Beheading in Oklahoma plant
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:02:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Beheading in Oklahoma plant
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Beheading in Oklahoma plant  (Read 2681 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2014, 12:50:34 PM »

Ugh.......now everyone wants to be Jihad John or something?

https://news.yahoo.com/police-woman-beheaded-oklahoma-workplace-144459291.html
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 12:51:45 PM »

Is Oklahoma the Christian version of ISIS controlled territory?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 12:59:37 PM »

Children, that's what we call an "honor killing".  It is a common custom and time honored tradition of the various tribes and peoples inhabiting the subtropical semiarid and arid regions of the Northern Hemisphere.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 01:06:12 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2014, 01:23:15 PM by Deus Naturae »

The guy was a Muslim.

I'm not sure this had much to do with religion though. Sounds like he got fired, totally lost it, and just attacked someone in a fit of insane rage. I wouldn't be surprised if he had nutty religious views that he used to justify it to himself, but anyone that unstable is probably going to end up attacking someone anyway.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 01:13:23 PM »

The guy was a Muslim.

I'm not sure this had much to do with religion though. Sounds like he got fired, totally lost it, and just attacked someone in a fit of insane rage. He wouldn't be surprised if he had nutty religious views that he used to justify it to himself, but anyone that unstable is probably going to end up attacking someone anyway.

It said he had Jesus tattoos but tried to convert people to Islam. It probably is just someone going postal. That being said, someone getting beheaded in a very conservative place creates a great platform for satire. Its not a joke for those who have died or have been traumatized though.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 02:25:18 PM »

Didn't Oklahoma have a referendum a few years ago on banning sharia law in the state?

A few weeks ago, an OK state Rep said all Muslim-Americans should be avoided and are plotting against us. The Sooner State already has an irrational fear of Muslims, I wonder how they'll react now. Maybe they'll try to ban the hijab like in France.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 02:51:28 PM »

Didn't Oklahoma have a referendum a few years ago on banning sharia law in the state?

A few weeks ago, an OK state Rep said all Muslim-Americans should be avoided and are plotting against us. The Sooner State already has an irrational fear of Muslims, I wonder how they'll react now. Maybe they'll try to ban the hijab like in France.

...or ban Islam.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 03:55:23 PM »

The guy was a Muslim.

I'm not sure this had much to do with religion though. Sounds like he got fired, totally lost it, and just attacked someone in a fit of insane rage. I wouldn't be surprised if he had nutty religious views that he used to justify it to himself, but anyone that unstable is probably going to end up attacking someone anyway.

Reports are filing in that he had been attempting to convert people for quite some time.  I don't doubt anyone who would behead a co-worker is loony, but religion obviously played a role in pushing him over the edge, as it often does.

But, of course, we will do the usual Atlas thing and remember that all religion is good and wholesome and wonderful and big, fat meanies like memphis, opebo (RIP), and myself should refrain from hurting feelings. 
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 04:20:24 PM »

But, of course, we will do the usual Atlas thing and remember that all religion is good and wholesome and wonderful and big, fat meanies like memphis, opebo (RIP), and myself should refrain from hurting feelings. 

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 04:37:36 PM »

Also very spooky, Nathan.  Good point. 
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 05:04:26 PM »

I don't doubt anyone who would behead a co-worker is loony, but religion obviously played a role in pushing him over the edge, as it often does.

While religion, along with the fact that his former workplace had lots of nice sharp blades, may have played a part in what he did once he went over the edge, that isn't the same as saying religion was doing the pushing.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 06:15:39 PM »

This is being investigated as a copycat crime.  With the suspect trying to convert his co-workers to Islam and also chanting some Muslim phrases (don't know what they are), the FBI has been called in because the thinking is this is in response to ISIS's calls a couple days ago for "Lone Wolf" attacks to eliminate the disbelievers wherever they may be.  It seems strange for it to occur in Oklahoma of all places and not in New York or Los Angeles or any place like that, but Lone Wolf attacks can happen anywhere.  It is plausible, in my mind, for this to be a copycat crime because of everything involved - his religion, trying to convert others, his chants, and the recent beheadings in Syria and Algeria.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 06:37:49 PM »

I don't doubt anyone who would behead a co-worker is loony, but religion obviously played a role in pushing him over the edge, as it often does.

While religion, along with the fact that his former workplace had lots of nice sharp blades, may have played a part in what he did once he went over the edge, that isn't the same as saying religion was doing the pushing.

Islam calls you to kill the infidel.  So religion pushed him while simultaneously NOT doing the pushing?  I feel they are inseparable in this case.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 07:00:12 PM »

Will this incident make the ignorant and violent even more ignorant and violent?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 07:13:38 PM »

Will this incident make the ignorant and violent even more ignorant and violent?

Pretty sure if anything would make the good people of Oklahoma completely lose their $#!@, it's this.

It combines three things Oklahomans fear most: Muslims, black people and beheading.

Has Mattress Mary released an official statement on this?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 07:33:20 PM »

Pretty sure if anything would make the good people of Oklahoma completely lose their $#!@, it's this.

It combines three things Oklahomans fear most: Muslims, black people and beheading.

Has Mattress Mary released an official statement on this?

These people are a powder keg, right?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 09:04:08 PM »

1. Black

2. Muslim

3. Hates white people

Maybe it was Obama going undercover in order to destroy America and bring in an Islamo-Marxist dictatorship ?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 09:18:06 PM »

RIP all Muslims in Oklahoma. Sad
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 09:20:57 PM »

Peaceful Muslims plz refudiate!1!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 09:21:14 PM »

1. Black

2. Muslim

3. Hates white people

Maybe it was Obama going undercover in order to destroy America and bring in an Islamo-Marxist dictatorship ?

A Gallup snapshot poll just released shows 65% of Oklahoma voters believe Obama is behind the beheading.  25% blame Democrats in Congress, and the remaining 10% said they are having tacos for dinner.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2014, 09:25:57 PM »

1. Black

2. Muslim

3. Hates white people

A Gallup snapshot poll just released shows 65% of Oklahoma voters believe Obama is behind the beheading.  25% blame Democrats in Congress, and the remaining 10% said they are having tacos for dinner.

Tacos for dinner in Oklahoma? God forbid!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 09:29:36 PM »

Has anybody Lief pre-RIPed ever actually ended up dead?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 09:56:11 PM »

Has anybody Lief pre-RIPed ever actually ended up dead?

They'll all be fine if they just apologize to Sarah Palin for being muslim.

But, it must be hard being a muslim in Oklahoma.  I'm sure it could be dangerous walking around in a niqab or with one of those muslim smocks and a big red dyed beard.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 10:03:50 PM »

I don't think Oklahoma is that different than Nebraska and I see women walking around almost every day with their head (not face) covered (ya know, just like the vast majority of Muslim women in most Muslim countries), and as far as I know, they take no serious sh**t for it.

I'm not saying it's as easy as being a white dude, but it's probably easier than being a midget little person...and certainly far easier than being a Muslim woman in most Muslim countries.

I must say that I'm totally not getting the train of thought that goes from reading a story about a non-Chirstian cutting the head off of somebody to "lol Christians in Oklahoma", but I suppose you guys must be confused by stories like this.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 10:05:44 PM »

Maybe it is because Im super ornery right now, but it's just bad taste to use this as an occasion to bash Oklahoma.  
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies