UK General Discussion II (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:41:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion II (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Discussion II  (Read 45373 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: October 31, 2014, 06:37:34 PM »

I think the referendum will happen, as the Tories I think are likely to 'win' the next General Election. However I don't think the public will vote to exit. Once 'Europe' is personified during the campaign as cheap foreign flights and employment rights, rather than Romanians and bendy vegetables, people will be reluctant to vote to exit.

I expect to see an renenactment of the Scottish referendum. No leads, a bad poll gives Yes winning, Europe promises things, No wins, Europe changes its mind about the promises.

I doubt "Europe" will promise things, that's the system simply too rigid and slow to do, in fact if Cameron do win next election, they will likely find some popular goodies with little practical effects, he can bring home to UK before the election.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 12:11:46 PM »

Nuggets of fun from the National Union of Students Women’s Conference

White gay men are the dominant demographic group within the LGBT community and therefore have both white privilege and male privilege. Therefore it is ‘unacceptable’ for gay men to say they have an ‘inner strong black woman’ (do we?) Gay men should therefore not ‘imitate African American Vernacular English.'

Despite this, the commented that delegates should move to ‘jazz hands’ (!) rather than clapping as clapping may trigger anxiety. This has since been challenged that using hand waves to signal agreement may discriminate against the blind and partially sighted. This was then rebuked by saying that clapping disadvantages those who are deaf or hearing impaired until it was pointed out that if you are deaf, you can still see people clapping.

Gay men should not dress in drag as it’s ‘offensive to trans women’ UNLESS you are queer and it’s a mode of self-expression (that clears that up then)

Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies