DK Elections: Chad Taylor off ballot
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:57:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  DK Elections: Chad Taylor off ballot
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: DK Elections: Chad Taylor off ballot  (Read 2986 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 09:19:32 PM »

1.) Sounds like more anger issues.
2.) Sounds like more elitism.
3.) You refer to me as "immature," when it is you who are asking for moderators to come save you from a childhood bully in "your" neighborhood.

This one is a good one: complain about how I'm "asking for moderators to save me from a childhood bully"...while you whine about me being an elitist bully. A classically hypocritical remark. Bravo.  Smiley

Wrong. No where did I say you are an "elitist bully." I said you are an "elitist." So there is no hypocrisy. Good try though. 8-)

You were whining about my elitism...then complained about my "whining." Come on, dude. At least stay consistent. Tongue
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 09:30:46 PM »

Popcorn, anyone?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 09:41:32 PM »

Ummmm. I love popcorn. With butter please.
KCDem

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 10:14:26 PM »

Good to see the path to the woodshed has been cleared for Glorious Gregory.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2014, 12:29:11 AM »

Good to see the path to the woodshed has been cleared for Glorious Gregory.

I prefer Gregory the Gallant, riding in on his white horse to save the Democratic Senate majority from the evil grip of the Republicans.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2014, 03:10:43 AM »

Andrew1
Rookie
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2014, 04:31:03 AM »

A person can't be forced to be a candidate, by the same principle a party shouldn't be forced to have a candidate.

Theoretically a case could be made for offering the slot to Patrick Wiesner, who narrowly lost the primary to Taylor. If he turned it down, then clearly no other Democrat in the state has sought the office, and no other should be forced to run.

Kobach is now violating a federal law concerning absentee ballots. He's not doing himself any favours. If he keeps this up, it will be three statewide Republican losses in Kansas this year.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 11:48:34 AM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/19/us-usa-kansas-senate-idUSKBN0HE1UT20140919

Oh the fun ...
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2014, 12:18:19 PM »

Yeah, I was afraid that might happen.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2014, 12:31:28 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2014, 12:37:22 PM by Ten in Roman Numerals »

Did this DINO Kobach and friends dug up even vote in the primary, I mean I know he said he did, but do we know if he actually did?  If not, I don't see how he'd have standing Tongue

In any event, there are a couple easy solutions to this.  Find a some dude named Pat Roberts...or better still, if the courts rule that they must name a replacement, they can simply stall until the ballots have been printed.  Just say, they're still reviewing possible candidates or something and never actually do anything of the sort.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2014, 12:49:07 PM »

What X said.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »

In any event, there are a couple easy solutions to this.  Find a some dude named Pat Roberts
This would be all sorts of brilliant. Would love to see the look on Kris Kobach's face and see how he'd try to squirm his way out of that one!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2014, 02:30:45 PM »

In any event, there are a couple easy solutions to this.
 ... better still, if the courts rule that they must name a replacement, they can simply stall until the ballots have been printed.  Just say, they're still reviewing possible candidates or something and never actually do anything of the sort.

Agree.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2014, 03:11:25 PM »

All this sound and fury over something that signifies next to nothing. Sure the polls now show having a Dem name on the ballot helps Roberts some, but that is now. Does anyone really think many Dems will vote for a non candidate come November out of ignorance, with all the publicity and whatnot? I certainly don't. I also don't think by November Orman will have a prayer of winning in Kansas either, unless perhaps he promises to caucus with the Pubs. Otherwise, the message will be that a vote for Orman equals a vote for Reid, and if he denies that, then why is he keeping that open as a possibility by playing his cards close to the vest as to whom he will caucus?  If the Dems plan on this seat being the one that holds their control of the Senate, they are in deep, deep trouble on that one methinks.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2014, 06:22:21 PM »

All this sound and fury over something that signifies next to nothing. Sure the polls now show having a Dem name on the ballot helps Roberts some, but that is now. Does anyone really think many Dems will vote for a non candidate come November out of ignorance, with all the publicity and whatnot? I certainly don't. I also don't think by November Orman will have a prayer of winning in Kansas either, unless perhaps he promises to caucus with the Pubs. Otherwise, the message will be that a vote for Orman equals a vote for Reid, and if he denies that, then why is he keeping that open as a possibility by playing his cards close to the vest as to whom he will caucus?  If the Dems plan on this seat being the one that holds their control of the Senate, they are in deep, deep trouble on that one methinks.

I think BOTH parties fully understand this race could easily be decided by the few % of voters who'd vote Taylor if he's on the ballot on the Democratic line, hence the intense battle over the matter.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2014, 07:01:07 PM »

Democrats are not relying on this seat for control, Republicans having to spend money here, rather than in blue states means is incentive enough to put Roberts on defense.
KCDem

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2014, 07:24:43 PM »

Anyone who thinks Orman has no chance is a right-wing hack. [/thread]
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies