What is Republican economic policy? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:50:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What is Republican economic policy? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is Republican economic policy?  (Read 2419 times)
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« on: October 06, 2014, 09:04:38 PM »

1) Let's all acknowledge that this thread was never meant to be anything other than a red avatar (and our favorite "blue" one, King) love fest, and any genuine response from a non-Democrat/liberal poster will be met with less-than-tasteful mockery.

2) In the most general terms, despite the narrative of how *crazy* the GOP has become, Republican economic policy has largely remained unchanged for several decades.  In a few overly basic points:

- Social welfare programs are at best too wasteful and sometimes abused while at worst create dependency, stagnate upper mobility and need to be rolled back.
- Environments that allow business to thrive will have a better overall effect on the economy.  Encouraging business and profits is more effective than playing economic nanny, reducing private sector profits and stagnating growth and innovation.
- Unions are generally a strain on the above point.
- It's generally a better long term strategy to reduce the tax burden and cut spending than the other way around.
- The private sector is generally more efficient than the public sector - not always, but most of the time.
- All demonizing the rich, Wall Street, investment success, etc. does is create class animosity and provide less incentive for upward mobility.

I'm not looking for some retort on the logic behind these beliefs; we already know where the Dems of this forum stand.  But the OP asked, and I did my best to respond.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 12:28:38 PM »

Rockefeller is just proving our point. No policy, just pie in the sky generalizations and dreams.

Do you feel that by keeping an ironic blue avatar, while sharing none of the party's beliefs, that it somehow gives you more credibility when trolling the GOP?  Seems pretty insecure, but whatever.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 12:32:50 PM »

I've never seen you post anything but partisan anti-Republican drivel.  Under a blue avatar, you give even more fighting juice to the already numerous Democratic hacks on this board.  Just kind of curious as to why you see that being worth your while.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 02:23:46 PM »

Someone named Rockefeller GOP is the last person who should be accusing someone of being a RINO or attacking someone as a "fake Republican".

LOL, I don't openly and frequently attack a party I claim to identify with.  Kind of a difference.

And King, that's a fine excuse.  I'd never heard it before.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies