Police Militarization and Civil Rights Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:19:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Police Militarization and Civil Rights Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Police Militarization and Civil Rights Act (Passed)  (Read 5576 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: September 29, 2014, 01:16:35 PM »

As Senator Bore already pointed out, my region, the Northeast, already has this and I was part of the Assembly that voted to institute them. I support doing so and I will support this bill.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 01:13:13 PM »

I appreciate this debate about police and why they exist but lets not forget the funding issue.

First is scraping surplus and using the money to pay for this feasible? Only one has responded so far on this matter.

Second, what about the NE, considering the Public Means Public Act, how do we go about distributing the money as this is a similar instance of one region already doing this?
I see no reason to waste additional funds on cameras Northeast PD's don't need. I say we should just include a clause stipulating that any department already equipped with cameras won't receive new funds.

That's not the point.

The fact that the northeast is paying out of its own pocket for something that the federal government pays for in every other region is unfair on the northeast. Just like it's unfair for the IDS and NE to pay to support their own homeless while other regions have it paid for them.

However, short of a restructuring of what constitutes regional and what constitutes federal areas of power I don't see what can be done. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Agreed. Because some regions weren't as forward looking is no point to punish the region. Maybe we should ask the Governor if they want the funds, rather than simply saying they can't have it out of turn. I know the NE runs a surplus so there's no guarantee that they'd want it, but it's unfair to not include us simply because we've got the program going already.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 09:57:55 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies