Labor Party Fall 2014 Convention - San Francisco, CA - ENDORSEMENTS/PLATFORM (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:53:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor Party Fall 2014 Convention - San Francisco, CA - ENDORSEMENTS/PLATFORM (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labor Party Fall 2014 Convention - San Francisco, CA - ENDORSEMENTS/PLATFORM  (Read 6752 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: September 29, 2014, 04:47:28 PM »

I would also like to see the General Secretary position being removed; it's clear we need to tone down the number of official party positions to streamline how this party is run.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 05:57:40 PM »

Will Labor include a plank in it's platform condemning the President's nomination of noted-anti gay rights activist Hifly as SoEA?  I'm not trying to make trouble or anything, I'm just trying to figure out what to make of this.  I haven't been here in awhile so maybe things have changed, but I seem to recall a number of Laborites being well to even my left on marriage-related issues.  So I hope you'll forgive me if I'm rather perplexed by the current Labor President, DemPGH, nominating Atlasia's most infamous opponent of marriage equality (my apologies to Senator JCL, but he is no longer Atlasia's chief opponent of marriage equality Tongue ) to the cabinet shortly after the latter rammed through the Mideast Assembly a bill that would've forced public schools to indoctrinate our children with reprehensible homophobic propaganda.  

Anyway, I was just hoping someone could clarify the Labor Party's position on marriage equality for me.  Was there some seismic shift while I was gone that caused Labor to become an anti-gay rights party?  It seems kind of weird that a party that includes prominent supporters of legalizing group marriage, polygamy, and incest would decide same-sex marriage is the issue where they decide to tack in a more socially conservative direction, but there you go, I guess.  Or do you guys still support marriage equality for our nation's LGBT community?  I'm sorry to have to ask this if the Labor Party does still supports marriage equality, but I just want to make sure I don't have to worry about Senator JCL filling a Supreme Court vacancy or something Tongue

Parties generally don't include their opposition to individual presidential nominations in their platforms, so no, of course not. Many members, including myself, will continue to strongly oppose Hifly.

Labor as a party has spearheaded the movement for marriage rights in Atlasia, including extending spousal rights to group marriages and marriages born of incest, so your question seems quite odd in light of that.

I suggest you read up a little on what's actually going on in Atlasia before trying to make passive-aggressive attacks grounded in fictions diametrically opposed to reality.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 12:20:21 AM »

Adding the following to Section 5:

4. Other Officeholders
 a. The members of the Politburo may appoint other members of the party to assist them in each of their duties as they see fit.
 b. The Politiburo as a whole reserves the right to be informed of any such appointments in a timely manner.
 c. The Politburo may, by simple majority vote, dismiss any such officeholder from their services.

[X] Yes
[  ] No

Adding the text in red to Section 7:

VII. PRIMARY PROCEDURE

1. All Labor Party candidates are automatically endorsed by the Party, except for the following situations in which there will be a Labor Party Primary:
  a. If there are more Labor Party members running than open spots in a given election
  b. If a Labor Party member is a presidential or vice-presidential candidate on a cross-party ticket
  c. If there are more than 3 candidates for Senate in a regularly-scheduled Senate election
  d. The concerned candidate falls under the circumstances outlined in Section VII-3.

Term Limits for Politburo:

[  ] One term
[  ] Two terms
[X] No term limits

Composition of Politburo:

[  ] Have a Chair only
[X] Have a Chair and VC
[  ] Have a Chair, VC & Gen Secretary
[  ] Keep as-is
[  ] Other (explain yourself)
Talleyrand
YaBB God