Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:49:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 90
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 304709 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: April 11, 2011, 07:29:04 PM »

Since Rowan once complained on seniority rules:

Make Rowan Happy Act

1. The following Act shall establish factors considered in calculating seniority for all incoming Senators. The Act shall not affect already established seniority of an incumbent Senators moment of passing.
2. For Senators, who are taking an office the same day, regardless on an exact time of swearing-in, following factors shall be used in determining a seniority:
a. Former Senators (length of time served in previous non-consecutive terms)
b. Former Presidents (in order of their terms)
c. Former Vice Presidents (
- In order of the office's place in presidential line of succession
- In order of their terms
e. Former Governors
- In order of Region's population
f. Former Lieutenant Governors
- In order of Region's population
g. By Region's population
h. By alfabethical order of a registered username
3. Section 3 is not required, but cool

(Probably needs multiple grammar/speeling corrections anyway)
I feel H. is extremely unfair. We weren't told when we signed up that the first letter of our username would have an effect on the game.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1601 on: April 13, 2011, 04:24:29 AM »

Honestly, who cares about the order of seniority ?

And even more, who cares about making Rowan happy ? Grin
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1602 on: April 13, 2011, 02:19:04 PM »

I oppose that entirely. I like the current set up. Order of swearing in, its fairest and it ensures that someone who joined more recently can achieve the position of Dean. Otherwise the minute that someone like BK, or Afleitch,  or even me got elected to a future non-consecutive term would instantly go to top of the totem pole based on past service.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1603 on: April 14, 2011, 03:25:13 PM »

I oppose that entirely. I like the current set up. Order of swearing in, its fairest and it ensures that someone who joined more recently can achieve the position of Dean. Otherwise the minute that someone like BK, or Afleitch,  or even me got elected to a future non-consecutive term would instantly go to top of the totem pole based on past service.

Yeah, I 100% agree with NCY.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1604 on: April 14, 2011, 03:54:21 PM »

Looks like nothing I propose is ever going to have any support. So what's the point of my service here?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1605 on: April 15, 2011, 02:57:27 AM »

Apparently I support one of your bills more than yourself do. Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1606 on: April 16, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »

Looks like nothing I propose is ever going to have any support. So what's the point of my service here?

you've been proposing plenty of legislation, so please don't be upset if a couple bills don't go anywhere.  you are still one of the more active and hence influential Senators in the debates.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1607 on: April 16, 2011, 12:44:28 AM »

you've been proposing plenty of legislation, so please don't be upset if a couple bills don't go anywhere.  you are still one of the more active and hence influential Senators in the debates.

Indeed. When I was Senator, I suspect that a majority of the bills I proposed were defeated in the Senate, some by large margins. Setbacks are inevitable, especially when you aren't exactly "middle-of-the-road". Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1608 on: April 18, 2011, 11:22:17 AM »

Yankee anb Tony made good points (thanks to this system I'm more senior than Rowan Tongue), so I hereby withdraw this proposal.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1609 on: April 18, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »

Ask The Power Act

1. The President is required to create an official, permanent questioning thread
2. Game Moderator is required to stick this topic
3. Any Senator or Regional Governor shall be allowed to submitt an official question here for President, Vice President, Game Moderator or any cabinet members, regarding Government business
4. President, Vice President, Game Moderator or Cabinet member, to whom question was addressed, shall be required to provide an official answer within three days
We could also just sticky the President's official thread, as we already have answered several questions there. Smiley At the rate we're going, the entire first page of the Election Board will be stickied boards before we know it!

Also, if you do stick with this, I'd strongly recommend adding a clause at the end excusing the three day timeline if the cabinet-member has posted a LOA.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1610 on: April 18, 2011, 05:24:36 PM »

Ask The Power Act

1. The President is required to create an official, permanent questioning thread
2. Game Moderator is required to stick this topic
3. Any Senator or Regional Governor shall be allowed to submitt an official question here for President, Vice President, Game Moderator or any cabinet members, regarding Government business
4. President, Vice President, Game Moderator or Cabinet member, to whom question was addressed, shall be required to provide an official answer within three days
We could also just sticky the President's official thread, as we already have answered several questions there. Smiley At the rate we're going, the entire first page of the Election Board will be stickied boards before we know it!

Also, if you do stick with this, I'd strongly recommend adding a clause at the end excusing the three day timeline if the cabinet-member has posted a LOA.

Tmthforu, I don't doubt your wiligness to answer questions, but I want to set a nice precedent for all your successors as well Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1611 on: April 18, 2011, 05:30:40 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2011, 05:55:04 PM by Most left-wing Senator of Atlasia »

How about this?

Ask The Power Act

1. Moderator General shall be required to stick current official White House thread
2. Any Senator or Regional Governor shall be allowed to submitt an official question here for President, Vice President or any cabinet members, regarding Government business
3. President, Vice President or Cabinet member, to whom question was addressed, shall be required to provide an official answer within three days, barring leave of absence before
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1612 on: April 18, 2011, 05:52:14 PM »

How about this?

Ask The Power Act

1. Game Moderator shall be required to stick current official White House thread
2. Any Senator or Regional Governor shall be allowed to submitt an official question here for President, Vice President, Game Moderator or any cabinet members, regarding Government business
3. President, Vice President, Game Moderator or Cabinet member, to whom question was addressed, shall be required to provide an official answer within three days, unless they posted leave of absence before
GM's don't have moderator rights. Do you mean the Moderator General?

Why can only Senator's and Regional Governor's submit questions? Why can't anyone?

Also, the GM is a cabinet position, so you wouldn't need to put it separately in Section 3.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1613 on: April 18, 2011, 05:54:14 PM »

How about this?

Ask The Power Act

1. Game Moderator shall be required to stick current official White House thread
2. Any Senator or Regional Governor shall be allowed to submitt an official question here for President, Vice President, Game Moderator or any cabinet members, regarding Government business
3. President, Vice President, Game Moderator or Cabinet member, to whom question was addressed, shall be required to provide an official answer within three days, unless they posted leave of absence before

Why can only Senator's and Regional Governor's submit questions? Why can't anyone?

Also, the GM is a cabinet position, so you wouldn't need to put it separately in Section 3.

1. Yes, that's my bad.

2. Practicality. I figured it's better to limit it now to key officials, because otherwise you'd have to answer all over and all over again.

3. I'll fix it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1614 on: April 18, 2011, 06:02:43 PM »

How about this?

Ask The Power Act

1. Yes, that's my bad.

2. Practicality. I figured it's better to limit it now to key officials, because otherwise you'd have to answer all over and all over again.

3. I'll fix it.
A nice start. Smiley

My concern is how effective and useful this will be, tbh. I have a real concern that Governor's and Senator's will actually take the time to ask questions.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1615 on: April 18, 2011, 06:37:50 PM »

How about this?

Ask The Power Act

1. Yes, that's my bad.

3. I'll fix it.
A nice start. Smiley

My concern is how effective and useful this will be, tbh. I have a real concern that Governor's and Senator's will actually take the time to ask questions.

Well, we can at least give it a chance.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1616 on: April 26, 2011, 07:18:23 PM »

Should I restore the stupid PM's? It's not enough but atleast it would speed up the votes. We are taking to long to deliberate on bills. We can't keep having discussions that take a day for each person to respond. It seems that very rarely are Senators ever online at one point in time. I realize that would be difficult to insist on trying to have everyone one during a specific set of hours.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1617 on: April 27, 2011, 10:34:16 PM »

WHAT THE HELL DO WE PAY YOU PEOPLE FOR?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1618 on: April 28, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »

SPEAK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah yes, Goldeneye, such a great Bond film. Tongue
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #1619 on: April 29, 2011, 06:10:04 PM »

I didn't even know this thread existed.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1620 on: April 29, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »

Should I restore the stupid PM's? It's not enough but atleast it would speed up the votes. We are taking to long to deliberate on bills. We can't keep having discussions that take a day for each person to respond. It seems that very rarely are Senators ever online at one point in time. I realize that would be difficult to insist on trying to have everyone one during a specific set of hours.

sorry I guess you wanted to discuss this. I don't really know how it worked in the past, but I would be okay with receiving PMs when there is a vote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1621 on: April 29, 2011, 11:49:46 PM »

There weren't anything crazy, you just stuff like this:

Subject Line: woooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My dear Cadaverous Senate collegues,

Do please take care to haunt the Senate chambers for the sake of voting on the Freedom of Consumption Act.

NC Yankee,
The PPT with dead bodies in his sig.

This subject line was inspired by the movie Gettysburg, when the bring in the Muntineers for Chamberlain to "deal with".

Subject Line: ATTENTION DETAIL!!!!
SENATORZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!

The amendment to the Haiti Rebuilding act is at final vote and the wiki somethin or other bill has a cloture motion at vote. There are other bills with business on going, I would advise you lazy peeps check them all. Tongue

NC Yankee,
PPT

Subject Line: Hey dingbats!!!!!
There is a Constitutional Amendment at final vote.

NC Yankee,
Punk Pro-Tempore

Subject Line: Okay Turkeys (since Libertas doesn't like Sheep)
There is an amendment to a bill currently at vote.

Those who don't vote reasonably fast enough, end up in the oven.

NC Yankee,
America's Best Poultry,
Chairman and CEO

Subject Line: OH NO! HE'S BAACCKKKKK!!!!!!!
Yes, back for more blood and tears. Evil

The Fix Yo Face act is at final vote.

NC Yankee,
The Grim Reaper's Hand Maiden

This one was inspired by George Carlin's 2005 performance in which he constructed a "suicide note" The attention grabber was the subject line below

Subject Line: HEY GUYS!!!! Guess What?
Keep on Reading!!!

The "Foriegn Policy Reform Act of 2010"is at final vote.

North Carolina Yankee,
Atlasian Senator.
President Pro-Tempore  

Subject Line: Senate business
Pre-Registration Act is at final vote

NC Yankee,
PPT

Yes, go find which ones and do your jobs. And yes Andrew, that includes you too, or I might withold your Senate pension. Evil Tongue

NC Yankee,
President Pro-Tempore

So Not Crazy!!! Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1622 on: May 01, 2011, 06:54:59 PM »

can't... stand... your... anger...

*on the way to the Cayman Islands*
North Carolina Yankee