What 2015 Election are you most looking forward to? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:34:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  What 2015 Election are you most looking forward to? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
England

Canada

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: What 2015 Election are you most looking forward to?  (Read 6184 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: September 23, 2014, 06:03:32 PM »
« edited: September 23, 2014, 06:31:39 PM by politicus »

There will be several good ones ("close" to home Poland and two Nordic: Faroes and Finland).
Spain has an interesting political development, especially on the left wing, but also the internal dynamic in PP, and is my no. 1 in Europe. While they are no fun to live in countries in crisis generally provide for interesting elections.

Tanzania - one of the most diverse and fascinating  countries in Africa - has a double whammy - electing President and Parliament. As a curiosity women in Saudi-Arabia will for the first time ever be allowed to vote and stand as candidates in their  municipal election! (men have since 2005). It will be highly interesting how they go about it.

If pressed to chose only one: Spain.

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 10:12:45 AM »
« Edited: September 24, 2014, 10:29:46 AM by politicus »

UK, of course.

Followed by Spain, Poland and Canada, I guess.

Overall, 2015 sucks election-wise though.

Huh

You got 3 of the 6 biggest countries in EU: UK, Spain, Poland + crisis ridden Portugal and Greece.

Mexico and Argentina in Latin America. Canada in North America.

Nigeria, Ethiopia and Tanzania in Africa.

In Asia you got Burma as a very exciting one + Turkey. Probably also Thailand.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 06:07:10 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2014, 06:33:22 PM by politicus »

UK, of course.

Followed by Spain, Poland and Canada, I guess.

Overall, 2015 sucks election-wise though.

Huh

You got 3 of the 6 biggest countries in EU: UK, Spain, Poland + crisis ridden Portugal and Greece.

Mexico and Argentina in Latin America. Canada in North America.

Nigeria, Ethiopia and Tanzania in Africa.

In Asia you got Burma as a very exciting one + Turkey. Probably also Thailand.

Mabye I'm a bit picky, but other than the UK there are no truly "big ones" in 2015 (as in no significiant US, French, Russian, Japanese, Indian, German, or at least Brazilian elections).

2016 (America, and domestically five German state elections) and 2017 (France & Germany) seem to be more promising.

Well okay, I guess if you go by size of their economy that makes sense. If you go by population a lot of the countries I mentioned are bigger than France (Burma, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Turkey, Mexico). Mexico and Nigeria are 100 mio.+

I forgot Iran btw, that may actually be interesting, even if its not "free & fair".

The Duma was elected in December 2011, so there will be a Russian one as well - if they have kept the 4 year term. (its not on the election calendars)

EDIT:

Seems Russia is schedued to 2016 (so 5 year term now), but may be in 2015 because of the annexation of Crimea.
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/advertorials/news/State-Duma-Election-Could-Come-a-Year-Early-Mironov-Says/
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 07:49:56 PM »

I voted England, which could be exciting, after the Scottish affair, the growth of UKIP, and the future English parliament

Canada elections have no interest, liberals, NDP and conservative are all centrists parties. (same thing for Spain or Portugal)

Other interesting elections in 2015 could be :

-Finland, Danemark (all Nordic elections are pretty interesting, because of long tradition of multiparty system)

-Estonia (consequences of Ukraine-Russia crisis)
-Poland presidential election (idem)

France's double local elections could be funny to watch, too.

Spain has PODEMOS and IU on the left, hardly centrist parties  - and I wouldn't exactly call Harper's Tories centrist either Smiley.

Denmark will be a snoozefest - guaranteed  centre-right victory.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies