Sawx for Governor - Our Northeast (Victory Speech)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:59:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Sawx for Governor - Our Northeast (Victory Speech)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sawx for Governor - Our Northeast (Victory Speech)  (Read 3340 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 05:59:42 PM »

I'm not denying that - nor do I consider you one of the traitors I mentioned. The actual traitors know who they are - and they surely aren't you. I'm just saying, I have my sources that back what I said - that is, Griffin knew of my candidacy before Barnes took place, and that Griffin seems to be the one taking the mantle from Duke.

As I've said before, I'd like to expand on the other solutions I have for the Northeast in a debate with my opponent, and invite him to join me in selecting a moderator.

Oh no, you're not backing out of that. You just insinuated that you told Talleyrand and that Labor ran rough-shod over you anyway after you told him. Pray tell, who else did you tell, because you didn't mention their names (and you never told me)?

1) No, I did not "know of your candidacy" beforehand or give Barnes the go ahead to run one of his own as a result of a vote; I didn't know Barnes was running until three days after that vote concluded. And if your "proof" is someone mentioning it in IRC while I was idling for hours at some point in the past, then that's not proof.

2) Let's say I did know: it wouldn't make a bit of difference because a) we have primaries and they are legitimate affairs when held, and b) you never announced anyway.

3) Talleyrand isn't in the leadership. Did it ever occur to you to talk to the leadership to see, you know, if anyone else was running?

4) Candidates don't have to tell the leadership that they're running prior, but they shouldn't get pissy when there are other candidates and feel entitled to coasting to a general election without an opponent, either.

5) I never endorsed Barnes, I said:

I pick my wording quite carefully. Look around at every race and I never use the words "Endorsed" these days precisely due to the fact that other candidates might jump in after the fact.

Meanwhile, I've taken the time to make you some new banners that are aptly-descriptive of this entire campaign:

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 07:20:39 PM »

My source is in Labor leadership. You should be able to figure it out yourself - after all, he was the one who personally told you that I had plans to run.

Don't lie to me, Fredo.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2014, 07:41:59 PM »

My source is in Labor leadership. You should be able to figure it out yourself - after all, he was the one who personally told you that I had plans to run.

Don't lie to me, Fredo.

So I've combed through all of my FB messages and PMs to see if I somehow missed anything that you might be construing as notifying me of your intentions, and this is all I can find.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is literally everything I can find from the past month. Nothing about a run for Governor, and "leadership" is the Politburo + the President, and not anyone else.

And it's Vito to you.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2014, 02:27:40 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2014, 02:40:32 PM by Northeast Assemblyman Sawx for Governor »

The Mideast Hate Bill. Holy sh**t, I could not be more disgusted by this. Never mind that it essentially breaks down the barrier between church and state by pushing a far-right definition of marriage – it's hate, plain and simple. As Atlasia has a strong LGBT community, this bill thoroughly disgusts me, and I applaud Senator Bore's attempt to fix this problem. It flies in the face of common sense, and encourages state discrimination against them, obviously. To remedy this problem, I have proposed a bill prohibiting the state teaching any definition of marriage that discriminates against any class – from simple, resolved issues like LGBT marriage to polygamous marriages.

This also proves why I am against consolidation – if Labor's current plan passes, half the Mideast will be absorbed into our region. This is far unlike Winfield's concerns about the Same Love Act - bigots like hifly will not only have a say in Northeast politics, but have a legitimate chance of getting elected and spreading their morals to the rest of our region. I understand that I am beating a dead horse here about game reform, but it is clear to me that regional consolidation is much more than a fight against my former party. It's a fight for our ideals of liberty and free will. Whether you are left-wing or right-wing, I warn you – the scourge of social conservatism is assaulting the walls of the Northeast. Vote for me, and I will lead the defense of our land of freedom and love.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2014, 09:41:18 AM »

The Mideast Hate Bill. Holy sh**t, I could not be more disgusted by this. Never mind that it essentially breaks down the barrier between church and state by pushing a far-right definition of marriage – it's hate, plain and simple. As Atlasia has a strong LGBT community, this bill thoroughly disgusts me, and I applaud Senator Bore's attempt to fix this problem. It flies in the face of common sense, and encourages state discrimination against them, obviously. To remedy this problem, I have proposed a bill prohibiting the state teaching any definition of marriage that discriminates against any class – from simple, resolved issues like LGBT marriage to polygamous marriages.

This also proves why I am against consolidation – if Labor's current plan passes, half the Mideast will be absorbed into our region. This is far unlike Winfield's concerns about the Same Love Act - bigots like hifly will not only have a say in Northeast politics, but have a legitimate chance of getting elected and spreading their morals to the rest of our region. I understand that I am beating a dead horse here about game reform, but it is clear to me that regional consolidation is much more than a fight against my former party. It's a fight for our ideals of liberty and free will. Whether you are left-wing or right-wing, I warn you – the scourge of social conservatism is assaulting the walls of the Northeast. Vote for me, and I will lead the defense of our land of freedom and love.

We social conservatives are not a societal scourge. While I abhor your views of allowing incestous unions or polygamy I do extend my hand in friendship in the fight against consolidation. Will you join me in that?
I don't want any more say in Northeastern matters any more than you guys want in Mideastern matters. While we have different views we believe the region's should have power in these sensitive matters.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2014, 11:41:15 AM »

Of course. I believe that the Mideast can govern on their own.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2014, 05:11:14 PM »

hifly15 is nominated to replace Averroës Nix as SoEA.

The f**k is this sh*t?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 05:12:24 PM »

Yeah, I'd.. enjoy hearing the rationale there..
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2014, 05:21:54 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2014, 05:37:59 PM by Northeast Assemblyman Sawx for Governor »

I agree. Someone who literally led the charge of Atlasia's fiercest attack against LGBTs in recent history gets a Cabinet nomination?

DemPGH, and anyone who votes for his confirmation, is an accessory to his bigotry. As Governor, I will make sure that the Northeast will be a land of peace and love for all.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2014, 06:38:47 PM »

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 07:41:27 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2014, 12:12:31 AM by Northeast Assemblyman Sawx for Governor »

The scene is Ben Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia, PA. Northeast Assemblyman Sawx walks up to a crowd of adoring supporters, as Dreams and Nightmares by Meek Mill plays as his walkup song.

Gentlemen, in my short career in Atlasian politics, it's safe to say I've seen some shit. I've seen someone who was fiercely anti-LGBT with Nazi sympathies be nominated to be our Secretary of External Affairs by our left-wing party, and someone who supports the legalization of bestiality be confirmed to that office. I've seen a party stand by its president no matter what, even as he managed to fire a game moderator because he didn't like what was happening with the game. I've been treated as persona non grata by my old party because I ruled on what was best for my region, not what its establishment wanted me to do. You get the point - gradually, I've learned to expect the unexpected from the Labor Party. However, I didn't expect them to stoop as low as this.

The "Because You've Earned It" Act. Personally, I find it a little suspicious that the Labor Party decided to wait this long to propose something like this, especially during the brief time where they were tied with TPP and when the independents led them. I also find it funny that Barnes' most famous surrogate, and the man who has managed to attack me more than Barnes on the campaign trail, is proposing a bill that pins the date that qualifies it as the exact same date that they would have gained their “preferred placement” on the ballot. Bottom line is, you know it, and I know it. This isn't a ploy for reform or some incentive to create a bigger party – this is Labor's way of trying to rig the game so their candidate can win.

Look, we all know the Labor Party is more desperate to score this October than a frat boy during last call. I didn't just know that they were desperate enough to play with our elections. If I am elected, I will propose a bill making candidate placement on the ballot totally random, giving no candidate a true advantage on the ballot. I now call on my opponent to denounce this blatant ploy to tinker with the fair elections that the Northeast values  so dearly, and I call on my supporters to reject the Labor Party's war on democracy this weekend.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2014, 12:59:26 PM by Napoleon »

Days Before Rodeo/10?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2014, 12:14:20 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2014, 12:26:17 AM by Northeast Assemblyman Sawx for Governor »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0h2u87JwyA

Winterfell - somewhere in the mountains of NH

Well, this month's been a long, exhausting ride, so I'll just keep this simple. It's taken me all across the Northeast, where I've managed to meet all sorts of faces, and all sorts of awesome people. As a citizen of this great region, I'm proud to say that we've always been a region for the people - not political parties, not for government. We've been able to balance giving everyone as fair of a chance as possible while giving them the freedom to do as much as possible. I've ran to help defend our Northeast from outside influences. Now, I need you get out to the polls so you can help defend it with me.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2014, 12:38:44 AM »
« Edited: October 26, 2014, 01:24:08 AM by Sawx, Lord of Winterfell »

Winterfell - somewhere in NH, shortly after the news.

A month-long representative, a bunch of Federalists, D-Rs, TPPers, and even a few Laborites... we're as motley of a crew as you can get. But who would have thought that a band of misfits like us would shake the establishment from within? Who would have thought that a true coalition of the people, from JCL to dallasfan, from MattVT to Deus, would hold? Who would have thought that we could have made this possible? Well I have some news – my greatest analysts have determined that we are above 50% in any potential runoff situation. That's right – we did it, and I won't let you down.

When I first ran for governor, I had a special idea in mind. To be honest, I was alarmed at the idea of consolidation. I summed it up fairly well, but my good friend Senator JCL told me when I first started running that this wasn't about moralism vs. libertarianism. He told me that he extended his hand to me because of the simple principle that Mideastern manners should remain decided by the Mideast, and the Northeast's matters should remain in the Northeast. I saw it as an idea being pushed by party bosses against the will of the Northeast, and I felt like someone had to run to defend the people.

I would like to thank my opponents, CJO Barnes, and Winfield, for putting their names into consideration for governor. While we may disagree vehemently on some issues, I admire them for being brave enough to run and express their ideas on how they can serve this region. I have full faith in them, and they have a very bright future ahead of them. Follow your dreams, brothers.

But most of all, I'd like to thank you, the good people of the Northeast. My friends all told me that I've ran one of the best campaigns they've ever seen. Before the election was over, we managed to clinch a spot in the runoff in a span of a few hours, and we wound up having the election locked up quicker than it surprised me. People credit me for this campaign. But really, I couldn't have been elected without all of you. You got out to the polls to vote for me. You gave me these endorsements. You made this campaign, not me.

You've worked hard for this. Enjoy the party – we've got free food, an open bar, and enough loud to wake up Oceania. The least I could do is be a good host.

Now let's drink.

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2014, 12:41:03 AM »

Congratulations, Governor Sawx!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2014, 12:49:06 AM »

Congratulations Mr. Governor.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2014, 07:48:36 AM »

YAY!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2014, 08:00:25 AM »

Congratulations!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2014, 08:11:28 AM »

Congrats! Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2014, 10:05:08 AM »

Congratulations, brother!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2014, 03:01:30 PM »

Well, that is a truly impressive landslide, congratulations, Sawx!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2014, 03:59:51 PM »

Just as a friendly reminder, this election is not over. And I don't mean that figuratively, the polling booth remains open until 23:59:59 EST tonight.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies