What are the biggest things that are getting better in the US and world? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:06:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What are the biggest things that are getting better in the US and world? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are the biggest things that are getting better in the US and world?  (Read 3138 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: September 27, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »

Belts.  Huge ones.  The ones they sell in the US are some of the longest in the world, and they're getting longer and longer in the US each decade.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 08:36:51 PM »

packaging too.  It's awe-inspiring.  It took me about five minutes to get into a toy we bought at Dollar Tree this morning.  My guess is that the package cost far more than the toy itself.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 04:40:30 PM »

Also, we're warming up the globe by living large.  And we're doing it better than ever! 

Law enforcement is better than ever as well.  Especially with GI surplus tanks and grenade launchers.  Better than ever!
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 07:33:43 PM »

Also, as an academic: the democratization of knowledge

Ah, yes, of course.  Who needs all those pesky editors and peer reviewers?  All they ever do is get in your way by factchecking.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 09:17:57 AM »

haha.  Of course.  Smiley

Even many of the open access journals have started collecting publication fees.  One thousand dollars for a low-end journal is not uncommon in my field.  And the big ones (subscription required to read them) have much heftier publication fees.  But yeah, with the internet, interlibrary loan, consortia, etc., you can pretty much read anything you want nowadays for free.  I agree that this is a good thing.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies