Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:20:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 305947 times)
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« on: June 23, 2005, 11:04:40 AM »

I urge my fellow Senators to pass the bill and thus let the people decide on the fate of the supreme court and it's decisions.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 12:18:21 PM »

I urge my fellow Senators to pass the bill and thus let the people decide on the fate of the supreme court and it's decisions.

Stuffing the court to pass a populist agenda while voters have defeated populist candidates across the board is bad taste, no?
It's a constitutional amendment.  If the voters don't like it they can vote against it.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 11:05:57 PM »

For these reasons, I would fully support Senator TexasGurl's plan to reduce defense funding. A great bulk of defense spending is pork; I fear that the suggested reduction of 10% may not go far enough.

Cuts of that scale are born-out of isolationist dogma. $95bn (10% plus that cut from the legislation she sought to repeal). Might as well just add it to the welfare pot because it's going to need it. I can'tsee  Atlasia being better off from either a defense/national security standpoint or a socio-economic standpoint

For a progressive Senator, to propose cuts which could potentially generate a higher level of unemployment and worse still destroy communities, just dismays me unutterably

'Hawk'
Agreed.  We slash spending heavily we will choke our economy and cut off our tax base, thus deapening the problem of the deficit.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies