Gun control loons getting loonier (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:38:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gun control loons getting loonier (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gun control loons getting loonier  (Read 5667 times)
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« on: September 18, 2014, 12:28:38 PM »

Also, for the aforementioned gun nuts, everything is a piece of evidence that Obama is going to take their guns. Literally everything.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 11:54:27 AM »

Also, for the aforementioned gun nuts, everything is a piece of evidence that Obama is going to take their guns. Literally everything.

Obama used the Russia/Ukraine crisis to ban the importation of Russian AK-pattern receivers and parts so........

Gun control loonies will literally use anything. The Clinton administration banned hi-capacity magazines, which turned gun dealers into millionaires.

The NRA reacted to Heller by soliciting for funds, saying they must redouble their efforts, as though Obama's reaction of doing nothing at all were all the proof anyone needed of his ill intent toward guns.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 07:31:39 AM »

Setting aside the fact that the executive order was clearly not issued for the purpose of a gun ban, there's also the fact that there are multiple suppliers of AK-47 pattern weapons, not all of which are Russian, and the further fact that even if Russia were the sole source, there are plenty of other automatic and semi-automatic weapons of equivalent effectiveness available from a multitude of suppliers from many countries.  The idea that EO 13661 in either intent or effect has any impact on the ability of people to exercise their 2nd amendment rights is utter nonsense of the sort that can only be believed by those who don't ever bother to think at all on this issue, but proceed to reflexively duckspeak the views they hear from talk radio or the like.

Your argument is that the EO is not explicitly about gun control nor is it an effective form of gun control; therefore, it cannot be an anti-gun measure. Non sequitur?

Do you think the Obama administration understood what EO 13661 would do to the civilian arms market? Do you think it was necessary for the national security of Ukraine to ban the importation of WWII Russian surplus bolt-action rifles?

Do you think Obama would have had an easier time trying to convince European governments to impose sanctions on Russia if they could point out that he hadn't even stopped importing weapons from Russia?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 09:05:18 AM »

Having read EO 13660 and EO 13661, could you please just point out the parts of them that you think amount to gun bans?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 11:17:43 AM »

To be clear, you're talking about this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Right? You're saying that language is a gun ban as plain as day?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 11:42:32 AM »

So we should be supporting the Russian arms industry?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 12:29:14 PM »

This is getting kind of silly, and proving the point I was trying to make in the first place. Unabashed gun nuts will claim that anything is a gun grab, even an executive order putting financial pressure on an autocratic regime invading another country. Insane.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 12:47:33 PM »

This is getting kind of silly, and proving the point I was trying to make in the first place. Unabashed gun nuts will claim that anything is a gun grab, even an executive order putting financial pressure on an autocratic regime invading another country. Insane.

The EO is clear. The inclusion of arms manufacturers is conspicuous. I've explained why these Russian firearms are not closely-related (if at all) to the Russian defense industry or to the tribulations in Ukraine.

You're not doing your side any favors.

They didn't ban any guns though.  They put specific Russian corporations including arms manufacturers on the OFAC list. 

Doesn't matter. The gubmint is always, and by definition, coming to take muh guns!
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »

Very likely the administration examined the limited options they had available to exert economic pressure on Russia, and saw that the arms sector was one of its few viable choices.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »

Arguing that President Obama has motives beyond gun ban is like arguing that Republicans enact ineffective tax cuts for reasons other than their ideological affinity for tax cuts.

Thank you for proving that you're not worth talking to.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 02:26:07 PM »

As far as I'm concerned, the last post was my first argument based heavily upon conjecture about Obama's intent. From the beginning, you've argued that you know why Obama banned popular Russian civilian rifles; therefore, the ban didn't actually occur, and gun nuts are just making it all up.

Put yourself in my shoes, and contemplate the incredible good humor necessary to quote executive orders, as if they would have persuaded you. If you want to argue that you know intent, you must discredit other theories within a logical framework: If Obama knew the Russian gun-ban wouldn't eliminate AK-pattern rifles, how can you assume malice?

1) You're mischaracterizing basically everything I said.
2) As I bolded above, you keep talking about Obama having banned popular Russian guns. This is false. Obviously so. He's signed an executive order banning the import of guns made by one particular manufacturer from Russia. You keep talking as though it's broader than that, and it hurts what little credibility you had left.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 06:40:37 AM »

Obama used the Russia/Ukraine crisis to ban the importation of Russian AK-pattern receivers and parts so........

This is what I said, which was correct then and is still correct now. Russian guns are banned, but not any particular design of Russian gun.

Furthermore, your argument is 1) I never said Russian guns are not banned, but 2) Russian guns are not banned.

Wrong.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 02:48:19 PM »

Why indeed? You're going to go ahead and inform me what's on my mind, so I guess I've got nothing to say myself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies