PA-2016: Sestak files candidacy for rematch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:19:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA-2016: Sestak files candidacy for rematch
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: PA-2016: Sestak files candidacy for rematch  (Read 6368 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2014, 02:34:54 PM »

Link.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 02:36:55 PM »

moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 02:37:44 PM »

Not a surprise, but a little early?

According to this link, Toomey has around $5 million Cash on Hand. Sestak has around $1.2 million.

I think a rematch is pretty plausible.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 02:39:15 PM »

Marvelous news! Cheesy
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 02:49:34 PM »

Congrats Senator Sestak
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 03:00:27 PM »

Wonderful news! Toomey better get his supple little bum ready, because I'm predicting a thorough spanking here.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 03:02:12 PM »

Yea Toomey is scaring off all the serious challengers, so I guess this is understandable *smirk smirk*
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 03:13:52 PM »

Toomey actually been one of the good guys on the GOP side. Sestak should move to West Virginia.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 03:20:54 PM »

Yea Toomey is scaring off all the serious challengers, so I guess this is understandable *smirk smirk*

Republicans underestimate Sestak at their own peril. Let's not forget he only lost 51-49 in a midterm year that happened to be the biggest Republican landslide in decades. 2016 will be a presidential year, with Hillary very likely to carry the state (and will most likely outperform Obama's 2012 margin).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 03:22:58 PM »

Republicans underestimate Sestak at their own peril. Let's not forget he only lost 51-49 in a midterm year that happened to be the biggest Republican landslide in decades. 2016 will be a presidential year, with Hillary very likely to carry the state (and will most likely outperform Obama's 2012 margin).

He's also, already, significantly behind in terms of money. I'm sure the Democratic Machine will lower that advantage Toomey has significantly, but that stuff matters, and Toomey certainly has made ground with moderates and independents since 2010 (when he ran as severely conservative).
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 03:26:30 PM »

Should Republicans worry about winning races this year before declaring races in 2016 safe? If Republicans manage to win the Senate, then all of the blue state seats they hold in the 2016 cycle are not going to be anywhere close to being safe.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 03:29:59 PM »

He's also, already, significantly behind in terms of money. I'm sure the Democratic Machine will lower that advantage Toomey has significantly, but that stuff matters, and Toomey certainly has made ground with moderates and independents since 2010 (when he ran as severely conservative).

Yup, for sure. Unlike the empty suit teabagger Ron Johnson, Toomey has actually made some effort to try to get re-elected in a blue state. Which is why the race will be a toss up rather than tilt/lean D.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2014, 03:32:02 PM »

Should Republicans worry about winning races this year before declaring races in 2016 safe? If Republicans manage to win the Senate, then all of the blue state seats they hold in the 2016 cycle are not going to be anywhere close to being safe.

Obviously you're too dumb to tell from the *smirk smirk* that I was kidding.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2014, 03:38:44 PM »

It's hard to tell with Republicans and overconfidence. And oh, the name calling is not necessary and has been reported. It's really not necessary to call anyone dumb, it's just rude.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 03:42:54 PM »

It's hard to tell with Republicans and overconfidence. And oh, the name calling is not necessary and has been reported. It's really not necessary to call anyone dumb, it's just rude.

k
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 04:21:12 PM »

This has been known for awhile. Him making it "official official" really isn't news. Tongue

A Republican incumbent also shouldn't be underestimated: the last time a Republican incumbent Senator won in a massive GOP wave midterm by two points, he was re-elected during a Presidential election year by a wider margin and actually ran ahead of the Dem Presidential nominee who won the state. And also note that that GOP incumbent was far more polarizing than the current one. Far more. Wink

Now I know we'll get the "Rahhhhh but Klink was so weak!" which has been disproven but even if that's true, let's not act like we know what 2016 will be like yet. 

Smiley
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 04:25:04 PM »

It's so much fun to see Dr. Scholl worried Cheesy
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 04:26:48 PM »

Worried about what? I'm not worried about anything, since my predictions were very good in 2012.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 04:28:57 PM »

Worried about what? I'm not worried about anything, since my predictions were very good in 2012.

Then, since you are such a good predictor, you know Republicans are soon to take the Senate.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2014, 04:31:35 PM »

This has been known for awhile. Him making it "official official" really isn't news. Tongue

A Republican incumbent also shouldn't be underestimated: the last time a Republican incumbent Senator won in a massive GOP wave midterm by two points, he was re-elected during a Presidential election year by a wider margin and actually ran ahead of the Dem Presidential nominee who won the state. And also note that that GOP incumbent was far more polarizing than the current one. Far more. Wink

Now I know we'll get the "Rahhhhh but Klink was so weak!" which has been disproven but even if that's true, let's not act like we know what 2016 will be like yet. 

Smiley

Point taken, but I've never underestimated Toomey. This race is going to be a dogfight.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2014, 04:33:50 PM »

Then, since you are such a good predictor, you know Republicans are soon to take the Senate.

That's your prediction, not mine.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2014, 04:43:57 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2014, 04:48:49 PM by OC »

[/quote]

The Dems should be good enough to hold the senate.

Races in CO, IA, AK and La are outstanding. But, remember, latinos in CO will be pivitol and the blks will be pivitol in La. They will vote early and we should run up the score in early voting.

As for Pa, good to have our top recruit getting in early, Pa will be key insenate contol for us.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2014, 05:55:07 PM »

Sestak will for sure be the nominee, and he is in a good position to win the General Election in 2016.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2014, 05:56:07 PM »

I thought he filed in 2011 Tongue.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 05:58:22 PM »

Shouldn't you be worried about holding control of the Senate in 2014 before declaring Toomey dead on arrival? You are starting to become a self-parody.

Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies