Who will win in Arkansas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:39:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who will win in Arkansas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: You know the drill
Mark Pryor

Tom Cotton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Who will win in Arkansas?  (Read 2647 times)
Panda Express

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2014, 07:33:45 PM »

Cotton, by just outside of the margin of error. He's the definition of a GOP hack so he'll certainly be terrible to have in the Senate, but if it means knocking off Pryor, then so be it.

Cotton, and Democrats won't compete for a Senate seat in Arkansas again for a long time.
Don't be so sure on that. If Beebe chooses to run in 2016 and he just might if Hillary chooses to run for President, then Boozman could be in serious trouble for re-election. PPP had Beebe leading 46-40. He's so dang popular all while Boozman has failed to make a name for himself among his base that a Democratic win could very well happen. If he opts not to run though, then I agree our chances of winning this seat are very slim.

Beebe will be 70 years old in 2016. It seems really unlikely he'll run in what would be a tough race and I don't know why people always suggest him. Same with Beshear in Kentucky. I could be wrong, but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2014, 07:37:34 PM »

Cotton, and Democrats won't compete for a Senate seat in Arkansas again for a long time.

Don't be so sure about that...

You must be logged in to read this quote.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 07:39:28 PM »

Cotton, by just outside of the margin of error. He's the definition of a GOP hack so he'll certainly be terrible to have in the Senate, but if it means knocking off Pryor, then so be it.

Don't be so sure on that. If Beebe chooses to run in 2016 and he just might if Hillary chooses to run for President, then Boozman could be in serious trouble for re-election. PPP had Beebe leading 46-40. He's so dang popular all while Boozman has failed to make a name for himself among his base that a Democratic win could very well happen. If he opts not to run though, then I agree our chances of winning this seat are very slim.

Beebe will be 70 years old in 2016. It seems really unlikely he'll run in what would be a tough race and I don't know why people always suggest him. Same with Beshear in Kentucky. I could be wrong, but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath.

That didn't stop Tommy Thompson.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 07:43:26 PM »

New PPP poll basically shows this race moving to Lean R. Cotton probably wins by a healthy margin.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2014, 08:36:30 PM »

Cotton.
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2014, 08:39:20 PM »

If I were 18 I'd vote for Pryor, but Cotton will still most likely win.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 02:13:49 AM »

Hopefully Cotton. We need less fossils in the government if you ask me.

So I presume you're supporting Gregory the Gallant in Kansas?

I have mixed feelings about Greg Orman. He sounds like a Democrat in Independent's clothing, but he seems at least more moderate than other Democrats. I'd feel safer if he promised not to caucus with either party in the Senate, assuming that's allowed.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 10:29:30 AM »

Probably Cotton.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 04:02:42 PM »

I have mixed feelings about Greg Orman. He sounds like a Democrat in Independent's clothing, but he seems at least more moderate than other Democrats. I'd feel safer if he promised not to caucus with either party in the Senate, assuming that's allowed.

It's allowed, but that would mean getting either no committee assignments or just really bad ones which would tend to make one a terribly ineffective senator.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 04:03:56 PM »

Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2014, 05:42:47 PM »

It's allowed, but that would mean getting either no committee assignments or just really bad ones which would tend to make one a terribly ineffective senator.

So it's allowed but discouraged? Washington was right about the perils of political parties, it seems.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2014, 02:53:15 PM »

Cotton, the Republican JFK.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2014, 05:05:32 PM »

So it's allowed but discouraged? Washington was right about the perils of political parties, it seems.

That Oregon Senator tried it for a spell after he left the GOP in the 1950's but eventually he just joined the Democrats. He literally put a folding chair in between the two sides of the chamber.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies