Clinton/Crist vs. Republican.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:57:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton/Crist vs. Republican.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton/Crist vs. Republican.  (Read 918 times)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 23, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »

Hillary Clinton picks Florida Governor Charlie Crist (If he will win in November) for VP.
Maps?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 02:46:02 PM »

Oh hell no.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 09:25:55 PM »

Crist's a risky pick. He helps in a swing state Republicans really need, and can be an attack dog. But he can also make the Clintons look like shameless opportunists.

It would largely come down to the Republican nominee, and the state of the nation.
If the economy's doing well, the Obama administration had a major foreign policy victory, and Ted Cruz runs a turn out the base campaign, it could be an ass-kicking against Republicans.

Clinton/ Crist- 401 Electoral Votes
Cruz/ Jindal- 137 Electoral Votes

If the economy takes a hit, and the Obama administration has a scandal, it could be the Republican's best showing since Papa Bush got elected.

Mitt Romney/ Nikki Haley- 305 Electoral Votes
Hillary Clinton/ Charlie Crist- 233 Electoral Votes

If Crist is worth a few points in Florida, that could make in a difference in a close election. Republicans could win Ohio, Virginia, Pennylvania and Colorado, and it still won't be enough.

Hillary Clinton/ Charlie Crist- 272 Electoral Votes, 47%
John Kasich/ Condoleeza Rice- 266 Electoral Votes, 50%

Florida will be an interesting state for Hillary. She'll likely do better among older white voters, and the increasing number of Hispanics would be advantageous for the Democrats. It's still the closest state Romney lost, and lower black turnout would be especially harmful in a 16% African American state.
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 08:01:00 AM »

Is this a serious thread? I didn't see the sarcasm font.

The odds of the face of the Democratic Party picking a guy who held office as a Republican for the ticket are zero. Not slim, or even microscopic--zero.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 11:06:48 AM »

I can see Crist as credible for several of the more liberal non-Clinton candidates as a VP nominee, but the reality is Hillary probably doesn't need him, and even if she did, he'd be too risky for a more moderate candidate like Hillary.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 11:26:24 AM »

lol
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 11:15:11 PM »

The odds of the face of the Democratic Party picking a guy who held office as a Republican for the ticket are zero. Not slim, or even microscopic--zero.

Crist comes from the most populated swing state in the country, a state Obama won narrowly in 2012.

And he would fit a campaign theme that is useful for Democrats (Those Republicans are just too extreme. )

He's not Hillary's likeliest running mate, but he's probably one of the officeholders who has a shot at it.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 11:24:17 PM »

Crist comes from the most populated swing state in the country, a state Obama won narrowly in 2012.

And he would fit a campaign theme that is useful for Democrats (Those Republicans are just too extreme. )

He's not Hillary's likeliest running mate, but he's probably one of the officeholders who has a shot at it.

Yeah no.  Democrats have some concerns about Hillary being too moderate and they need a liberal veep that they can support. Democrats are also pretty unlikely to support a guy who said he was a reagan conservative and who said Palin would be a better president than Obama.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 07:50:02 AM »

If she picks Crist, I will vote against her.  I don't care who is running against her.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 09:42:37 AM »

Yeah no.  Democrats have some concerns about Hillary being too moderate and they need a liberal veep that they can support. Democrats are also pretty unlikely to support a guy who said he was a reagan conservative and who said Palin would be a better president than Obama.
If Democrats had some concerns about Hillary being too moderate, that would come out in the primary.

The running mate comes for the General Election where the strategy is more complex (increasing base turnout without scaring swing voters, and sending Republicans out in record numbers.)
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 07:30:43 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2014, 07:34:44 PM by Wolverine22 »

Honestly I feel bad for Floridians in 2014 having to chose between Chain Gang Charlie and the corrupt, evil man that currently occupies the Governor's mansion. I'd hold my nose and vote for Hillary in that case, just like I'd vote for Crist out of disgust 6 weeks from now if I lived in Florida.

My Floridian grandmother liked him even as a Republican, but I just think he's a blatant opportunist who would say and do anything to get elected. If the polls showed that the voters wanted an alien spaceship to land on the Capitol lawn, he'd promise that. If the polls showed voters wanted Crist to pull down his pants and moon Rick Scott at the debate, he'd probably do that too. He doesn't care what he has to do do get it or what party he has to be, he just doesn't like that he's been out of power for four years and will say whatever is necessary to get into office to satisfy his ego. And that, my friends, disgusts me.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 08:39:52 PM »

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 10:27:49 PM »

If Democrats had some concerns about Hillary being too moderate, that would come out in the primary.

The running mate comes for the General Election where the strategy is more complex (increasing base turnout without scaring swing voters, and sending Republicans out in record numbers.)

It's pretty hard for any Democrat to beat Clinton, nearly impossible actually, but choosing an opportunist that few people like that would create dissatisfaction across the base is a very bad choice.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies