Opinion of "True Leftists" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:13:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of "True Leftists" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FFs

HPs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Opinion of "True Leftists"  (Read 3600 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« on: September 25, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »

True leftist political ideology is basically the equivalent of hipster cultural ideology.  IE, "oh, you like Barack Obama, that's so mainstream." "I like Vladimir Lenin's early stuff."  Instead of, "I'm vegan and I wear knit caps all the time," "it's I'm a marxist and I oppose evil imperialists and side with the third world."

Like hipsters, they don't produce anything cultural relevant, they snipe at everything mainstream and constantly recycle old ideas and doctrines.  In both ideologies, the paramount idea is authenticity and ideological purity.  It's about a knee jerk reaction against anything identified with the dominant mainstream consensus, always showing how you know better and you have curated ideas that form a pure identity.  True leftist politics is more about showing how great you are and isolating from society, instead of engaging with politics and trying to make the world better.    It's a combination of being entirely jaded and self-obsessed, expressing your naive, adolescent rebellion through politics.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies