What is the main purpose of Atlas Forum?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:41:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is the main purpose of Atlas Forum?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Analysis and discussion of political trends and demographics

Debate over political issues and other current events

Creation and proliferation of maps

Update

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: What is the main purpose of Atlas Forum?  (Read 1759 times)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 01:00:06 PM »

You'll come for the maps but stay to see the creepy images of random dudes kissing Hillary Clinton's face.

Bill, you better watch out.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 02:47:51 PM »

Option 3
Option 1
Option 2

In that order, the update is like a parasitic growth that needs to be cut away, but never will be Sad  Atlasia exists largely to boost the egos of certain unnamed individuals and (imo) has a way of bringing out the worst in people, but it's self-contained enough that it isn't really a problem the way the update is.  Honestly, the update would be tolerable if it were all contained in one thread.  This could be done by restraint on the part of Jeff's groupies, the forum community mods simply merging all update-related threads into one super-thread, or even creating a sub-board under the forum community board for the update.  While I don't approve of it, my issue with it is more that I can't simply put it on ignore.  There are posters like Snowstalker or Krazen who really bother me, but I can just hit ignore and never give them another thought.  However, the update-related threads are always clogging the arteries of the FC board, so to speak.

What else is there on the forum community board that is actually worth looking at though?

That said, I do support the creation of an Update sub-board.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 04:23:50 PM »

Option 3
Option 1
Option 2

In that order, the update is like a parasitic growth that needs to be cut away, but never will be Sad  Atlasia exists largely to boost the egos of certain unnamed individuals and (imo) has a way of bringing out the worst in people, but it's self-contained enough that it isn't really a problem the way the update is.  Honestly, the update would be tolerable if it were all contained in one thread.  This could be done by restraint on the part of Jeff's groupies, the forum community mods simply merging all update-related threads into one super-thread, or even creating a sub-board under the forum community board for the update.  While I don't approve of it, my issue with it is more that I can't simply put it on ignore.  There are posters like Snowstalker or Krazen who really bother me, but I can just hit ignore and never give them another thought.  However, the update-related threads are always clogging the arteries of the FC board, so to speak.

What else is there on the forum community board that is actually worth looking at though?

Eh, a little bit of this, a little bit of that.  The point is that the status quo makes it hard for folks who don't care for the update to avoid it.  I can only speak for myself, but given that the update isn't going anywhere whether I like it or not, an update sub-board makes the most sense.  It's a win-win for both sides, the updaters keep the update and everyone else can just ignore it.  So we kind of agree, albeit likely for different reasons.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 05:00:14 PM »

I like where this is going!  Perhaps we can do Russ Powers v. Bushie's Navy Brother and discuss, or we can do the GOP vote in Braum's counties.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2014, 05:09:07 PM »

it is my firm belief that update keeps this forum going during the slow periods.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 06:55:34 PM »

Looks like a solid victory for Update. I wonder if Dave Leip ever reads it?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 06:56:53 PM »

Looks like a solid victory for Update. I wonder if Dave Leip ever reads it?

I've always hoped he would guest star.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 07:02:47 PM »

it is my firm belief that update keeps this forum going during the slow periods.

Without the advertising revenue brought by page visits to read Update, the Atlas Forum would not be financially sustainable outside of election season.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2014, 08:20:07 PM »

Without the advertising revenue brought by page visits to read Update, the Atlas Forum would not be financially sustainable outside of election season.

There are plenty of threads just on the FC board alone (let alone the rest of the forum) that have many more page views than any recent season of Update.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2014, 08:28:15 PM »

Option 3
Option 1
Option 2

Eh, a little bit of this, a little bit of that.  The point is that the status quo makes it hard for folks who don't care for the update to avoid it.  I can only speak for myself, but given that the update isn't going anywhere whether I like it or not, an update sub-board makes the most sense.  It's a win-win for both sides, the updaters keep the update and everyone else can just ignore it.  So we kind of agree, albeit likely for different reasons.
At this point, I think I'm ready to join the "Ban Bushie" camp.  Hopefully he would start his own message board and the bullies can all leave here (because ya know, Update is the only reason some of them are here) and still get their bully fix.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2014, 08:31:21 PM »

Option 3
Option 1
Option 2

At this point, I think I'm ready to join the "Ban Bushie" camp.  Hopefully he would start his own message board and the bullies can all leave here (because ya know, Update is the only reason some of them are here) and still get their bully fix.

I'm already in that camp, but honestly, I highly doubt that is gonna happen.  If it was, he'd have been banned by now.  So a sub-board is the next best solution.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2014, 11:34:51 PM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2014, 10:35:47 AM »

Gay pickup joint.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2014, 10:44:07 AM »

Oh come on Grumps Tongue,

A hook up between members of this forum has probably never happened, or really rarely Tongue.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2014, 01:29:16 PM »

Pushing liberal propaganda and resorting to personal attacks when anyone disagrees.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2014, 02:16:30 AM »

I'm already in that camp, but honestly, I highly doubt that is gonna happen.  If it was, he'd have been banned by now.  So a sub-board is the next best solution.

Dave will never create an Update sub-board.

The only hope for an Update sub-board is to take over a currently inactive board.  May I suggest 2010 House Election Polls (moderator: Joe Republic)?  Or better yet, Town Hall (moderator: Al)?  Tongue
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2014, 03:55:19 AM »

The only hope for an Update sub-board is to take over a currently inactive board.  May I suggest 2010 House Election Polls (moderator: Joe Republic)?  Or better yet, Town Hall (moderator: Al)?  Tongue

Taking over an election related board of any kind would be wrong on principle, even if its a marginal and fairly useless one.

Town Hall actually sounds perfect.
Al is no longer active a a mod so it would be de facto unmoderated - I think that's OK, but some may have a problem with it.
So maybe Eraserhead should try to set up the next Update thread on the Town Hall subboard.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2014, 04:03:02 AM »

Taking over an election related board of any kind would be wrong on principle, even if its a marginal and fairly useless one.

Al is no longer active a a mod so it would be de facto unmoderated - I think that's OK, but some may have a problem with it.
So maybe Eraserhead should try to set up the next Update thread on the Town Hall subboard.

I was joking about that.  Al still has mod powers over that board and is anti-Update, so he'd probably delete any Update threads that popped up there on principle.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2014, 04:21:26 AM »

I was joking about that.  Al still has mod powers over that board and is anti-Update, so he'd probably delete any Update threads that popped up there on principle.

Yeah, I thought about that, but didnt really think he would care enough anymore.

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2014, 04:29:58 AM »

Mock parliament is a possibility too, with Bacon King as a mod it should be OK.

Survivor would of course be the perfect board regarding the title!!! And bigbadfab has left the forum, so its unmoderated, but unfortunately the occasional survivior thread still pops up. Still, we could call it "Real life Oklahoma survivor". Only one contestant!

Nah, seriously I would be in favour of taking over Mock parliament - that would make the most sense.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies