Anyone else watching Survivor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:33:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Anyone else watching Survivor?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Anyone else watching Survivor?  (Read 4078 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 02:23:44 PM »

"stick to the plan"
Maistre
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 12:30:46 PM »

Keith's going to Fabio his way to the end.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2014, 09:42:11 AM »

Natalie is the only deserving winner, it would be so disappointing if she doesn't win and someone like Keith does.
Maistre
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »

Keith's going to Fabio his way to the end.

Now that I think about it, the entire season seems to throwback to Nicaragua (if Keith wins of course).

Fabio - Keith (crap strategist who comp whores his way to the end and wins by being likeable in a F3 with unlikeable people)
Sash - Missy (cutthroat back stabbing player who earns the ire of the jury)
Chase - Baylor (flip-flopper)
Holly - Natalie (good and likeable player who loses the crucial F4 immunity to Fabio, and is voted out because of being a jury threat)

The Josh (leader of all-guys alliance)/Jeremy (leader of a primarily female alliance) back-to-back boots are similar to the back-to-back Marty/Brenda boots.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »

Reunion show. Josh looks so cuteee.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2014, 10:34:26 PM »

Just as I thought, if Keith had made it to the end over Natalie he would have won, I was on Team Keith.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 03:06:48 AM »

Natalie is such a good winner, she deserved it so much. Love her.
Maistre
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2015, 12:55:25 PM »

Anyone else excited for Blue Collar/White Collar/No Collar?

The twist doesn't mean much for me as much as there being three tribes, that is always a sign that it will be a good season. Philippines, Cagayan, being good examples.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2015, 12:02:50 PM »

This current season is just angering, everyone I like keeps going home. Now, I really need Shirin or Jenn to win.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2015, 03:28:12 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2015, 03:32:32 PM by Former Moderate »

This current season is just angering, everyone I like keeps going home. Now, I really need Shirin or Jenn to win.

This season has been fantastic so far. I don't want everyone to win, but I really like a large number of the characters. Rodney, for instance, is the exact type of alpha male who historically has no chance of winning the game, but he's playing surprisingly well (social game, especially, which is counter intuitive) and probably has the best plan to get to the final four. I loved his dumb bromance with Joaquin, and I love that he's still bitter about him going home. He misses his Sunday Funday bro. It's cute.

Joe is obviously going to get his head cut off at the first opportunity. It's too bad, I like Joe. But that's how Survivor works. If you aren't able to hold back a little, you're going to get wrecked.

I like Jenn, she's a lot of fun, not taking things too seriously, and she's really enjoying her experience. Plus, you have to love anyone who's smart enough to play an idol at the right time. It's going to be tough for her to win, especially if Joe keeps winning immunity.

I really like Shirin. I didn't expect that, since I found her annoying throughout most of the game. But there's something I respect about the way she played -- intentionally taking the short end of the stick just to side with people she actually likes and has something in common with. (It makes sense that a Yahoo Exec would be "no collar.") I also loved that she was the only one who said what I was screaming at the TV -- Merica is a horrible tribe name. Plus, she's clearly at the bottom of the minority alliance, which actually works in her favor. I could easily see her getting picked up as a fifth by Rodney's four if they get too anxious to make a move at 7.

I like Tyler. He's playing a smart game, and he's set up really well to win. Carolyn is super smart too, but I don't really find her likable. They make a really great pair.

I feel sorry for Will. He'll go far by virtue of playing a weak game.

I want Dan to burn in a fire. He's such a nasty, awful, misogynistic human being. I agree with the girls -- I'd rather leave my kids with Rodney than with Dan. "I'm just trying to be nice, I really am." F you, Dan. F you.

Sierra flirts with flipping in every episode but she never does -- hardly the type of thing that endears you to a jury. It's increasingly looking like she's unwilling to make moves. She'll get torn apart at a final tribal for limping to the end without a strategy.

Anyone else excited for Blue Collar/White Collar/No Collar?

The twist doesn't mean much for me as much as there being three tribes, that is always a sign that it will be a good season. Philippines, Cagayan, being good examples.

Agreed, the three tribe format works incredibly well. It adds a lot more unpredictability to the game post-merge.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2015, 09:18:39 PM »

Biggest downside so far was seeing the Rodney-Joaquin bromance end before we could see its greatness post merge.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2015, 12:03:42 AM »

It's so hard to know where this show is going because the editing is all over the place this season. Like last episode I was convinced there was an all girls alliance but then no Sierra flips again. And, like Shirin appears to be on the bottom but she takes up about half the confessionals suggesting that she is an important player. Then there's Tyler and Carolyn who are so ing boring yet they really have all the power but get barely any screen time.

Jeff claimed this is a great season but I just don't see it yet because the people doing are really unlikeable   ... I mean Dan and Rodney are hardcore misogynists, Mike is just annoying, Tyler/Carolyn are really boring and like is Will even on this show? I'm hoping something changes, regardless I just want Shirin to win - she is awesome and one of the most likeable players on the show.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2015, 03:05:59 PM »

It's so hard to know where this show is going because the editing is all over the place this season. Like last episode I was convinced there was an all girls alliance but then no Sierra flips again. And, like Shirin appears to be on the bottom but she takes up about half the confessionals suggesting that she is an important player. Then there's Tyler and Carolyn who are so ing boring yet they really have all the power but get barely any screen time.

Jeff claimed this is a great season but I just don't see it yet because the people doing are really unlikeable   ... I mean Dan and Rodney are hardcore misogynists, Mike is just annoying, Tyler/Carolyn are really boring and like is Will even on this show? I'm hoping something changes, regardless I just want Shirin to win - she is awesome and one of the most likeable players on the show.

Unlikable people are a big part of Survivor. I think Rodney is a huge tool, but he's crazy entertaining to watch because he's so aggressively unpredictable.

I think they're doing a terrific job with editing, and they're getting way better with misdirects. All the signs pointed to Dan being in trouble last episode except for one -- the girls needed 6 votes and they clearly only had 5. Everyone is too pre-occupied with Joe to make any kind of move except to make him weaker where possible.

(FWIW, I think Mike needs to figure out -- and quick -- that his best chance for staying in the game long-term is to keep Joe around as long as possible.)

Shirin is in an interesting place. She's playing a really good weak game. Aside from her personality, there's really no reason for people to get rid of her when more significant minority targets remain in the game (Joe, Jenn). Her being on a different side as the rest of the White Collars actually does them all a favor at this point in the game.

Shirin really needs to find a way to make up with Carolyn, though. I know that she doesn't want her to eat pizza or have cool adventures, but joining back up with the 2 WCs after the NCs get voted out is probably her best move.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2015, 12:25:48 AM »

I'm feeling Shirin is in a really good spot atm? Like the little clip included of her stratergising and suggesting that Carolyn is a huge threat works to her advantage.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2015, 04:19:09 PM »

I'm feeling Shirin is in a really good spot atm? Like the little clip included of her stratergising and suggesting that Carolyn is a huge threat works to her advantage.

The only problem is that Shirin seems to be disliked by a majority of the tribe to the point where she won't get their jury votes.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2015, 06:14:26 AM »

Will is scum.
Rodney is scum.
Sierra is scum.
Tyler is scum.

I am appalled at all of them, to just stand there and let Will act the way he did means they were all complicit in his actions. This is the most uncomfortable episode since Sue had her melt down, even worse than what either Colton or Naonka ever said.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2015, 07:01:30 PM »

No, reality shows are scum.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2015, 11:53:16 AM »

this season
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2015, 07:05:33 PM »

This season is awesome, some of the highest quantity of characters together in one season of newbies. But it's also the highest concentration of assholes in quite some time. Only halfway likeable people left are Mike, Tyler and Sierra, and she's just there and not doing anything.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2015, 02:09:58 AM »

This season is awesome, some of the highest quantity of characters together in one season of newbies. But it's also the highest concentration of assholes in quite some time. Only halfway likeable people left are Mike, Tyler and Sierra, and she's just there and not doing anything.

Mike is the only decent human being left in the game, if he doesn't win I'll kill Jeff Probst.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies