak when necessary. To govern is to serve, and if the people of Atlasia decide that the next administration should be formed by this coalition for sanity, then I will be proud to enter the White House and serve this nation, as I have tried to do during my career.

Thank you very much.

Lumine.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

tl;dr version:
I praise Governor TJ for his pragmatism/message, the nation is on the wrong track and doesn't need more "instant government", we need candidates and a new administration truly involved with the issues, and I want to bring a government of reform and sanity, a government that will effectively serve the interest of the nation and the people.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2014, 09:18:08 PM »

Candidate Lumine, I have a question.

In the two news coverage pictures of you, one where you are giving a speech, announcing your candidacy, and the other where you appear to be on your way to a meeting or campaign event, in both pictures, there are only men, absolutely no women.

Can you explain why?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2014, 09:34:53 PM »

In the two news coverage pictures of you, one where you are giving a speech, announcing your candidacy, and the other where you appear to be on your way to a meeting or campaign event, in both pictures, there are only men, absolutely no women.

Can you explain why?

Presumably, those are all his husbands.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2014, 09:42:13 PM »

Can you explain why?

Thanks for the question, Winfield! As a politician I can assure you that this is just a very curious coincidence, which might be related to the regrettable fact that the male politicians in Atlasia outnumber the female politicians by quite a margin.

Now, as a private citizen, it's mostly because the Heseltine pictures with women often include Margaret Thatcher, and that either looks as a major anachronism or causes some distress among potential supporters, xD

Presumably, those are all his husbands.

Well, not really... It might be argued I seek to continue the proud tradition of being a single politician, something that seems pretty common in our beloved Republic.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2014, 09:45:30 PM »

Tomorrow I should be able to post the Game Reform part of the platform, which I have been discussing with my advisers over the past few days. There's a lot of ground to cover and some comments to answer as well, so I really look forward to it.

I also plan to release a statement on the recent crisis that is affecting Atlasia, but you will forgive if I take the time to see more developments and get a clearer idea of what's going on. In the meantime, my prayers are with the victims and families of the attack on the White House, the Frankfurt bombing and all the victims of ISIS.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies