KY: Gravis: McConnell opens 10-point lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:37:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  KY: Gravis: McConnell opens 10-point lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY: Gravis: McConnell opens 10-point lead  (Read 1750 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2014, 09:41:40 AM »

Article.

McConnell (R)- 51%
Grimes (D)- 41%
backtored
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 09:50:53 AM »

Hopefully it is become more evident to people why folks like Stu Rothenberg projected a GOP wave. When races start to "break," after the RV to LV switch, they start to favor Republicans.  Not every poll and every race, but there is a clear trendline that we've been seeing and it isn't good for Democrats.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 10:23:18 AM »

I was actually worried, until I saw it was just Gravis.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 11:07:50 AM »

Hopefully it is become more evident to people why folks like Stu Rothenberg projected a GOP wave. When races start to "break," after the RV to LV switch, they start to favor Republicans.  Not every poll and every race, but there is a clear trendline that we've been seeing and it isn't good for Democrats.

Because a Gravis poll showing a lead for an incumbent Republican in Kentucky definitley means "wave".
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 11:39:55 AM »

We should have just run Ashley Judd for this seat. At least it would have generated more publicity.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 11:55:01 AM »

So yeah, Republicans could win 8, 9 or even 10 seats in the Senate.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 12:03:36 PM »

I doubt the lead is that big, but it's definitely starting to look like this is lean GOP or even likely GOP unless McConnell makes a big gaffe.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 12:06:06 PM »

I doubt the lead is that big, but it's definitely starting to look like this is lean GOP or even likely GOP unless McConnell makes a big gaffe.

He makes a big gaffe almost every day. For instance, he said Israel has a dome. And now he's attacking Grimes's deceased grandfather.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 12:41:01 PM »

Don't get too excited bro, it's Gravis. McConnell is still only up by 4-5 at the moment.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 01:40:19 PM »

McConnell has a clear advantage at this point, but isn't up 10.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: 3.30

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 02:00:32 PM »

He makes a big gaffe almost every day. For instance, he said Israel has a dome. And now he's attacking Grimes's deceased grandfather.

Huh But it does...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Dome

Anyhow, while I also doubt that McConnell is leading by 10 points (and Gravis definitely isn't reputable by any stretch), at this point it seems pretty clear that he's moved this race out of the tossup category. I agree with Ray that this Senate race is Lean Republican at the very least.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 02:06:50 PM »

Huh But it does...

The Iron Dome isn't literally a dome like McConnell thinks it is.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2014, 02:10:26 PM »

Huh But it does...

The Iron Dome isn't literally a dome like McConnell thinks it is.

Okay, could you link me to that then? I looked up "Mitch McConnell iron dome" on Google News when typing my previous post, and nothing about those kinds of comments came up.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2014, 02:27:31 PM »

Okay, could you link me to that then? I looked up "Mitch McConnell iron dome" on Google News when typing my previous post, and nothing about those kinds of comments came up.

Grimes stated that the Iron Dome had defended Israel from attacks. Then McConnell said that was impossible because it was just a big dome.
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 02:33:29 PM »

Grimes stated that the Iron Dome had defended Israel from attacks. Then McConnell said that was impossible because it was just a big dome.

Is there at outside source for these comments from the candidates, so I could take a look at the direct quotes?
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 02:42:47 PM »

McConnell is going to win, no matter what Gravis says.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 02:47:07 PM »

Is there at outside source for these comments from the candidates, so I could take a look at the direct quotes?

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/07/29/3357293_grimes-opens-lexington-office.html?rh=1
Never
Never Convinced
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 03:07:25 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2014, 05:32:23 PM by Never »

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/07/29/3357293_grimes-opens-lexington-office.html?rh=1

Thanks for sharing.

Well, I see Grimes' comments from July voicing support of the Dome, but it appears as if it is Grimes herself who received some criticism from Republicans for her apparent implication that the Dome is able to prevent terrorists from tunneling into Israel, something that the system is not capable of. I don't see how that's a major gaffe for McConnell, considering the Grimes campaign saw it fitting to clarify the comments.

http://www.kentucky.com/2014/07/30/3358118_republicans-seize-on-iron-dome.html?rh=1

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/30/alison-grimes-iron-dome_n_5633500.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 04:00:29 PM »

>Gravis, but coming home effect starting to happen regardless.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 04:17:17 PM »

Because a Gravis poll showing a lead for an incumbent Republican in Kentucky definitley means "wave".

2006 was wave bigger than Earth for the Republicans since they got 74% in the Maine Senate race.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 05:30:53 PM »

Was he thinking of the Dome of the Rock?

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 05:44:29 PM »

McConnell may be lucky to win reelection, although he's unpopular, he's still leading in the polls.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 06:33:56 PM »

Gravis is the new Rasmussen.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies