2014 Senatorial endorsements page now up
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:48:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2014 Senatorial endorsements page now up
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 2014 Senatorial endorsements page now up  (Read 3547 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2014, 12:11:02 AM »

Why is Lamar Alexander the only overall endorsed Republican, and not Susan Collins?
Is it because of him himself? Or is the Democrat, Gordon Ball, hated by his party's base?

1) Split between Ball and the Green Party candidate since Ball is a joke.
2) Collins tends to be the outlet for most of the frustration with moderate heroism (same with Pryor, I'm pretty surprised he's leading and not the Green)

I don't dislike Pryor for Moderate Heroism. I dislike him because he's so, well, mediocre. He's an overweight, overprivileged frat boy who rode in on the horse his daddy rode out on. And his 4th grade Sunday School class views on evolution have no place in the Democratic Party.

Tom Cotton is more conservative than I am but I'd probably vote for him if I lived in Arkansas. He's intelligent, well-educated and served his country honorably.

Doesn't Cotton have the same beliefs on evolution?

Indie is gonna indie...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You both should read what he said.

I did read it. So Pryor's beliefs on evolution make him a HP, but Cotton's (presumably) identical beliefs are fine just because there's a different letter in parentheses after his name? That makes no sense whatsoever.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2014, 12:18:29 AM »

LOL, what a joke Pryor is. From wiki:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2014, 12:27:22 AM »

well there's also the fact that Mark Pryor is one of the people defending Republican control of the Senate...

I mean I'm definitely not a fan of Pryor but I don't like neocons/Mitch McConnell controlling the Senate so I'd probably vote for him
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2014, 01:27:49 AM »
« Edited: September 22, 2014, 01:32:37 AM by eric82oslo »

After I saw/heard the comments Mark Pryor made in Bill Maher's "Religious" ["You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the Senate," amongst other comments] I changed my Arkansas endorsement to the Green Party candidate, Mark Swaney. He seems like a good guy who wants to fight for peace, social justice and the environment, and perhaps most importantly; for stronger support of the UN system. Smiley

Here's more on Mark Swaney: http://www.greenpartyofarkansas.org/candidates/mark-swaney-for-u-s-senate/

(The Pryor interview starts here at 34 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2zhlDbMfDg )
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2014, 01:58:40 AM »

Does anyone actually know Cotton's stand on evolution/creationism? I admit I didn't look it up and just automatically assumed it was identical or worse than Pryor's since he's a Republican and it's Arkansas, but I can't find anything about it through googling.

If it does end up being the same, bashing Pryor for it and then praising Cotton in the next sentence is a bit like talking about how Steve Stockman is an insane nutjob then in the next sentence waxing poetic about the virtues of Louie Gohmert. If it isn't the same, I fully retract my comments.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2014, 10:17:21 PM »

Updated:

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies