Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:33:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 305123 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 07, 2005, 07:10:01 PM »

Yes I b elieve that bill is unnecessary and will vote against it!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 06:37:49 AM »

Well that part will probably be taken out of the bill when it comes to the Senate floor. But we'll see what happens.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 03:23:08 PM »

When it comes to the Senate floor, he's saying we'll see what happens. Not after it is passed.

Yea this is what I meant, not after it passes. If someone tried to cut it the bill would still pass I'd support that or the way it is now.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 04:03:11 PM »

Well I guess this is the best place to ask it but does anyone think they can help me that lets Atlasians buy percription drugs from Canada. I asked Ford if it's the same problem as America, he said yes so I want to go ahead! Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 02:33:56 PM »

1. Pledge of Allegiance Bill of 2005
  - Bah, the resulting pledge sounds dumb. Frankly, 'under God' breaks it up a little.
Let us, then, abolish the pledge itself.

No, let us just leave it the way it is.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 03:10:02 PM »

1. Pledge of Allegiance Bill of 2005
  - Bah, the resulting pledge sounds dumb. Frankly, 'under God' breaks it up a little.
Let us, then, abolish the pledge itself.
No, let us just leave it the way it is.
That would fly in the face  of the notion of religoius freedom. For the government to presume that a God exists, or that everyone believes or should believe in God, is the height of arrogance. And therefore, the pledge should be abolished, or the phrase "under God" taken out.

You're not required to say that part or the whole pledge in general. For all I care (as well as most people) you could say "under Allah" or "under Budda" and nobody would really care. If it needs to be changed (which it shouldn't be anyway) it should be done so that it doesn't reguire you to say God but whatever God or Goddess you worship.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 02:58:23 PM »

Can I motion to bring bills to the front of list?
Only the PPT and VP, acting together, can bring bills to the front of the list.

I wouldn't mind this, come on Gabu, on your feet! Grin

Well, may I suggest you bring the Peter's voting code bill to the front, along the with the Niger bill.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 05:40:28 PM »

With all due respect, could the Governor please explain the justification for the recognition of a sunken ship as a sovereign nation?

It's MAS, that's all we can say. I can also say that I won't be voting for this.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 05:50:12 PM »

With all due respect, could the Governor please explain the justification for the recognition of a sunken ship as a sovereign nation?

It's MAS, that's all we can say. I can also say that I won't be voting for this.

To tell the truth I don't care, but heres an idea that MasterJedi might like, lets make it a state in Atlasia!

Haw haw there MAS. You've gone really far downhill since your the last few weeks in your Senate term.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 06:14:54 PM »

Isn't there supposed to be a confirmation thread for Ebowed?

He's still a Senator isn't he?

It's at the start of the next session that Defarge will resign on so that's when the hearing for Ebowed will have to be.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 05:24:45 PM »

That AIM one is a waste of a position and makes the government too big.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 09:48:49 AM »

I've posted to bump it up and now Q just have to agree with it and it'll be next to come up. Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 06:36:55 AM »

My question to the Presiding Officers is: Which of these do you claim relates to forum affairs?

You could claim Parliment is but I wouldn't have added another bill.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 05:13:37 PM »

Just curious...where does my little Constitutional Amendment stand in the queue?

You're two bills away. Next is Peter's bill and then your amendment comes up. Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 03:20:18 PM »

Note: With the Flexi-Time amendment off the floor there is nothing left that is forum affairs legislation, on the Senate floor and in the upcoming legislation list, and as such we shall go back to a 4 slot Senate.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 05:36:35 PM »

I think that a few other holidays could be abolished:

Carl Garner Federal Lands Cleanup Day (Section 104)

Constitution Week (Section 108): Our Constitution was not adopted in September, which is the month for Constitution Week.

National School Lunch Week (Section 132)

National Transportation Week (Section 133)

Pan American Aviation Day (Section 134)

Parents' Day (Section 135) or Father's Day (Section 109) and Mother's Day (117): Having Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day, and Parents' Day would be redundant.

Thomas Jefferson's Birthday (Section 141): Not Atlasia-centric

Hey Emsworth, I don't really have the time so I was wondering if you could write in those other holidays to the bill leaving Mother's and Father's day out? Smiley
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 10:21:27 AM »

Now that three regions have requested a constitutional convention, I would suggest the following resolution to the Senate, and request a Senator to introduce it:

Constitutional Convention Resolution
Whereas, the Mideast, Southeast, and Pacific Regions have applied for a Convention to amend the Constitution:

1. The Senate advises and consents to the calling of a Convention to amend the Constitution.
2. The President of Atlasia and the Governors of the Regions shall each appoint three delegates to the Convention.
3. The Convention may, with a two-thirds majority, expel a delegate for inactivity.

If I am not mistaken, the Senate procedures allow for such a resolution to be considered immediately upon introduction.

I believe we can bring this up right away but there isn't enough time for the 3 days and the like for it to pass. I'd suggest bringing it up at the beginning of next session after the budget and PPT stuff is through. I'll introduce your resolution but I'll also try and make it so the convention will look at a bunch of specific things instead of being allowed to have a full reign.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 08:43:03 AM »

Yeah, I shouldn't write things when I'm tired. Tongue  Anyway it's fixed.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 07:32:52 AM »

Perhaps all of the above bills, as well as the South American Free Trade Bill and Caribbean Free Trade Bill, could be combined into a single piece of legislation. I don't think that there is any point to having the same debate six separate times.

The areas are different, people might want free trade somewhere but not somewhere else. This seperates it in case.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 07:49:07 AM »

Perhaps all of the above bills, as well as the South American Free Trade Bill and Caribbean Free Trade Bill, could be combined into a single piece of legislation. I don't think that there is any point to having the same debate six separate times.

The areas are different, people might want free trade somewhere but not somewhere else. This seperates it in case.
Well, if that's the case, then the Senate could just amend the bill by removing the section that it disapproves. At the very least, even if the Senate is going to vote on the six separately, it makes sense to consider and debate them together.

Another possibility is to introduce a general free trade bill, which would apply not to a specific group of countries, but to the whole world.

Well I'm not going to do it and I'll just leave the bills I introduced in order and we'll go like that.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 09:58:40 AM »

I'll introduce this bill for BrandonH but I'm omitting the last clause because I can't support getting rid of Medicaid.

Medicare Reform Bill

1. A senior shall be defined as a person age 60 or over.
2. Seniors shall have the right to opt out of medicare and this shall not affect their Social Security benefits.
3. Seniors receiving Medicare benefits shall have the option of using private doctors for services covered by Medicare without penalty.
4. Persons who have paid into the Medicare system shall be elegible for a voucher upon becoming a senior.  The value of the voucher shall be based on past medical history and probablity of future health risks.
5. Employees shall have the option of contributing the 1.45% Medicare Tax into a Retirement Health Savings Account.

Why don't you introduce the Bill with Clause 6? Propose an amendment striking it. The Senate can then determine whether it stands or not

'Hawk'

Because I felt it was horrible and I had the right to introduce it without it. Besides I know this Senate won't get rid of Medicaid and it was a way to save time as well.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 04:36:17 PM »

Where do I put consitutional amendment suggestions? Here?
Yes please!  Anything to interrupt the monotonous stream of bilateral free trade bills!

Thats an exetremely good point you make. I have one more question before I do though:

Does Bono V. Atlasia II still stand relevant? i.e., can the senate still not pass a minimum wage law for the nation? Can it still not run certain means of production?

This is not the place for asking questions, the debate thread is. This is just for introducing amendments.
Eh, I dont feel like re-typing it, so Ill just skip it. Thanks for telling me for future reference though.

It's called copying and pasting. Tongue And the Senate can't pass a minimum wage until the amendment passes, it failed last time.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 06:33:45 PM »

Does anyone know Atlasia's procedure for signing international treaties?  I'm talking multinational treaties that have already been signed by other countries, not the free trade stuff we're doing now, if it makes any difference.

I'm not sure but the Senate probably has to pass it.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 07:10:54 AM »

I'd like to bump Jas's Middle East Resolution to the front of the legislative agenda if Q will agree.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 07:22:55 AM »

I would like to note my disappointment at the moving of the GTO bill as emergency legislation, while Beirut burns and this government continues to do nothing about it.

The reason I did it is frankly I feel Israel is doing what it needs to be doing to get rid of Hezbellah (probably spelled that wrong, don't feel like checking now), even if that means burning Beirut to the ground. Lebanon won't do anything Hezbellah and wants the international community to stop Israel for their rightful attack.

Aside from that after the GTO bill this will be bumped up into that spot.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies