Help please ! Problem with my TV and CNN. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:05:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Help please ! Problem with my TV and CNN. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help please ! Problem with my TV and CNN.  (Read 892 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 28, 2014, 05:00:47 AM »

My guess it's a video setting conflict between your TV and whatever is feeding your TV the video signal (cable box, others)/CNN's feed.  Do you have HD and non-HD CNNs to flip between?

If it's off antenna or otherwise your TV is what you actually change channels on...I got nothing.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 06:20:57 AM »

My guess it's a video setting conflict between your TV and whatever is feeding your TV the video signal (cable box, others)/CNN's feed.  Do you have HD and non-HD CNNs to flip between?

If it's off antenna or otherwise your TV is what you actually change channels on...I got nothing.

Well, I have cable-TV. And I tried to change the image-setting of my TV because I thought maybe my TV has a problem. But even if I change to 4:3 or 16:10 or 16:9 or all the other options, the cut-off-picture stays the same.

Which means it's probably the signal from the cable TV provider.

I sent them an email today so they can tell me what's wrong ...
When it comes to HD, the English-speaking news channels are generally in non-HD here (such as BBC, Bloomberg, AlJazeera etc.) - but they are not cut-off like CNN is.

And I have several HD programmes as well, which are not cut-off either.

So, it must be something about that CNN channel.
Yeah, in that case it's either CNN's feed is messed up to your Cable company or your cable company is doing something they shouldn't be doing to CNN's signal.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 11:23:30 PM »

We are.  We also assist with computer questions, car problems, life and love.  Some people are douches, but we'll help them too if they ask.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies