Labor Party Fall 2014 Convention - San Francisco, CA - ENDORSEMENTS/PLATFORM (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:03:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Fall 2014 Convention - San Francisco, CA - ENDORSEMENTS/PLATFORM (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party Fall 2014 Convention - San Francisco, CA - ENDORSEMENTS/PLATFORM  (Read 6746 times)
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 26, 2014, 03:47:29 PM »

x Fritz
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 01:10:21 AM »

I nominate the great city of San Antonio, Texas

That's a Northeastern city?

I nominate Fort Lee, New Jersey
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »

1. Fort Lee
2. Buffalo
3. Scranton
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 03:44:12 PM »

I am preparing a revised version of the by-laws, but in doing so, I would like to solicit some feedback from the rank-and-file.

What would you like to see done differently in Labor? How can we do things better? One proposal I'm toying with is term limits for members of the Politburo and requiring a pledge for officeholders to retire after a certain number of consecutive terms in one position or another. I think that both of these would strengthen our party because they would open up avenues for new members to get involved. What do you all think?

The potential downside to that is, there may come a time when a position holder is willing and able to continue beyond the term limit, and there are no other members who want that job- or perhaps the willing individual would be a bad fit for that job.  I would oppose term limits for officeholders.

As far as things that could be changed, I would suggest we dispense with the [CON], [BYL], etc. in these conventions.  Only Griffin is paying attention to doing that anyways.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 12:58:06 PM »

Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 02:56:30 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to: