NE1: Budget Sanity Amendment (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:52:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE1: Budget Sanity Amendment (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE1: Budget Sanity Amendment (Failed)  (Read 553 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: September 23, 2014, 04:43:48 PM »
« edited: September 23, 2014, 06:51:14 PM by Deus Naturae »

I agree with Governor Talleyrand's sentiments. The balanced budget amendment restricts the government and stunts the development of our region by creating an unnecessary limit on how much we can spend. I trust the people enough to elect a fiscally responsible government that will not go overboard, so I support this amendment.
The People might be quicker to elect fiscally irresponsible politicians if those politicians are granted the power to make future generations pay for their irresponsibility. Most people don't care if their government goes overboard on spending, as long as they don't have to pay for it.

Also, deficit spending might make the game more interesting, but it would also make it a lot more complicated. How do you plan on incorporating government bonds, interest payments, and creditors?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies