The People's Party October Convention - Final comments
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:42:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party October Convention - Final comments
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: The People's Party October Convention - Final comments  (Read 3751 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »

[√] Yes (despite serious reservations about #11)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2014, 07:47:53 PM »

Aye.

I also have serious reservations about #11. I don't believe we should make it harder for people to come back. I think that is a big mistake.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2014, 07:55:26 PM »

Aye
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2014, 07:55:43 PM »

For whatever reason, the only time I see people de-register is after a heated argument when everyone is upset. I think if we are to have it in place, it needs to have harsh consequences merely so people won't use it to prove a point.

Maybe that's just me though. I don't care either way honestly. If I leave the game, I doubt I will de-register. I'll just disappear into the sunset.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2014, 07:56:54 PM »

Aye on the platform
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2014, 08:29:35 PM »

For whatever reason, the only time I see people de-register is after a heated argument when everyone is upset. I think if we are to have it in place, it needs to have harsh consequences merely so people won't use it to prove a point.

Maybe that's just me though. I don't care either way honestly. If I leave the game, I doubt I will de-register. I'll just disappear into the sunset.

Sometimes people de-register because they just need a break and I really don't think they should be punished with year-long banishment for that.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2014, 08:40:27 PM »

Sometimes people de-register because they just need a break and I really don't think they should be punished with year-long banishment for that.

They don't need to de-register... Most of the time, it's usually out of some kind of tantrum. If you definitely don't want to come back, de-register. But if you intend to return, maintain a base level of activity ie voting (the ONLY thing you need to do). It really isn't that hard.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2014, 08:41:05 PM »

I propose this Platform to the Convention for its approval.

Please mark an [X] in the box of your choice.

• Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Abstain
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2014, 09:42:49 PM »

They don't need to de-register... Most of the time, it's usually out of some kind of tantrum. If you definitely don't want to come back, de-register. But if you intend to return, maintain a base level of activity ie voting (the ONLY thing you need to do). It really isn't that hard.

If you're going to punish people for de-registering, then you can't punish them for missing elections IMO.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2014, 09:50:45 PM »

I'm fine with being punished for missing 3 straight elections. It's not like we punish you for missing one.

I'd be OK with doing away with de-registration entirely. I mean, if you need a break, take one. I took a year long break after the RPP disbanded and I didn't de-register. No one threw me a parade or a going away party either (which I am still kind of upset over), but it all worked out in the end.

If you need a break, take out, by all means, but you shouldn't need to de-register if you anticipate returning in a month or two. We are all big, handsome adults that our mothers raised properly. We can do it! And if you do decide to take the poison pill of de-registration, there should be consequences.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2014, 11:38:33 PM »

Aye for the platform
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2014, 11:43:44 PM »

Aye for the platform.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2014, 12:29:33 AM »

Aye on the platform
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2014, 05:38:34 AM »

Yes, obviously. The changes make sense.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2014, 09:44:25 AM »

AYE
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2014, 09:48:35 AM »

I know of people who de-registered when taking a break because they didn't want to get flooded with GOTV PMs when they weren't too involved in Atlasia.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2014, 04:58:22 PM »

It's really not that difficult... delete them. De-registration should be a big deal.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2014, 08:01:48 PM »

The period for the vote has ended and the platform has been passed.

----

I would like to thank all of you, party members new, old and returned for your engagement in this convention. I would primarily like to thank my Vice Chair Oakvale for his tireless work on the platform and the support he has given me.

This party has been accused of many things, but this convention has shown that this is not a personality cult, but a party of committed Atlasians, who have now voted on a set of clear goals and principles to guide this party into the future.

We have come a long way since our return only a short time ago. We now have representation in all levels of Atlasian government, up to and including our first TPP President.

But this party is about more than winning the most seats. This party is not a traditional broad-church, but it does embrace a broad set of people who are committed to basic principles. Individual liberty, a strong safety net, a smart and efficient military, addressing climate change and supporting thriving regions is what we are about.

We are driven by best-evidence and best-practice, not ideology. We believe in aiming for the future with open eyes and a heart full of optimism.

This convention has set us on the right path and let us continue together to achieve those victories we need to set our country on its right path but also to ensure we do it in the correct way, without concern for exhausted arguments and preoccupations.

Thank you all again and the work begins anew tomorrow.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2014, 08:53:53 AM »

Aye!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length