Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:17:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 90
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 305927 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2005, 04:53:40 PM »

I hope the Senator does not table it.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2005, 05:05:53 PM »

With all due respect, could the Governor please explain the justification for the recognition of a sunken ship as a sovereign nation?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2005, 05:40:28 PM »

With all due respect, could the Governor please explain the justification for the recognition of a sunken ship as a sovereign nation?

It's MAS, that's all we can say. I can also say that I won't be voting for this.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2005, 05:44:21 PM »

It's MAS, that's all we can say. I can also say that I won't be voting for this.

To tell the truth I don't care, but heres an idea that MasterJedi might like, lets make it a state in Atlasia!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2005, 05:50:12 PM »

To tell the truth I don't care, but heres an idea that MasterJedi might like, lets make it a state in Atlasia!

Haw haw there MAS. You've gone really far downhill since your the last few weeks in your Senate term.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2005, 06:01:07 PM »

Haw haw there MAS. You've gone really far downhill since your the last few weeks in your Senate term.

For wanting to make every single island a state? Ahhh, cmon young Jedi.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2005, 10:33:58 AM »

Could someoen put the Military Enlargement bill on the wiki?  I can, but I'm really not very good at putting stuff on there.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2005, 12:20:46 PM »

Forestry (Sustainable Development) Bill

For every tree cut down by a company, co-operative or individual working in the forestry industry, that company, co-operative or individual must plant two or more trees in the same forest or other woodland environment

Good bill, Al.  Though I'd recommend stating that the newly planted trees must be protected for a certain length of time after planting.  Otherwise the same individuals will just cut down the new ones as soon as they've planted them, and so on, and the whole thing becomes a giant mess.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2005, 05:43:54 PM »

For every tree cut down by a company, co-operative or individual working in the forestry industry, that company, co-operative or individual must plant two or more trees in the same forest or other woodland environment

Good bill, Al.  Though I'd recommend stating that the newly planted trees must be protected for a certain length of time after planting.  Otherwise the same individuals will just cut down the new ones as soon as they've planted them, and so on, and the whole thing becomes a giant mess.
Hmm, this will probably lead to Bono v. Atlasia III. Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2005, 03:37:22 PM »

We need to abolish the courts. Tongue
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2005, 06:11:03 AM »

Could someoen put the Military Enlargement bill on the wiki?  I can, but I'm really not very good at putting stuff on there.

Maintaining the legislative statutes has generally been considered to be the job of the Justice department.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2005, 11:38:43 PM »

We need to abolish the courts. Tongue

Or Bono himself.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2005, 05:06:17 PM »

Is there even a PPT anymore?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2005, 05:12:54 PM »

Most forestry companies re-plant the area after they have made their selective cut anyway. Also, I know that alot of the time, trees are harvested simply to thin out the forest. This bill would prevent that action.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2005, 05:13:51 PM »

Yeah I'm here. I, constitutionally, can't do anything, though, unless Emsworth is away so my position is nearly useless. Emsworth has the overall authority to control the bill debates, decide which amendments to dispose of, and when to start votes. I only do it very rarely and when it is needed.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2005, 05:18:19 PM »

Yeah I'm here. I, constitutionally, can't do anything, though, unless Emsworth is away so my position is nearly useless. Emsworth has the overall authority to control the bill debates, decide which amendments to dispose of, and when to start votes. I only do it very rarely and when it is needed.
On the contrary, you are perfectly at liberty to act whenever you please. The Senate rules allow it.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2005, 05:28:26 PM »

On the contrary, you are perfectly at liberty to act whenever you please. The Senate rules allow it.

Oh good. I thought the Constitution limited me to a purely secondary role.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »

Nope.  In fact, the OSPR really gives you primary control over internal Senate affairs.  Smiley
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #143 on: September 27, 2005, 09:42:55 PM »

Nope.  In fact, the OSPR really gives you primary control over internal Senate affairs.  Smiley
That's why i was wondering.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #144 on: September 27, 2005, 09:53:51 PM »

Well, the Constitution simply says that the Senate can create its own body of laws to govern itself.  The OSPR is that set of laws.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #145 on: September 27, 2005, 10:22:11 PM »

Emsworth is by far the most active VP we've had so far, and when I was PPT, he routinely took action so fast that I never had a chance to do a thing.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2005, 11:50:41 AM »

Emsworth is by far the most active VP we've had so far, and when I was PPT, he routinely took action so fast that I never had a chance to do a thing.

That's how I'm starting to feel about Jas.  Man, that guy is efficient Tongue
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2005, 01:34:52 PM »

Hey, I thought we had an agreement about not badmouthing each other in public!
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2005, 01:39:38 PM »

But I was complimenting you! Tongue
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2005, 01:50:01 PM »

But I was complimenting you! Tongue

Very well, long may it continue. Cool
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies