Would a generic D or a generic R be closer to this PM score?: +1.94, -2.96 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:05:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would a generic D or a generic R be closer to this PM score?: +1.94, -2.96 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would a generic D or a generic R be closer to the this PM score?: +1.94, -2.96
Generic D

Generic R

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Would a generic D or a generic R be closer to this PM score?: +1.94, -2.96  (Read 1515 times)
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« on: September 30, 2014, 03:08:46 PM »

Could be a moderate Democrat or a moderate Republican. It would be very difficult to choose GOP or Dem here as it really depends where in the country you are and it is really quite difficult to say that either of the national parties is necessarily closer to this score.

In Illinois, the Republican Party is far closer to this score. I can honestly say that I've met many Republicans throughout my life here in Illinois, but I've met very few social conservatives.

I imagine you would get a different answer if you were to be more used to the politics of the Mountain West or somewhere where the Dems may be a little more fiscally conservative and the GOP may not be so socially liberal.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 07:07:14 PM »

Could be a moderate Democrat or a moderate Republican. It would be very difficult to choose GOP or Dem here as it really depends where in the country you are and it is really quite difficult to say that either of the national parties is necessarily closer to this score.

In Illinois, the Republican Party is far closer to this score. I can honestly say that I've met many Republicans throughout my life here in Illinois, but I've met very few social conservatives.

I imagine you would get a different answer if you were to be more used to the politics of the Mountain West or somewhere where the Dems may be a little more fiscally conservative and the GOP may not be so socially liberal.

You're correct that it could vary based on geography, but I'm talking from a national perspective. Illinois Republicans don't represent the national party any more than West Virginia Democrats do.

Like I said, I have a very difficult time choosing nationally.

Aggregated, I would put the GOP at like +4, +2 and the Dems at -2,-2.

So idk.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies