Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:41:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 305052 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: July 05, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »

We already have an "anti-clogging" rule, although I do see your point.

Still, TNF's broad legislative agenda won't interfere with bringing education reform to the floor quickly. We'll tackle Kal's judicial tenure amendment first, and then Scott's bill will take the executive slot.

Also, remember that swearing in doesn't take place until noon EST, 20 minutes from now.

Noon EST was 51 minutes ago(?) right?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 11:57:51 AM »

As has been rubbed in my face many times by Yankee, Atlas time is weird and doesn't always run in conjunction with actual time, for stupid reasons. Tongue

I was unaware. Well I hope that doesn't invalidate my swearing in. Tongue
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 09:37:45 AM »

Senators of Atlasia,

28 Atlasian citizens have signed the petition for "More Fiscal Responsibility and Sustainable Economic Development".

Regards,

ZuWo

k
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 10:12:49 PM »

The Senate should strongly consider an impeachment and expulsion hearing against "Senator" Xahar for:

1) Willfully violating his oath of office
2) Abuse of power
3) Dereliction of duty
4) Hostility toward the democratic processes of Atlasia

Xahar is a Senator in good standing elected by the people of the Republic of Atlasia and should be allowed to act as one.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 07:16:29 AM »

And we essentially have the return of the Ludlow Amendment. Thanks, TNF!

You're welcome. If war is right, it should be declared by the people, not the Senate, because Senators don't get in uniform and risk their lives for their country.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 06:28:49 PM »

This may be the most ridiculous and unconstitutional thing TNF has introduced to-date. Another record broken - what can we expect next??

Yeah, stopping genital mutilation of children is a rather ridiculous position to hold. Roll Eyes
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 11:28:57 PM »

He deserves to be expelled.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 03:09:58 PM »

We're a couple of weeks into the new session, yet no one seems to be adding new laws to the wiki. What gives?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 03:14:25 PM »

Also, I'm a bit embarrassed that a Senator from my party is proposing a return to the failed policies of the Drug War Era. I had hoped that we had left that sad period behind us for good.

I concur with the former President. The Comprehensive Drug Reform Act was passed by the Senate unanimously last session. I'm not sure why Senator X wants us to return to the failed policies of the past.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 10:35:48 PM »

I am proud to support X's bid to save our stingrays.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 10:45:13 PM »

The Labor Party is turning this game into a joke. Before, in terms of ideology, we were on a Vermont or Massachusetts level. I don't even know what you would call the level we are at now...at this rate I would be surprised if this game lasted another year.

Mother of god... We may not have a PPT to strike down that abomination before it even reaches the floor, but you can bet I will demand that bill to be tabled!

I'm not sure what's really offensive about it. It's not as if it allows the guillotine to be used, or anything. I mean hell, Clause 3 clearly doles out punishment for violators.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 11:00:47 PM »

I'm not sure what's really offensive about it. It's not as if it allows the guillotine to be used, or anything. I mean hell, Clause 3 clearly doles out punishment for violators.

Senator, nuking a random nation makes more sense than that bill, and I hope to see the rest of the Labor senators opposing it as well.

Not really. The bourgeoisie need to be kept fearful. No nation needs to be nuked.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2014, 11:09:06 PM »

Senator, nuking a random nation makes more sense than that bill, and I hope to see the rest of the Labor senators opposing it as well.

Not really. The bourgeoisie need to be kept fearful. No nation needs to be nuked.

You honestly see nothing wrong with class warfare and dismissing entire sectors of our society while using government assets to scare the people of Atlasia, don't you?

Nope. The bourgeoisie are disgusting parasites and deserve everything the proletariat send their way.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 11:13:07 PM »

The bourgeoisie should live in constant fear. After all, the Proletariat already do (fear of homelessness, unemployment, not having access to medical care), so why not level the playing field?
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 11:22:08 PM »

So wait the bill just calls for them to be built, but never used?

Yep. It's a jobs program!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies