What Made You Change Politically? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:53:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  What Made You Change Politically? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Made You Change Politically?  (Read 13424 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: September 17, 2014, 04:28:43 PM »

I started out as a toned down version of Goldwater. What happened?

I went to university and watched people make stupid decisions* that will drastically affect their well being for years after. This lead me to believe that the government should take a strong role in discouraging poor decisions and encouraging good ones.

*My personal favourite was someone putting a Mediterranean cruise on their student line of credit.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 07:06:11 AM »

Besides which, I have a very difficult time believing that almost any anti-choice people truly equate abortion with murder. Some do, but those who do are either behind bars for murdering abortion doctors or lauding those who are. Because killing a mass murderer is totally justifiable, right?

That logic doesn't hold up at all. Not everyone who thought Hitler, Stalin, Mao et al, were murderers was blowing up bridges or assassinating officials. Do you think Solzhenitsyn, or the Scholls didn't think their respective dictators were murderers?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies