Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:09:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 90
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 303759 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: February 24, 2012, 04:10:38 PM »

Because real life is more important than some game. If Marokai was sick, he is not mandated to post anything on this forum.

So, Marokai can criticize me for it and be hypocritical later on? No. I disagree. I also have already pointed out that this whole inactivity thing started back a while ago, not just these last couple days where he has ignored everything. Bgwah never would have let so many of these bills sit with no debate.

I never took Marokai's side. If a Senator is sick, they're sick. They are not required to tell the forum, period. And no one can accuse that Senator of inactivity simply because they didn't post an LOA.

This argument makes no sense if he is posting just fine elsewhere. I can understand wanting to take a LOA when ill but if you're able to post completely fine as Marokai has, I expect the common courtesy of a public announcement. That you don't see this is a problem.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1776 on: February 24, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »

No excuses, and I think you are lying anyway.

You should have posted a LOA. You have been posting all over the rest of the forum. You willfully neglected your duties.

I think you just need a reason to bash Marokai.

I think you should look at the facts.

I think you should be as upset as I am that the most useless bill introduced during my whole time as senator sat on the floor for two whole weeks. Yeah, three days of flu did that. Please.

What prevented Marokai from posting publicly that he would be gone? Explain that.

Facts are a very curious thing.

Fact 1: You claimed Marokai was an inactive PPT. Let's try to measure that objectively. Since he was elected to the position of PPT, Marokai has created 17 Senate threads and maintained a couple of other threads. Even if he has not been able to update certain threads for a very short time span, your statement is still objectively inaccurate.

Fact 2: You criticized Marokai for "willfully neglecting" his duties because he has not updated certain debate threads for one or two days. On the other hand, we have a President who has not posted in the White House thread which he created himself for weeks and who has not signed numerous bills for several days. But yet you ignore the President's inactivity or even defend the President against any justified claims of inactivity.

This makes me conclude that 20RP12 was right with his assertion that you only need a reason to bash Marokai - no matter how far-fetched that reason is.

1 - I really don't care how many threads are created.

2 - The President's inactivity should be discussed in a separate thread, not the "Senate Protest and Analysis" thread. Regardless, I am more concerned with legislation on the floor being dealt with. The President has little impact on that.

1 - That's a real pity because we should try to be objective. You were the one who made the bold claim that Marokai was "inactive" but who still didn't provide concrete evidence for his alleged inactivity. I mentioned the number of threads Marokai created and managed because this is an objective way to measure Marokai's level of activity. Likewise, we could have a look at the posts Marokai made as PPT, at the number of votes he oversaw etc. These are all objectively measurable actions. And they all show that Marokai has, in fact, been as active as his precedessors.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1777 on: February 24, 2012, 04:24:07 PM »

As active? Hardly. I also doubt his predecessors would be so disrespectful to us citizens as to effectively deny them representation by not allowing the Dean to take over during a LOA. Threads created is totally irrelevant.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1778 on: February 24, 2012, 04:33:37 PM »

As active? Hardly. I also doubt his predecessors would be so disrespectful to us citizens as to effectively deny them representation by not allowing the Dean to take over during a LOA. Threads created is totally irrelevant.

Only if we refuse to measure the PPT's activity objectively. "threads created" essentially equals "bills introduced to the Senate floor". Now if a PPT has introduced 17 bills to the Senate floor in a time span of a bit more than one month and has maintained the very same threads by opening votes on amendments and overseeing final votes etc., how does that qualify as "inactive"?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1779 on: February 24, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »

Leave of absences are typically posted when, you know, I plan it. I asked BK to take over, and he declined to. If you were sick, I wouldn't criticize you or anyone else for taking time off to recover. No one in their right mind would do so.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1780 on: February 24, 2012, 08:50:48 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2012, 08:53:58 PM by Governor Napoleon »

Im trying my best to understand this. You were too sick to allow the Dean to take over, but not sick enough to PM BK or post elsewhere? Yes?

I am glad you are no longer ill, Marokai, but I think this little situation is very disrespectful to Atlasia.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1781 on: February 24, 2012, 09:00:56 PM »

Im trying my best to understand this. You were too sick to allow the Dean to take over, but not sick enough to PM BK or post elsewhere? Yes?

Yankee has repeatedly complained in the past that he is unable to serve as PPT due to at-home struggles and inadequate internet. I went to the Vice President because that is the person I am usually supposed to turn to. I PMed him, and then crashed in bed. Posting in public about it was not necessary by any stretch of the imagination, and anyone who knew me personally would tell you I was sick.

You're someone who is sitting here nearly accusing me of lying about being sick in the first place, for some reason. Am I supposed to actually take your complaints seriously? You're searching for any reason to attack me, when you should be criticizing people who failed to follow procedure in this case, but you wouldn't dare do so because they're your party members. For someone who cares about activity, you only seem to care about mine.

My real life situations come before this forum. If I feel like garbage because of any sort of illness, my recovery takes priority. No one around here is expected to ignore their own health for the sake of a fantasy government. That would be insane. If you want to go criticize people, please criticize the President who allows bills to sit on the floor for ages without giving his signature to them, clogging up the que like you supposedly hate so much, or the Vice President that refuses to take over the Senate from an ailing PPT.

This is the second or third time I have seen you dodge any sort of criticism about that, saying it's the "wrong place" for talking about this Administration. Would you care to point out there the right place would be for discussing this so I can actually get your opinion on it without some sort of excuse? You have either become twisted and distorted by personal and partisan grudges, or you really don't care about trying to be honest at all.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1782 on: February 24, 2012, 10:11:36 PM »

I do not accuse you of lying about being sick, I simply distrust the notion that you were entirely unable to delegate your duties properly in the meantime. While it is disappointing that BK neglected his VP responsibilities, there were alternatives.  Where was the VP?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1783 on: February 24, 2012, 10:32:58 PM »

No excuses, and I think you are lying anyway.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1784 on: February 24, 2012, 10:39:58 PM »

When will this end?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1785 on: February 24, 2012, 10:47:14 PM »

That comment was regarding your accusation of the Vice President declining. If he does not want to perform his duties he might want to consider resigning. What did he say?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1786 on: February 25, 2012, 08:23:26 PM »

If contacted I probably could have done something to keep things moving along. However, there is a procedural problem with that. The Dean has far less authority to "take over" in such instances. There is a five day minimum innactivity requirement on the part of the PPT. Marokai would have needed BK and his patented OSPR infringement to allow me to take over. Of course the problem with that is the same as the problem with getting BK to do the job himself. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1787 on: February 25, 2012, 09:24:42 PM »

In accordance with Article 3, Section 1, Clause 7 of the Senate Rules, I am removing Napoleon's legislation from the Senate que, because he is no longer a Senator. His healthcare bill will now be, for the purposes of my work, considered an MOPolitico only sponsored bill, and his other proposal is no longer in the que for the Senate's consideration.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1788 on: February 27, 2012, 05:08:34 AM »

I do have to give Marokai props for helping push cosponsorship in the Senate.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1789 on: February 27, 2012, 05:10:26 AM »

Thanks! It's not done nearly as often as it should be, IMO.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1790 on: February 27, 2012, 05:11:46 AM »

Thanks! It's not done nearly as often as it should be, IMO.

I agree. I also think it can go a long way in establishing friendlier relationships among Senators, improving the quality of debate.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1791 on: February 27, 2012, 05:13:34 AM »

OH GOD WE'RE COMPLIMENTING EACH OTHER A BLACK HOLE IS FORMING OHG OGWDI NOOO-

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1792 on: February 27, 2012, 06:10:57 AM »

I WAS JUST THINKING THE SAME THING THIS IS BEAUTIFUL PLEASE CONTINUE
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1793 on: February 27, 2012, 07:09:46 AM »

OH GOD WE'RE COMPLIMENTING EACH OTHER A BLACK HOLE IS FORMING OHG OGWDI NOOO-

It's like a scene out of Dogma... "they'll unmake the world"
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1794 on: February 27, 2012, 10:27:29 PM »

The Fair Compliance Amendment

Article I, Section VI of The Atlasian Constitution is amended to read:
The Senate shall make no law that applies to the citizens of Atlasia that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Regional officers; and, the Senate shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Regional officers that does not apply equally to the citizens of Atlasia.

I might reword this so that it provides an exception for laws affecting the rules of the Senate, which obviously are not suppose to apply to citizens.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1795 on: March 02, 2012, 02:55:01 AM »

I just called some bills dead on the floor (since they were obviously legitimately rejected) but now that it's officially the first day of a new session, I'm pretty sure I now I have to step back and await a new election of a PPT and for everyone to swear in and start the next Senate. So.. yeah. Just wanted to say that. Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1796 on: March 04, 2012, 07:34:43 PM »

I am fairly certain that the Senate was supposed to start on March 2nd, not stop. Atleast that is how it was way back in the day. Senators these days. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1797 on: March 11, 2012, 07:43:48 PM »

The New Atlasian Healthcare Act
Co-sponsored with Senator MOPolitico

Section 1- Eligibility and Benefits

(a.) All individuals residing in Atlasia are eligible to be covered under the Atlasian National Health Care Program offering them a high quality standard of care.
    (b.) The health care benefits under this Act cover all medically necessary services, including at least the following:

Primary care and prevention.
            Inpatient care.
            Outpatient care.
            Emergency care.
            Prescription drugs.
            Durable medical equipment.
            Long-term care.
            Palliative care.
            Mental health services.
            The full scope of dental services (other than cosmetic dentistry).
            Substance abuse treatment services.
            Chiropractic services.
            Basic vision care and vision correction (other than laser vision correction for cosmetic purposes).
            Hearing services, including coverage of hearing aids.
            Podiatric care.

(c.) Such benefits are available through any licensed health care clinician anywhere in Atlasia that is legally qualified to provide the benefits.
    (d.) No deductibles, co-payments, coinsurance, or other cost-sharing shall be imposed with respect to covered benefits, but additional insurance from private sources is not forbidden.
    (e.) All private and public hospitals and doctors are required to be participating providers, and are not permitted to deny care on the basis of one's enrollment in the Atlasian National Health Care Program.
    (f.) All health insurance companies, public or private, shall be required to join the health insurance Exchange to be legally licensed to provide services. No company in the Exchange may deny coverage on the basis of previous health condition. The Exchange shall be governed by the Health Directorate, who shall be responsible for determining proper levels of reimbursement, management, administration and other related health industry needs.
(g.) Prescription drug companies shall not be allowed to advertise their products outside of certified medical journals.

Section 2- Finances

(a.) The Atlasian Government, through the Atlasian National Health Care Program's regional offices, shall be financially obligated to cover: all costs from services and benefits provided to the enrolled by the participating providers for individuals below 250% the poverty level; 50% of the costs from services and benefits provided to the enrolled by the participating providers for individuals between 250% the poverty level and $250,000; and 10% of the costs from services and benefits provided to the enrolled by the participating providers for individuals above $250,000.
    (b.) Licensed health care clinicians who accept any payment from the Atlasian National Health Care Program may not bill any patient for any covered service.
    (c.) Funding for this proposal shall be drawn from the following sources:

Cost reductions in other federal health programs, including Medicare and Medicaid, as a result of administrative and cost savings and shifts in funding priorities
            Taxes levied on health insurance benefits as follows: 0.5% for incomes below 250% the poverty level; 2% for incomes between 250% the poverty level and $250,000; 3.5% for incomes between $250,001 and $1,000,000; and 5.5% for incomes above $1,000,000.

Section 3- Administration

(a.) This Act shall be administered by the Health Directorate, made up by a Chairman and the Executives of the regional CHP boards.
    (b.) Medicare and Medicaid shall be phased out, with all necessary personnel and services being transferred to the Atlasian National Health Care Program upon its establishment.

Section 4- Regional Administration

(a.) The provision of healthcare and the administration of budgets and services shall be the responsibility of independent Community Health Partnerships (CHPs) congruent to the existing Regions These shall be established as public sector corporations. Each CHP shall be headed by a board consisting of one Executive and further non-executive members.
    (b.) CHP members shall be selected by the Health Directorate and shall be a non-partisan gathering of experts in the medical, pharmaceutical, and health insurance and administration industries.
    (c.) All boards shall be required to have an audit committee consisting only of non-executive members on which the chair may not sit. This committee shall be entrusted with the supervision of financial audit and of systems of corporate governance within the CHP.
    (d.) CHP's shall have responsibility for delivering primary and community services and commission them from other providers, and are involved in commissioning secondary care. Each CHP shall have their own budget and set their own priorities and shall directly provide a range of community health services including but not exclusive to;

The provision of funding for general practitioners and medical prescriptions.
            The commission of hospital and mental health services from the private sector.

(e.) All members, directors and associated bodies shall be accountable to the Health Directorate as outlined in Section 3 of this Act.

This is still being sponsored, correct?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1798 on: March 12, 2012, 03:05:25 PM »

Is there a list of bills that have been passed- I know drugs are legal for example but I do not want to put forward a bill which is moot
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1799 on: March 12, 2012, 03:10:26 PM »

Is there a list of bills that have been passed- I know drugs are legal for example but I do not want to put forward a bill which is moot

The wiki should have most- if not all- passed legislation listed.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies