Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:27:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 90
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 303752 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: March 16, 2012, 05:22:44 PM »

The New Atlasian Healthcare Act
Co-sponsored with Senator MOPolitico

Section 1- Eligibility and Benefits

(a.) All individuals residing in Atlasia are eligible to be covered under the Atlasian National Health Care Program offering them a high quality standard of care.
    (b.) The health care benefits under this Act cover all medically necessary services, including at least the following:

Primary care and prevention.
            Inpatient care.
            Outpatient care.
            Emergency care.
            Prescription drugs.
            Durable medical equipment.
            Long-term care.
            Palliative care.
            Mental health services.
            The full scope of dental services (other than cosmetic dentistry).
            Substance abuse treatment services.
            Chiropractic services.
            Basic vision care and vision correction (other than laser vision correction for cosmetic purposes).
            Hearing services, including coverage of hearing aids.
            Podiatric care.

(c.) Such benefits are available through any licensed health care clinician anywhere in Atlasia that is legally qualified to provide the benefits.
    (d.) No deductibles, co-payments, coinsurance, or other cost-sharing shall be imposed with respect to covered benefits, but additional insurance from private sources is not forbidden.
    (e.) All private and public hospitals and doctors are required to be participating providers, and are not permitted to deny care on the basis of one's enrollment in the Atlasian National Health Care Program.
    (f.) All health insurance companies, public or private, shall be required to join the health insurance Exchange to be legally licensed to provide services. No company in the Exchange may deny coverage on the basis of previous health condition. The Exchange shall be governed by the Health Directorate, who shall be responsible for determining proper levels of reimbursement, management, administration and other related health industry needs.
(g.) Prescription drug companies shall not be allowed to advertise their products outside of certified medical journals.

Section 2- Finances

(a.) The Atlasian Government, through the Atlasian National Health Care Program's regional offices, shall be financially obligated to cover: all costs from services and benefits provided to the enrolled by the participating providers for individuals below 250% the poverty level; 50% of the costs from services and benefits provided to the enrolled by the participating providers for individuals between 250% the poverty level and $250,000; and 10% of the costs from services and benefits provided to the enrolled by the participating providers for individuals above $250,000.
    (b.) Licensed health care clinicians who accept any payment from the Atlasian National Health Care Program may not bill any patient for any covered service.
    (c.) Funding for this proposal shall be drawn from the following sources:

Cost reductions in other federal health programs, including Medicare and Medicaid, as a result of administrative and cost savings and shifts in funding priorities
            Taxes levied on health insurance benefits as follows: 0.5% for incomes below 250% the poverty level; 2% for incomes between 250% the poverty level and $250,000; 3.5% for incomes between $250,001 and $1,000,000; and 5.5% for incomes above $1,000,000.

Section 3- Administration

(a.) This Act shall be administered by the Health Directorate, made up by a Chairman and the Executives of the regional CHP boards.
    (b.) Medicare and Medicaid shall be phased out, with all necessary personnel and services being transferred to the Atlasian National Health Care Program upon its establishment.

Section 4- Regional Administration

(a.) The provision of healthcare and the administration of budgets and services shall be the responsibility of independent Community Health Partnerships (CHPs) congruent to the existing Regions These shall be established as public sector corporations. Each CHP shall be headed by a board consisting of one Executive and further non-executive members.
    (b.) CHP members shall be selected by the Health Directorate and shall be a non-partisan gathering of experts in the medical, pharmaceutical, and health insurance and administration industries.
    (c.) All boards shall be required to have an audit committee consisting only of non-executive members on which the chair may not sit. This committee shall be entrusted with the supervision of financial audit and of systems of corporate governance within the CHP.
    (d.) CHP's shall have responsibility for delivering primary and community services and commission them from other providers, and are involved in commissioning secondary care. Each CHP shall have their own budget and set their own priorities and shall directly provide a range of community health services including but not exclusive to;

The provision of funding for general practitioners and medical prescriptions.
            The commission of hospital and mental health services from the private sector.

(e.) All members, directors and associated bodies shall be accountable to the Health Directorate as outlined in Section 3 of this Act.

This is still being sponsored, correct?

No idea -I am having trouble seeing the differences between this bill and the law we already have, and why this should be considered an improvement.  For that matter, why go through the trouble of repealing the previous law when you could simply amend it if you're that dissatisfied with it but want to keep the overall structure in place?  
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1801 on: March 16, 2012, 05:44:25 PM »

According to Marokai's post a few weeks ago, sponsorship would fall to the remaining co-sponsors. Someone could be added probably with the agreement of the remaining sponsor and such being properly moved within the procedures once the bill has reached the floor.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1802 on: March 26, 2012, 09:14:09 PM »

When is the Senate going to start doing bills again?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1803 on: March 26, 2012, 10:32:33 PM »

Probably whenever Marokai Blue gets replaced as PPT, the VP takes over the job on a permenent basis, or I am empowered to do so. 
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1804 on: March 26, 2012, 10:34:27 PM »

I contacted MB earlier today about his future as PPT. Expect action very soon.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1805 on: March 27, 2012, 08:41:55 AM »

I contacted MB earlier today about his future as PPT. Expect action very soon.

By the way, did you ever publically transfer the authority of the President of the Senate to the PPT as required by the OSPR for the PPT to run the Senate?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1806 on: April 17, 2012, 09:30:09 PM »

Is there somewhere I can find a list of other countries that Atlasia currently has trade agreements with?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1807 on: April 18, 2012, 03:45:53 PM »

Is there somewhere I can find a list of other countries that Atlasia currently has trade agreements with?
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Omnibus_Trade_Reorganization_%26_Wiki_Consolidation_Act
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1808 on: April 18, 2012, 06:39:25 PM »

So glad we don't have an embargo on Cuba. Their coffee is freaking amazing.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1809 on: May 03, 2012, 12:57:43 AM »

At this point, I don't plan on doing a budget update until someone makes the statute wiki page up to date.  It's really a bit much for me to dig through the forum to find the new spending and tax bills in addition to measuring their impact.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1810 on: May 05, 2012, 12:04:32 AM »

At this point, I don't plan on doing a budget update until someone makes the statute wiki page up to date.  It's really a bit much for me to dig through the forum to find the new spending and tax bills in addition to measuring their impact.

so no ones gonna help me out here Sad
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1811 on: May 05, 2012, 07:31:30 AM »

You mean bills since the last update?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1812 on: May 05, 2012, 06:30:30 PM »

Yes, that would be good. Basically everything from 2012 so far.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1813 on: May 08, 2012, 04:07:48 PM »

At this point, I don't plan on doing a budget update until someone makes the statute wiki page up to date.  It's really a bit much for me to dig through the forum to find the new spending and tax bills in addition to measuring their impact.

What about the Noticeboards, would they provide a clear reference as to what is relevant and what isn't?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1814 on: May 08, 2012, 08:03:24 PM »

What about the Noticeboards, would they provide a clear reference as to what is relevant and what isn't?
Yeah, that'll work.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1815 on: May 08, 2012, 11:00:39 PM »

Yeah, that'll work.

46-48 should include all that has been done since the beginning of the year.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1816 on: May 21, 2012, 07:03:45 PM »

There are many offices we should look at scrapping; Senate seats do not fall into that category.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1817 on: May 21, 2012, 07:31:47 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2012, 07:37:11 PM by Senator Scott »

The State of Maryland shall be transfered to the Northeast Region, residents therein shall become citizens of and subject to the laws duly adopted in that region.

When this bill comes to the floor, I will amend for this to be taken out.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is also completely ridiculous.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1818 on: May 21, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »

The reduction of the Senate is unavoidable with this change. You are going from 5 regions to 4 regions. I removed 1 At-Large seat to keep it neutral as far as the balance between regions and popular interests so that it doesn't run afoul of the regional rights movement, which would kill it.

Whenever you try to do to many things with these big reforms you fail. If you break down the current balance in the Senate, you open a whole knew can of worms that this doesn't need, because it will be hard enough to do this as it is.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1819 on: May 21, 2012, 07:45:32 PM »

Then your amendment is the very definition of counterproductive and should be defeated. The whole point of reducing the number of regions is to enhance competition and activity. It doesn't so much good if you go and remove the competitive aspects of the At-Large seats. There is no reason why there can't be six At Large seats and give parties a chance to compete for more seats.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1820 on: May 21, 2012, 07:49:17 PM »

This is why I'm probably not going to vote for the bill even if the changes I'd like are made.  I remember someone came up with a proposal earlier about merging the Pacific and Midwest, but allowing the regions to retain their borders for representation purposes.  Putting a law like this in place would be preferable.  Reducing the number of Senate seats will hurt activity, not stimulate it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1821 on: May 21, 2012, 07:49:38 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2012, 07:58:23 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Then your amendment is the very definition of counterproductive and should be defeated. The whole point of reducing the number of regions is to enhance competition and activity. It doesn't so much good if you go and remove the competitive aspects of the At-Large seats. There is no reason why there can't be six At Large seats and give parties a chance to compete for more seats.

This is not my amendment and I do not obligate myself to support it, either. It is up to the person who asked me to introduce it for them to make the case for this. I am neutral at present.

6 At-Large to 4 Regional seats is completely unacceptable. At that point it becomes the same as ILV's amendment.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1822 on: May 21, 2012, 07:52:42 PM »

That is completely unacceptable. At that point it becomes the same as ILV's amendment.
What, how? Everyone else agrees that replacing regional seats with districts is a bad idea.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1823 on: May 21, 2012, 07:56:41 PM »

That is completely unacceptable. At that point it becomes the same as ILV's amendment.
What, how? Everyone else agrees that replacing regional seats with districts is a bad idea.

Removing Regional Senate seats for any replacement reduces the influence of regions in the lawmaking process. Reducing them from their current state of parity with the At-Large seats has the same effect.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1824 on: May 21, 2012, 08:00:19 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2012, 08:02:27 PM by Governor Napoleon »

I do not understand what you are trying to say. When ilikeverin remarked on how Northeastern voters are under-represented in the Senate due to population imbalance you applied Northeastern At Large Senators to our delegation to argue it was fair. Either your argument here is full of crap or your argument there was full of crap because it is contradictory to say regions can't be represented by At Large Senators now.

Additionally, I do not understand why I should care less about reducing the voting public's influence in the lawmaking process by reducing seats than reducing regions' influence by not having an exactly equal number of seats for each side. I care more about the game being able to function properly than I do anything else.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies