The People's Party October Convention - Final comments (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:02:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party October Convention - Final comments (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Party October Convention - Final comments  (Read 3805 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: October 04, 2014, 06:40:23 AM »

xSJoyce
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 12:47:32 PM »

Fellow party members,

I'll keep this brief, since Lumine covered most of everything that needs to be said. I've been a long-time member of this party, and believe that The People's Party has proven itself to play a critical role in this country's politics over the past several months. It's been members of TPP who have been critical of the administration's less-than-wise policies, and it's been members of TPP who have been critical of the occasional insanity proposed by the Hiflys of the world. The People's Party has always been a party about The People, and I'm a part of this party because we're not about toeing the party line, and we're not about petty partisan fights. This is a party about doing what's right for The People.

I'm asking for your endorsement for our ticket because this is a ticket that holds the interests of The People at heart. I have full faith and confidence in Lumine's ability to lead this country, like he has the Senate, through the troubled times we now face. He'll be an active and engaged President in pressing for common-sense policies, and I agreed to be his running mate because he's someone we can count on to represent The People. We'd be honored to have y'all's endorsement.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 07:17:38 PM »

ENDORSEMENT BALLOT

President and Vice President

[2] Marokai/Antonio V (Labor)
[1] Lumine/Sjoyce (Federalist/TPP)
[3] Poirot/TBD (Independent)
[ ] Write In:
[ ] Abstain

Northeast Governor - Sawx automatically endorsed
[ ] Write in:

Northeast Senator - MattVT automatically endorsed
[ ] Write in:

Pacific Senator - Cranberry automatically endorsed
[ ] Write in:

xx Senator -
[ ]  Write in:

xx Governor -
[ ] Write in:
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 11:41:22 AM »

I understand the President's concerns, but I'm personally very comfortable with the language. There is evil in the world, just not of the biblical kind.

Yet still, who are we it determine what is evil and what is good?
(I guess this is taking a bit of a too philosophical turn, so forget my objections) 

I'd assume there are certain basic moral and ethical principles that we can use to pretty clearly determine who is evil, based on our abolition of the slave trade, this resolution, the Nuremberg Charter, the United Nations Charter, the Rome Statute, and the World Summit Outcome Document. There are obviously going to be some grey cases, but we can point to places like Darfur, Rwanda, and Iraq and say that those are places where evil happened.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 07:55:26 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies