Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:51:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 306126 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 19, 2014, 04:12:57 PM »

Also, I'm a bit embarrassed that a Senator from my party is proposing a return to the failed policies of the Drug War Era. I had hoped that we had left that sad period behind us for good.

I concur with the former President. The Comprehensive Drug Reform Act was passed by the Senate unanimously last session. I'm not sure why Senator X wants us to return to the failed policies of the past.

I am glad that Chairman Nix and Senator TNF can at least agree with me that the War on Drugs as it was carried out in the past was a failure.  However, the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction and Atlasia's current drug policies are doomed to fail as well.  I believe that we should addressing this problem in a reasonable and responsible way with laws that balance punishment with rehabilitation and treatment.  If any of my fellow Senators agree that what I described approach then I'd urge them to support the important reforms that I have proposed.  If they want to continue the failed policies of the past, they should oppose my drug bills and vote for the status quo.  I would also welcome the input of my fellow Senators.  Together, we can strike a major blow against the scourge of drug addiction!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 08:32:00 AM »

X could you at least consolidate some of these bills together. Even if you disagree with the content of the "comprehensive" law in question, is not the format such that the merits of which speak for themselves?

I deliberately opted not to consolidate them so we could essentially have a "line-item vote" on each proposal, sorry Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies