California Adopts 'Yes Means Yes' Sexual Assault Rule (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:20:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  California Adopts 'Yes Means Yes' Sexual Assault Rule (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: California Adopts 'Yes Means Yes' Sexual Assault Rule  (Read 13611 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 30, 2014, 02:12:31 AM »

Sorry, but let me add my voice to the skepticism here.  Sexual assault is a serious crime that should be investigated by the authorities in the criminal justice system.  If the authorities are dropping the ball on their investigations and prosecutions of this crime within the criminal justice system, such that they'd be better served by changing the consent rules to this new standard, then the state government should just go ahead and make that change.

Instead, it looks like they're keeping the same standard within the criminal justice system, but changing the standard for internal investigations conducted within universities, outside of the criminal justice system.  I understand that colleges and universities have codes of conduct for their students, and that it may be appropriate for a university to take action against a student even when a criminal conviction is not made, but why is it the state's business to micromanage how universities enforce their own codes of conduct?  It sounds like the legislature is just throwing up its hands and saying "Our criminal justice system can't prosecute rape properly, so we're going to use universities as a sort of secondary criminal justice system with different rules."  Seems like a cop-out.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 08:50:05 PM »

you may agree with Mr. Morden that the nasty sluts had it coming

wut?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies