Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:30:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 ... 90
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 304854 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1975 on: January 19, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »

I'm just fan fingtastic, nothing but ice cream and gum drops over here... Tongue

Comedy aside, I have been better to be sure. Having multiple computers is wonderfull until you run into problems with getting their owners to cooperate with you, even when they are allegedly family and live in the same house.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1976 on: February 06, 2013, 08:54:31 PM »

I believe we need to have an election to fill the vacancy in the Judiciary... It would be nice to have three members. Cheesy
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1977 on: February 06, 2013, 09:57:44 PM »

I am getting pushed up against that 10:00 PM time again, so it may get pushed until after midnight.

Would it be wise to wait until after the Special Election or no?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1978 on: February 06, 2013, 10:02:26 PM »

I would prefer to do it sooner than that, only because it's really tough to run a legitimate committee with only two people. I could get things going again right away, but what weight will an endorsement from the Judiciary really have if it's just a summary of two people's votes?

Maybe I'll shift focus to have us work with the AG...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1979 on: February 25, 2013, 06:30:20 AM »

Senators, since I am sure that they have been appended to other bills, would the sponsors consider withdrawing the Labor Rights Act and the DoEA Atkins Act?

Thank You!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1980 on: March 04, 2013, 07:05:53 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2013, 07:07:53 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I am Senator in a party, whose chairman is being appointed to a cabinet position and is currently deeply embattled, by a President of the same said party who is also in dire straits at present over the same issue and also has appointed someone else to an entirely different position that is knocking on heaven's door as well for activity reasons. So the best thing possible for me to do to help them as that party's only Senator, is to introduce an executive power grab that would eliminate the need for confirmation hearings? What a brilliant strategy. Tongue

Not to mention that it is a horrible policy that BK would be waved into the AG's office, considering he is about to set a record for unanimous rejection vote, the same way he set a record for voting for his own expulsion last fall.

When I first ran for the Senate, there was a former President who got waved through, took offense that someone dared ask him about, you know, doing his job. Then he did nothing, except try to seize control of the gov't. We need tougher, more hard core confirmation hearings, with kickass questions. We should be water boarding those SOB's every time they dare ask us for their trust to serve in a cabinet capacity.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1981 on: March 04, 2013, 10:18:14 AM »

No party chairman has been nominated for a Cabinet position Mr. PPT.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1982 on: March 04, 2013, 01:50:50 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2013, 01:54:12 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I thought Griffin was Labor Chairman. Or are you considering the GM as seperate from the cabinet here?

I was speaking from Snowstalkers perspective in a sarcastic fashion to illustrate the counterproductive effect of his amendment being offered at this point in time. It doesn't have to match the situation 100% to the details to accomplish, because I am not Snowstalker nor am I labor. The point I was making is that he is undermining his own party's nominee and Presidnet with the Amendment.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1983 on: March 04, 2013, 01:52:34 PM »

I thought Griffin was Labor Chairman.

I was speaking from Snowstalkers perspective in a sarcastic fashion to illustrate the counterproductive effect of his amendment being offered at this point in time.

Gm is not a cabinet position and would be unaffected by the proposed amendment.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1984 on: March 04, 2013, 01:56:35 PM »

I thought Griffin was Labor Chairman.

I was speaking from Snowstalkers perspective in a sarcastic fashion to illustrate the counterproductive effect of his amendment being offered at this point in time.

Gm is not a cabinet position and would be unaffected by the proposed amendment.

He is still restricting Senate oversight over a large number of appointees at a time when several are questionable and thus illustrating the importance of what he is removing.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1985 on: March 04, 2013, 02:12:57 PM »

But since we are being overly technical, I am not the PPT at present, just so you know. Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1986 on: March 07, 2013, 05:59:56 PM »

Is there any way to declare legislation clearly frivolous and dilatory before it reaches the floor? Snowstalker's legislation about reliving his Call of Duty fantasies about blasting Germans notwithstanding, the legislation is clearly pointless, frivolous, and stupid and I'd really prefer the Senate not waste its time with such matters.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1987 on: March 07, 2013, 06:04:55 PM »

The PPT does indeed have that power, yes.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1988 on: March 07, 2013, 06:20:12 PM »

I third Joyce's call.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #1989 on: March 07, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »

All I wanted was a reaction. Wink
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1990 on: March 07, 2013, 07:42:02 PM »

We should formally censure Senator Snowstalker for the above fiasco.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1991 on: March 08, 2013, 08:19:08 AM »

Naw I don't reckon I will. Tongue If he wants to pursue a debate over destroying checks and balances I feel obligated to bring it to the floor as long as:

1. The amendment is functional in that it achieves his desired objective.
2. Is not frivolous (I hardly call destroying democracy a frivolous matter).
3. It is not Unconstitutional (It can't be for obvious reasons).

To do otherwise would require me to abuse this power based of personal bias and I won't be one to do that.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1992 on: March 08, 2013, 08:21:07 AM »

Oh, you meant the War thing. Yea that is nuts.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1993 on: March 21, 2013, 09:03:10 PM »

As elaborated on in my office thread, I have some real life issues I need to attend to, and will be taking a leave of absence from Senate duties for one week. I'd particularly like to apologise for the damage this may do to the Judiciary Committee, but things are kind of rough at the moment - I won't go into it but suffice to say I don't have the energy or time to commit to the task at hand right now.

If after a week things have not settled down I will be resigning as Senator.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1994 on: April 07, 2013, 11:23:03 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2013, 04:42:45 PM by Poirot »

I have a question on the ratification decentralization amendment. At first I read it as a regional legislature had to choose one method.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I took it as choosing one option and sticking to it for every amendment. It could also be the legislature chooses one option every time an amendment comes up depending on the topic. (the first time they choose legilsature vote, second time public vote, third time public vote, fourth legislature vote). That could slow the processus of ratification if the legislature makes a choice every time there is an amendment or if the legislature is inactive.

Is it correct the regional legislatures can choose the method of ratification case by case or can make a formal choice of method if they wish.

I was also wondering if the regions have total control on determining the requirements for passage, like simple majority or a super majority, or even rules like a majority of voters registered by the three main parties in the region. 
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1995 on: April 19, 2013, 11:13:28 PM »

I have a question on the ratification decentralization amendment. At first I read it as a regional legislature had to choose one method.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I took it as choosing one option and sticking to it for every amendment. It could also be the legislature chooses one option every time an amendment comes up depending on the topic. (the first time they choose legilsature vote, second time public vote, third time public vote, fourth legislature vote). That could slow the processus of ratification if the legislature makes a choice every time there is an amendment or if the legislature is inactive.

Is it correct the regional legislatures can choose the method of ratification case by case or can make a formal choice of method if they wish.

I was also wondering if the regions have total control on determining the requirements for passage, like simple majority or a super majority, or even rules like a majority of voters registered by the three main parties in the region. 

I didn't sponsor the amendment, but I think your interpretation is correct.  Regions should have full autonomy on the ratification process, whether it's case by case or standardized for all amendment votes.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1996 on: April 20, 2013, 02:15:01 PM »

Thank you for making the effort of replying even if you were not someone at the federal level  proposing or voting on the matter.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1997 on: April 20, 2013, 02:49:30 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2013, 02:54:14 PM by Governor Scott »

Does anybody know if Atlasia has established an official retirement plan for seniors, or is that already covered by the Social Security Act, the basics of which I assume resemble the real life version's?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1998 on: April 20, 2013, 05:21:25 PM »

Does anybody know if Atlasia has established an official retirement plan for seniors, or is that already covered by the Social Security Act, the basics of which I assume resemble the real life version's?
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Comprehensive_Social_Security_Reform_Act
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1999 on: April 21, 2013, 10:39:45 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2013, 11:00:49 AM by Governor Scott »

Thanks, Napoleon.

Another question (which I tried asking Snowguy, but his thread hasn't been updated since early March, so I doubt he'll see it...): What percentage of rural communities in Atlasia are without modern electricity sources?  Nothing on the wiki seems to indicate that we have a TVA or something like that.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies