The People's Party October Convention - Final comments (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:04:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party October Convention - Final comments (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Party October Convention - Final comments  (Read 3768 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 04, 2014, 07:19:36 AM »

x X
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 08:42:10 PM »

This all looks good to me, with one exception.  I want to thank Chairman Polnut, Vice-Chairman Oakvale, and everyone else who helped draft this fine document for all of their hard work.  My one concern is that a year may be a bit too long for de-registration to remain in effect.  Sometimes folks simply need a break and I don't know that they should be punished so harshly for that.  However, I think a year-long de-registration is definitely appropriate for anyone who de-registers while holding an elected or appointed office.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »

[√] Yes (despite serious reservations about #11)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 08:29:35 PM »

For whatever reason, the only time I see people de-register is after a heated argument when everyone is upset. I think if we are to have it in place, it needs to have harsh consequences merely so people won't use it to prove a point.

Maybe that's just me though. I don't care either way honestly. If I leave the game, I doubt I will de-register. I'll just disappear into the sunset.

Sometimes people de-register because they just need a break and I really don't think they should be punished with year-long banishment for that.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 09:48:35 AM »

For whatever reason, the only time I see people de-register is after a heated argument when everyone is upset. I think if we are to have it in place, it needs to have harsh consequences merely so people won't use it to prove a point.

Maybe that's just me though. I don't care either way honestly. If I leave the game, I doubt I will de-register. I'll just disappear into the sunset.

Sometimes people de-register because they just need a break and I really don't think they should be punished with year-long banishment for that.

They don't need to de-register... Most of the time, it's usually out of some kind of tantrum. If you definitely don't want to come back, de-register. But if you intend to return, maintain a base level of activity ie voting (the ONLY thing you need to do). It really isn't that hard.

I know of people who de-registered when taking a break because they didn't want to get flooded with GOTV PMs when they weren't too involved in Atlasia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies