Confirmation Hearing: SirNick for Game Moderator (Confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:34:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: SirNick for Game Moderator (Confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: SirNick for Game Moderator (Confirmed)  (Read 1738 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 07:06:55 PM »

I hate to step on the administration's toes as I know pickings are very slim and confirmation hearings have been a farce for the administration as of late, but I'm amazed at the laxness in all of this. If I didn't know any better, I'd say there was a partisan element in who gets confirmed and who doesn't.
Yep. Clearly, such anti-Labor hacks as Bore, Cynic, Polnut, and Cranberry only want to confirm Sirnick due to their partisan bias.

Anyway, Sirnick, will you give cost analyses for specific pieces of legislation? If so, how will you calculate your cost estimates?

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 08:25:35 PM »

I apologize about the tone of my previous remarks, SirNick. I reacted in a way that was unbecoming of my position and largely reflected my own partisanship in a manner that isn't productive in the least to helping us confirm a Game Moderator who can rebuild that position in the wake of the utter ruin of it by said position being transformed into a political hot potato by a certain former Game Moderator.

You'll have my full support when the vote for confirmation comes, for what it's worth.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 01:03:11 AM »
« Edited: September 23, 2014, 01:12:20 AM by Senator Polnut »

So we have a nominee who served all of one month as GM prior, who has admitted that he very well may only serve one month again, has admitted that he'll be absent for one-quarter of that time period and people are chomping at the bit to confirm him? Man, I wish I could have had a confirmation hearing this easy. Tongue

I hate to step on the administration's toes as I know pickings are very slim and confirmation hearings have been a farce for the administration as of late, but I'm amazed at the laxness in all of this. If I didn't know any better, I'd say there was a partisan element in who gets confirmed and who doesn't.

Would you like the job again?

We need an active GM - SirNick has given assurances he will be in place for this term at least. If he doesn't keep to his word, there will be long-term consequences for that.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 02:39:08 AM »

Is that an invitation to apply? Tongue Only if I didn't have to go through a fourth confirmation hearing.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 06:40:53 AM »

Adam was a great GM. If he wants it, I'd step aside.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 08:23:20 AM »

sh**t, why didn't you guys tell me I still had the June 2014 logo in my signature? Gonna get rid of it now.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2014, 12:59:19 PM »

When can we get a vote going?

sh**t, why didn't you guys tell me I still had the June 2014 logo in my signature? Gonna get rid of it now.

I have signatures turned off so I didn't notice.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 01:54:14 PM »

When can we get a vote going?

I have signatures turned off so I didn't notice.

I do too. I saw it when I was logged out.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2014, 06:03:50 PM »

I have had the same signature since 2012. Tongue
So we have a nominee who served all of one month as GM prior, who has admitted that he very well may only serve one month again, has admitted that he'll be absent for one-quarter of that time period and people are chomping at the bit to confirm him? Man, I wish I could have had a confirmation hearing this easy. Tongue

Dude, we are questioning the man, it is not as if the gushing support has come at the expense of such not occurring. I would like to think have taken the same hard line all the way through since you complained in July. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2014, 06:37:58 PM »

Dude, we are questioning the man, it is not as if the gushing support has come at the expense of such not occurring. I would like to think have taken the same hard line all the way through since you complained in July. Tongue

Well I mean, someone else managed to slide through such strict perimeters after that. Tongue

I just ideally want someone who's going to commit to the task and do the job fairly. It seems so little to ask. But I'll have to tack on to my original request:

Is that an invitation to apply? Tongue Only if I didn't have to go through a fourth confirmation hearing.

The Senate would also need to ban Simfan from the game.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 06:48:51 PM »

Well I mean, someone else managed to slide through such strict perimeters after that. Tongue

I only control one vote in these things, unlike some of your friends who think otherwise regarding themselves. Tongue Also, the mechanics of the game as a msall population come into play with things like a beloved figure like Torie.

I just ideally want someone who's going to commit to the task and do the job fairly. It seems so little to ask. But I'll have to tack on to my original request:

[/quote]

Is that legal.

I have suggested banning people who ignore the GM but no one ever responds to the suggestion enough to discuss legalities.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2014, 06:58:42 PM »

More than 72 have passed, Senators, so a vote is now open on SirNick's confirmation. Please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2014, 08:20:23 PM »

Aye.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2014, 08:21:48 PM »

I only control one vote in these things, unlike some of your friends who think otherwise regarding themselves. Tongue Also, the mechanics of the game as a msall population come into play with things like a beloved figure like Torie.

Is that legal.

I have suggested banning people who ignore the GM but no one ever responds to the suggestion enough to discuss legalities.

I won't tell if you won't. Tongue
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »

Aye
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2014, 11:58:19 PM »

Aye
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2014, 07:38:36 AM »

Aye
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2014, 07:42:11 AM »

AYE
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2014, 07:54:00 AM »

Aye
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2014, 09:49:18 AM »

Aye
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2014, 07:13:31 PM »

On normal circumstances I would refrain from closing the vote until we had more votes, but we do have a majority here and it's urgent for Atlasia to have the GM working as soon as possible.

Aye (7)Sad PPT Lumine, Senator Cynic, Senator Cranberry, Senator Bore, Senator Polnut, Senator Cassius and Senator TNF.
Nay (0)Sad
Abstained (0)Sad

Not Voting (3)Sad Senator Deus, Senator Yankee and Senator JCL.

SirNick is confirmed as Game Moderator of Atlasia. Congratulations!

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2014, 11:36:28 AM »

Thanks! I will swear in later tonight and post updates soon after that.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2014, 12:32:53 PM »

Aye for the record but Yankee and Deus should be heard too.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2014, 06:25:15 PM »

AYE ftr

I agree with the need for speed here. We got bills that need his assistance on immediately.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies