Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:49:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 90
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 306100 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: September 15, 2010, 11:38:57 AM »

I wish to uurge Senators to reject this date, and reject acting like a bunch of high school bullies

Meh, I think of it more as commemorating the expulsion of a bully.
I never viewed Hammy as a bully; and I see people who I consider bigger troublemakers who are still active in Atlasia.

A would-be bully then. The fact that there are troublemakers just as bad still active (which I agree with you fully) is no reason to minimize Hammy's altogether negative (and continuing) effect on the forum.
This is debatable at best.

Really? Huh
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1551 on: September 15, 2010, 05:40:59 PM »

I wish to uurge Senators to reject this date, and reject acting like a bunch of high school bullies

Meh, I think of it more as commemorating the expulsion of a bully.
I never viewed Hammy as a bully; and I see people who I consider bigger troublemakers who are still active in Atlasia.

A would-be bully then. The fact that there are troublemakers just as bad still active (which I agree with you fully) is no reason to minimize Hammy's altogether negative (and continuing) effect on the forum.
This is debatable at best.

Really? Huh

Teddy, could you elaborate?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1552 on: September 16, 2010, 08:03:40 PM »

Dear Senators,

In a light of the recent affair with, as I believe improper, Mideast ballot, I'd like to strongly suggest to you to pass a constitutional amendment like this (instead of just federal bill) and them give Regions to ratify

Thirty Amendment to the Second Constitution

1. All candidates on federal or regional ballots shall appear under their registered usernames, as listed by the Bureau of Census
2. However, if the candidate is known under other name than registered (with census providing an appropriate note, like "a.k.a. xxx"), then the candidate shall appear under this name on the any federal or regional ballot
3. Officeholders responsible for maintaining a voting booth shall follow these instructions.

So (sorry Fritz for using your example, but that's good example Tongue) is a candidate is registered as JLD, but is known and is noted by RG as "Fritz", therefore the candidate must appear on ballot as "Fritz", not "JLD (Fritz)" or simply "JLD".

Thank you for your time

Kalwejt
Attorney General
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1553 on: September 22, 2010, 07:03:54 AM »

For the record, it has been my practice to include an aka name when a person REGISTERS TO VOTE with a name other than the official user name.  I also update aka names based on more recent registrations.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1554 on: September 22, 2010, 07:40:36 AM »

For the record, it has been my practice to include an aka name when a person REGISTERS TO VOTE with a name other than the official user name.  I also update aka names based on more recent registrations.

And a darn wise practice that is, Fritz. Thank you!
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1555 on: September 22, 2010, 08:02:59 AM »

I mention this because of Kalwejt's proposed amendment, which makes reference to how names are listed by the Census Bureau.  Voter registrations contain three pieces of information- name, party, and state.  All of these are recorded in the Voter List, and can be changed by re-registering (iwth some restrictions regarding state changes, of course).
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1556 on: September 23, 2010, 05:45:48 PM »

Its nice too see an effort being made to reform stuff but it would help if it wasn't a reform to do something that 1) is already being done, 2) can be done if a certain action is taken by the individual.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1557 on: October 05, 2010, 12:24:55 AM »

Constitutional Convention Request

It has come to my attention that per the Rules of Order and Procedure of the Constitutional Convention, statutory approval is required for an extension of our mission. I ask that the Senate consider legislation extending the date of final approval until October 17, at which time the Convention shall be statutorily required to approve a final document.

~PS
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1558 on: October 05, 2010, 05:08:53 PM »

Constitutional Convention Request

It has come to my attention that per the Rules of Order and Procedure of the Constitutional Convention, statutory approval is required for an extension of our mission. I ask that the Senate consider legislation extending the date of final approval until October 17, at which time the Convention shall be statutorily required to approve a final document.

~PS

Could you give us a date and preferably a format on how to do this. I would assume an amendment would suffice but unless you stabbing in the dark and potential inconsistencies between the amendment and the law froming the Consitutional Convention, I would suggest the formulation of a tentative amendment with your prefered date by yourself or someone else who is part of the convention or the administration.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1559 on: October 05, 2010, 08:31:51 PM »

Resolution permitting a brief extension of the Constitutional Convention

Whereas, the Constitutional Convention continues to diligently amend and streamline the Atlasian Constitution; and,

Whereas, the Convention requires the approval of the Senate to submit a final document after September 30, 2010;

Be it therefore resolved, that the Constitutional Convention shall receive an extension until October 17, 2010 at 12:00pm EDT to complete and submit a final document to the regions for the approval of the people.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1560 on: October 11, 2010, 11:43:43 PM »

Constitutional Convention Consideration

At this time, I recommend that the Senate begin consideration of legislation (see outline below) to append to the final document of the Constitutional Convention in the event of a legislative restart. The current Convention document refreshes the statute, but allows the Senate to attach a document preserving certain key pieces of legislation necessary for the stability of the game.

While nothing is set in stone, this contingency plan is recommended.

Here is what the legislation would look like:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

1. The following critical statutes be appended to the Third Atlasian Constitution upon proposal to the regions for ratification:
[/quote]

For the record, such a law would require presidential approval.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1561 on: October 25, 2010, 07:01:19 PM »

Would a senator be so kind as to humor a lame-duck president?

Legislative Proposal

I offer the following piece of legislation for consideration by the Senate:

Federal-Regional Relations Act of 2010

1. Upon approval by the Senate of federal funds to be apportioned to any region of Atlasia, the Senate shall submit a directive to the appropriate regional legislature requesting a document approved by the legislature and governor of the region outlining the use of the funds.

2. In the event that a region fails to comply with the directive within 30 days, the apportioned funds shall be returned to the Department of Internal Affairs to be reapportioned by the federal government as needed through appropriate legislation or executive orders.

3. If a state of emergency exists within a region, as determined by the President through an executive order, the Senate may waive the provisions of this Act through a two-thirds vote in favor of the funding in question on the final vote, without additional action needed.

~PS
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1562 on: October 28, 2010, 08:35:25 PM »

Libertas' new wiki proposal is a bit convoluted and subjective. Also amusing considering some of the edits from him I've seen on the Wiki.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1563 on: November 12, 2010, 05:56:16 PM »

On a behalf of the Administration, it would be awesome if one of you, Senators, would introduce this project Smiley

Foreign Policy Reform Act of 2010

1. Game Moderator shall be required to cover at least one foreign policy-related event per two weeks, that would allow the President and Secretary of External Affairs to deal with
2. Secretary of External Affairs shall be required to maintain official paper on Forum Elections board, he shall use as a regular way to inform the general public about foreign policy subjects he is dealing with
3. A position of Atlasian Ambassador to the GTO shall be created within Department of External Affairs.
4. An Ambassador to the GTO shall serve as Atlasian Representative in GTO and Secretary principal assistant; Ambassador shall be nominated by President on the recommendation of Secretary of External Affairs and be a subject of a Senate confirmation vote
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1564 on: November 14, 2010, 12:26:42 PM »

I would appreciate a Senator introducing this for me.

Pre-Registration Act

A poster on the Atlas Forum may register to vote prior to meeting the constitutional requirements for age of account and number of posts.  Such registration will be deemed valid once these requirements are met.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1565 on: November 16, 2010, 08:19:08 PM »

I am against government-issued monopolies as a matter of principle. Individuals should not be forced to shell out their hard-earned money to the State for a government "license" to do what they do.

Hence I am wholeheartedly opposed to this bill.

Are you for people without any medical training taking advantage of people?

No, private medical associations/guilds run by actual physicians can do a better job of certifying and regulating than government bureaucrats.

EXCEPT without the uniformity of certification brought about by law--y,know, as in created by a mean old government--the associations and  "guilds" (what, it's 1280 now?) have zero uniformity or power to certify or regulate anything.

Suppose some doctor--an opthomologist perhaps--doesn't like the current certifying board and their harping on about "standards" "training" and "professional expertise", yadda-yadda, and goes and forms his own opthomologist "guild" which then "certifies" himself and every quack willing to fork over some dough? Under Libertas's theory what's to uphold the NECESSARY standards of competence?

Even if theoretically the AMA held on to being the central respected authority of the medical profession. If some quack declares themselves a doctor, what can the AMA our any other "guild" do to "regulate" or stop the fool? Sue him with an injunction? Sorry, no more laws requiring certification. Hope the miracle of no AMA endorsement will ruin the quack's practice? Yeah, great---the legally mandated competence over daily decisions affecting life and death being reduced to a Craig's list endorsement. That'll sure keep the quacks away. Roll Eyes

There's at least one good prospect of this proposal: If passed there's always the chance an unlicensed quack could operate on Libby. Evil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1566 on: November 16, 2010, 10:45:48 PM »

I am against government-issued monopolies as a matter of principle. Individuals should not be forced to shell out their hard-earned money to the State for a government "license" to do what they do.

Hence I am wholeheartedly opposed to this bill.

Are you for people without any medical training taking advantage of people?

No, private medical associations/guilds run by actual physicians can do a better job of certifying and regulating than government bureaucrats.

EXCEPT without the uniformity of certification brought about by law--y,know, as in created by a mean old government--the associations and  "guilds" (what, it's 1280 now?) have zero uniformity or power to certify or regulate anything.

Suppose some doctor--an opthomologist perhaps--doesn't like the current certifying board and their harping on about "standards" "training" and "professional expertise", yadda-yadda, and goes and forms his own opthomologist "guild" which then "certifies" himself and every quack willing to fork over some dough? Under Libertas's theory what's to uphold the NECESSARY standards of competence?

Even if theoretically the AMA held on to being the central respected authority of the medical profession. If some quack declares themselves a doctor, what can the AMA our any other "guild" do to "regulate" or stop the fool? Sue him with an injunction? Sorry, no more laws requiring certification. Hope the miracle of no AMA endorsement will ruin the quack's practice? Yeah, great---the legally mandated competence over daily decisions affecting life and death being reduced to a Craig's list endorsement. That'll sure keep the quacks away. Roll Eyes

There's at least one good prospect of this proposal: If passed there's always the chance an unlicensed quack could operate on Libby. Evil

I wonder if he likes William the Conqueror more the he does William III?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1567 on: November 17, 2010, 09:27:54 PM »

Notice to the Senate:

The Budget Process Committee has finished its work. The current federal budget is posted here and avilable for comment.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=125947.msg2724833#msg2724833
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1568 on: November 22, 2010, 09:02:41 AM »

On "Fix Yo Face" final vote:

Huh
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1569 on: December 02, 2010, 03:58:26 PM »

Given that Libertas is gone, it would seem a good idea for the Senate to expel him.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1570 on: December 03, 2010, 02:01:38 AM »

Given that Libertas is gone, it would seem a good idea for the Senate to expel him.

Gone for a day, and damn. Looks like he won't be answering that procedural question on the TSA bill. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1571 on: December 03, 2010, 02:33:25 AM »

If we have come to the point where we actually have to hold a vote to expell someone who has been banned then it is long past time that the bitter fruits reaped from the harvest of Purple's ridiculous doctrine be forever thrown out and replaced with superior and much more ripe produce.

Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1572 on: December 04, 2010, 10:01:43 PM »

If we have come to the point where we actually have to hold a vote to expell someone who has been banned then it is long past time that the bitter fruits reaped from the harvest of Purple's ridiculous doctrine be forever thrown out and replaced with superior and much more ripe produce.

From my understanding, by law Libertas is no longer registered in Atlasia and so constitutionally can no longer be a senator. So no vote is required.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1573 on: December 04, 2010, 11:09:13 PM »

Does someone want to pursue the bills Libby introduced but weren't brought to floor before his ban?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1574 on: December 08, 2010, 06:23:27 PM »

I'm just saying...

STOCK MARKET FALLS SHARPLY

(AMPG) After gradually dropping most of the previous two weeks, the ANSE Index declined heavily on Friday to 742.30. This is a drop of almost 90 points, or more than 10% of the Index's value, in just under two weeks. 37.23 points were lost on the Index on Friday alone before the closing bell ended what traders were calling "Black Friday". When pointed out that Black Friday already referred to the start of the 1929 Stock Market Crash, traders amended their description of the event to "a really sh$%ty day".

Comments from market leaders were unavailable, as the persons contacted by the AMPG were either crying to hard to understand, incomprehensibly drunk, or were reported by secretaries to have thrown themselves from their office windows.

BREAKING NEWS: STOCK MARKET IN FREEFALL MONDAY.

(AMPG) Stocks suffered an historic single day declines as the ANSE Index dropped 53.12 points Monday before closing at 689.18. The loss of over 7% comes on the heels of a decline of more than 37 points on Friday, resulting in a two day cumulative loss of over 11.5% of the market's value.

Initial reports do not indicate any specific transaction or weak sector of the market, as losses were largely uniform. Nervous investors are awaiting the ANSE opening on Wednesday.

The federal government hasn't even acknowledged this issue. Sure, there has been gradual discussion of a possible new stimulus, but those discussions started before the latest weakness and have gone not far not fast.

So...Bueller?...Bueller?...

Former President Purple State is right.  This national crisis demands our IMMEDIATE and UNDIVIDED attention.

I direct the Senate to produce economic stimulus legislation, and to have it on my desk before the 41st Senate takes office.  Hold emergency sessions if needed.

The Department of Internal Affairs is directed to advise the Senate regarding what this legislation should contain.

The GM's office is directed to provide as much information as is possible regarding the causes of this catastrophe.

All right folks, lets get to work!

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies