My Aunt Shared this Photo on Facebook (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:27:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  My Aunt Shared this Photo on Facebook (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Aunt Shared this Photo on Facebook  (Read 2131 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« on: September 29, 2014, 01:11:02 AM »

My aunt shared this photo on Facebook. Racist and homophobic nonsense are commonplace on this woman's timeline. I hate it. I don't want my mom to invite her to our Thanksgiving dinner next month. Should she?

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 03:05:55 PM »

Does she really object to burqas, or is she just gullible? Generally, the latter is more common on social media.

She's not gullible. She's a bigot. I've called her out on it before and she's invoked all sorts of nonsense about the need to defend Christianity and blah, blah, blah.

Alternatively you could treat her like a human being instead of a political enemy.

I think she sacrificed that personal privilege when she decided that I'm not entitled to being treated like a human being myself based on something I can't control.

I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of isolation, but I would find every opportunity to mock or humiliate them.

In fact, I'm thinking of volunteering to say grace, just for her benefit:

Dear God,

On this Thanksgiving, we thank you for our friends and family, and for being able to share this opportunity together to celebrate the things and people we love.

Thank you for the food we are about to eat, and for letting us live in a country where we have this luxury; we know that in too many places around the world, people are hungry. We are also thankful for living in a country where everyone is free to express their religious beliefs, free from discrimination based on age, race, gender, or who we love, and free to pursue our dreams as we see fit. Please help each of us give thanks for these things not just on Thanksgiving, but as often as we can.

In Jesus's name we pray,

Amen.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 10:30:34 PM »

Definitely not inviting her to Christmas this year. Holy Hell.

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 05:44:42 PM »

Yea, I don't care if family conflicts political stances which mine always do. Politics is just silly and not worth fighting with family over.

I guess I don't see it as political. I see it as pure racism. She is not a women's rights advocate. She's a religious bumpkin with a severe case of xenophobia. I can overlook differences of political opinion because I think they're kind of superficial as long as the person in question is "good." If you're a racist, I think you have a bad heart, and it's kind of as simple as that.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 06:08:10 PM »

Yea, I don't care if family conflicts political stances which mine always do. Politics is just silly and not worth fighting with family over.

I guess I don't see it as political. I see it as pure racism. She is not a women's rights advocate. She's a religious bumpkin with a severe case of xenophobia. I can overlook differences of political opinion because I think they're kind of superficial as long as the person in question is "good." If you're a racist, I think you have a bad heart, and it's kind of as simple as that.

Which is apolitical how?

Well, nothing is apolitical. But when someone says "don't take politics personally," I'm thinking more about whether they're conservative or liberal, not whether their soul is full of hate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies