What is the main purpose of Atlas Forum? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:10:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is the main purpose of Atlas Forum? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Analysis and discussion of political trends and demographics

Debate over political issues and other current events

Creation and proliferation of maps

Update

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: What is the main purpose of Atlas Forum?  (Read 1787 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 20, 2014, 11:34:53 PM »

1 is the correct answer.....but it's 2 for me.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 11:49:32 PM »

and the place would be 1000 times better...okay, that's hyperbole....150 times better if everybody voting Update would just GTFO.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 08:28:15 PM »

Option 3
Option 1
Option 2

In that order, the update is like a parasitic growth that needs to be cut away, but never will be Sad  Atlasia exists largely to boost the egos of certain unnamed individuals and (imo) has a way of bringing out the worst in people, but it's self-contained enough that it isn't really a problem the way the update is.  Honestly, the update would be tolerable if it were all contained in one thread.  This could be done by restraint on the part of Jeff's groupies, the forum community mods simply merging all update-related threads into one super-thread, or even creating a sub-board under the forum community board for the update.  While I don't approve of it, my issue with it is more that I can't simply put it on ignore.  There are posters like Snowstalker or Krazen who really bother me, but I can just hit ignore and never give them another thought.  However, the update-related threads are always clogging the arteries of the FC board, so to speak.

What else is there on the forum community board that is actually worth looking at though?

That said, I do support the creation of an Update sub-board.

Eh, a little bit of this, a little bit of that.  The point is that the status quo makes it hard for folks who don't care for the update to avoid it.  I can only speak for myself, but given that the update isn't going anywhere whether I like it or not, an update sub-board makes the most sense.  It's a win-win for both sides, the updaters keep the update and everyone else can just ignore it.  So we kind of agree, albeit likely for different reasons.
At this point, I think I'm ready to join the "Ban Bushie" camp.  Hopefully he would start his own message board and the bullies can all leave here (because ya know, Update is the only reason some of them are here) and still get their bully fix.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies